• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- The New Age [Pg 13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk smiled at his invention, As he showed one to Alexei, he grabbed one and then turned to Rani trying hard not to stare at her. " Hey Rani, Can you use any fire attacks? Because If you can shoot fire, i'd have targets to shoot at." Shierk Smiled at her as he said this, fiddling with the gun in his hands.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rani took in a deep breath. Surely he had heard her say earlier that she was still unable to use any Fire Type moves? That she had not yet learnt any? She swore, if he was doing this deliberately just to embarass her...
    Even if she wasn't, it was embarassing, and Rani could tell that her cheeks were getting warmer (warmer than usual, and for a Growlithe, that was saying something) as she said quietly, but keeping an air of dignity:
    "No, Shierk. Only Roar and Bite."

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    "Oh" Shierk let out a disapointed sigh. "Wait you said roar right?" Shierk walked arourd the room and tore down several posters, crumpling them into balls. Then he walked back over to Rani and placed his remaining pistol in its holster. Shierk looked up at Rani and said "Okay well if you can use roar, then i can do a simple demonstration. When I toss up these paper balls, use roar and knock them across the room. I should be able to handle things from there." Shierk started to flash a smile at her, but he stopped himself midway. 'No, this is just a demonstration for my other teammates. Nothing will come from this.' Shierk frowned as he turned to his pistol. He brought the charging element close to his prongs, and allowed the small electric current that travels through his prongs to go into the pistol. He finished and then without looking up at her, he said "Ready when you are."

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    ... He was acting perfectly civil. He wasn't ignoring her anymore, and was being... friendly.
    She was slightly taken aback when he began to smile at her then suddenly stopped, turning it into a frown. Was there something wrong with smiling?
    Realising that everyone was staring at her, and not wanting the level of animosity between them to become obvious, Rani quickly composed herself and nodded.
    "I can do that," she replied. She repositioned herself into more of a balanced fighting stance, then nodded again at Shierk. 'Greaaat,' she thought to herself. 'Now I have to look at him.'

As she prepared to use Roar, she vaguely wondered if the posters had been important, then... Why exactly she had been avoiding Shierk's eye.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Kreep gave a great yawn in his seat. Sure, the new comer, Alexei, seemed like a tough guy. Still, he seemed too focused on tactics, in Kreep's opinion. The muscled buizel seemed to be attracting a lot of attention, but Kreep could just sit there with a vacant expression on his face as the water type went on about Hexagon Ridges and AACKH EADKTs or whatever. While in this idle state, he was able to pick up on one thing. Haley was crazy for this guy. Whether it would become evident to the others, Kreep was not sure. Eventually, the conversation got a bit more simple, as the team began to talk about sparring partners or something and going over to Poketraz Island. However, before Kreep could join in, Sparx started to show off his "shock guns," as he called them. Or something like that, at least. Kreep had trouble hearing what he said, though, since Rani happened to be right next to him. And he could just sense that the elekid wanted her. The bellsprout fiddled with his thick leaves, feeling like punching something. Instead, he walked over and joined the group who was standing near the center of the room. Apparently, Rani was getting ready to do a roar attack for Sheirk's "presentation". He whispered into Rani's ear (this time making sure he didn't drool on her) "Heyth, shorry bout ush gething offth on sha wrongth footsh. Whenth shyour done with shish show offth losher, whyth don'tsh we becomesh battle parthners?" Kreep then stepped back a bit, ready to watch whatever Sheirk was going to do with his guns. In his opinion, a good "thwack" on the head was a lot more satisfying...

((Goodness, you fast posters x______x))

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk nodded to himself and threw the paper balls up into the air. Rani's powerful Roar knocked the first ball all the way across the room. Shierk shot three electric pulses that tore the first ball to shreds. He tossed up the second ball and obliterated it with a charged shot. He went and retrieved his second pistol from Alexei and he placed both in their holsters. Then he put a look of pure concentration on his face and grabbed the last two balls. 'time to switch it up' he thought. He threw the paper balls up and ran towards the other side of the room, exhibiting a perfect quick attack. He leapt up to the wall and bounced off, Pulling out his pistols as his eyes narrowed. He arranged his arms in an x and he shot the two balls with extreme precision. He smiled at Rani just before he fell to the ground. He landed on his feet and placed his pistols back in his holsters.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    ... No, she had been right before. Shierk was a total show off.
    Rani couldn't help but smile as he pulled off his upside down crossover shot, but she was also half laughing inside her head at the lengths he went to to show off. Not just to her, but to everyone. It was pathetic, but in an impressive way. Still kinda grinning, she turned to Kreep who was hanging around awfully close to her. She had actually been a bit shaky as she prepared to help Shierk because having Kreep in such close proximity was quite unnerving.
    Did she really want him to be her fighting partner? Then again, Shierk had already asked Rokan, and it wouldn't really do to refuse, so she said (if a little unsure) "Okay, Kreep. If we do do some fighting practice, I'll go with you."

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk sighed as he looked up at Rani. She did look impressed, But then she started talking to Kreep. At once an internal fire raged inside of Shierk, and he did his best to hide his anger. He charged his pistols, in an effort to calm himself, but it didn't help. He sighed again. Emotions were the reason he refused to get close to people. And Kreep had just proved that. "Thanks Kreep." He said to himself. "Thanks a lot."

Shierk walked back to Rokan and asked again. "So, do you want to be my sparring partner?"

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    ((OOC: Jeez, I can't post. T_T))

Miska tried to pay attention to what was being said, but as she didn't understand most of it, she kept herself quiet. What is that Buizel talking about? she thought to herself, If he wants us to understand him, he should use terms that we know She then heard Rani speak. As she wasn't really paying that much attention, she didn't catch what she said.

Shierk now started saying something about some weapons. He had asked Rani something about what moves she does know, and put some balls of some kind on the table. Rani then raored, making the balls fly. He shot the first two with his guns, and threw the last two in the air, and fancied it up. She didn't really catch everything, but she thought it was pretty cool anyway.

"That was amazing!" She exclaimed to the Elekid, without really knowing what she was saying, "The way you did that...flip-y thing was really cool."

((That was terrible, but I couldn't think, from getting ninja'd so much))

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk heard Miska come up to him and start talking. She thought his maneuver was cool. Shierk turned to her and smiled. "Thanks. These are custom, made them myself. Y'know, if we can get the right materials, I can make you a weapon. anything you want. For a skitty though, I would reccomend a mele weapon. Maybe a set of Titani-claws or a tail sting. Whaddya think?" Shierk let that sit there.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Though she hadn't really been paying much attention, Rani could have sworn Shierk looked really angry. She didn't know why; after all, he had just executed a very difficult looking move really quite well. He muttered something under his breath, but she didn't catch it. It was at that moment that Miska the Skitty suddenly exclaimed how impressed she was with Shierk's move, and Rani slowly turned around to see what reaction the suddenly furious Elekid would have. Not that it was any of her business, of course... Not that she even cared...
    However, Rani made a mental note to tell Shierk later on that his move had been pretty good.

Then Shierk offered to make Miska a weapon. N-Not that Rani cared, of course. If he wanted to offer to make a weapon for her, he was perfectly entitled to do that, and if she accepted, she was perfectly entitled to do that, too.
    It was none of her business, and (as she reminded herself again) she. Didn't. Care.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Kreep oozed up behind Rani. He couldn't help but feel a bit of affection towards her lovely tail and perfectly groomed hair. Still... She was a fire type, and could scorch him at any moment, not just with her words. Of course, for now, she couldn't use any fire moves. Kreep grinned to himself. "Heyth, shwhy areth you shtill thtaring atsh him? Seemth to me thasht he likesh thatsh shkitty an awful lotth... C'monsh, whyth don'tsh shwe go andth talksh to thome of sha other recruitshths? Shparths sheems like he can geth a bith shoo, "dishtracthed", don'tch shyoo thinkth?

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Rani hadn't realised she'd been looking at Shierk again. She was so stupid sometimes.
    Of course, it had been a shock when Kreep's voice suddenly started right next to her ear. Suddenly realising he was quite so close sent a shiver of fear down her back. Totally creepy.
    Upon hearing his question, Rani's cheeks grew warm again, and she was glad she had fur to cover the skin which was most probably turning bright red. "I wasn't-"she began to exclaim, before realising that she was shouting, and toning down her voice to a mere murmur as she quickly spun around so she wasn't facing Shierk any more. "Staring at him. What do I care? He can talk to a Skitty if he wants to. In fact, you're right. We should go and talk to some of the other recruits. After you."

((I'm off to bed. Nighty night, all!))

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    Miska blushed(Though unnoticable, from her pink fur on her cheeks) at the offer. She didn't know why, she just did. There was something about this Elekid...All she knew about titani-claws is that they probably went on her paws, and were hard and sharp. "Uh, sure." She piped in, "I wouldn't mind that." She then noticed that Rani seemed...she didn't know. When she began to say something, that Kreep came up to Rani, and she turned around. Oh well... She thought to herself, What was I going to say anyway?

"You can go ahead and make those." she said, "I can wait however long it takes."

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk smiled at Miska. "Okay. Would you like me to place and element in it? Like fire or water?" Shierk felt weird. 'Do i feel guilty? why would I feel guilty? I'm just making a weapon for a friend....' Shierk's mind flashed to Rani again. 'NO! There will never be anything going on between us...' But part of his mind spoke to him. It could be different this time Shierk. It might not end badly this time. 'I don't know that! I can't believe i'm arguing with myself' Shierk's eyes cleared. "So yeah, do you want an element imbued into it?"

Last edited:

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Haley was now completely ignoring the newcomer buizel. She instead was trying to think of a pokemon that would make a good sparring partner. Looking around the room Haley reviewed her choices. Maybe I should spar with Len... after all we both have the special ability water absorb, it should be a challenge for both of us. Half-heartedly, Haley listened to the conversations going on in the room, waiting for a chance to bring up the subject. Finally, all the pokemon were beginning to separate into chatting groups. It seemed that the amazing display of Shierk had been the turning point for this. Before discussion ended though, Haley wanted to get things moving. "Okay, looks like we should pick a sparring partner and then do a quick fight outside, somewhere where there is a lot of room. Then maybe we should head to Poketraz Island. Is that agreeable everyone?"

After a few minutes Haley hopped down and walked over to Len. "Hey, I was thinking it might be a good idea to spar with you. We both have the ability water absorb, which heals us if hit by a water type move. I figure that this would make the battle challenging. Unless, of course, you only know water-type moves, because I would have an easy win then. So, you up for this?" Haley looked hopefully at Len, if he didn't agree, then who could she spar with?

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Mack didn't put much thought into finding a sparring partner. It seemed Shierk already made up his mind and chose Miska after he did a showy performance. It surprised Mack how he chose her, for he and Rani have been chatting a while. Haley apparently wanted Len as a partner for they were both water type. Mack really now thought of what its sparring partner should be. It saw Kreep asking Rani if she wanted to be his partner, at least, it thinks he is. Mack quietly hovered to his side and whispered, "Did you ask Rani for a sparring partner? Well, if she doesn't, I'll be happy to oblige." Mack didn't really mind Kreep's attitude and was quite used to it. In its old days, many other gangsters and punks would mess with it. Not that Kreep was one, but he was just a bit odd...but in a good way.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    Shierk smiled at Miska. "hey Miska, don't worry about it, I'll surprise you." Shierk knew exactly what element he wanted to put in the Titiani-claws. Ground. It was strong against 5 other types, and its power came from the planet himself. Shierk walked up to Haley after she announced that they were going to be sparring and saw she was asking Len to spar. Shierk turned to Haley and said"Haley, do you think we would be able to stock up at the kecleon shop before we go? I was thinking about making some of us custom weapons, but I need supplies. soo what do you think? If you say yes i'll make you a weapon free!" Shierk smiled as he said this.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    Alexei sighed, frowning with the slightest show of dismay in his eyes as he turned away from those that had chosen to pair up to spar. For whatever reason they had labeled him undesirable for training, the Buizel wasn't quite sure, but to be fair, it was probably his own fault. He gave Haley another sharp look, which he was sure she didn't see, and he turned his attention to his own person. If he couldn't spar with anyone and get a feel for his comrades' level of experience with close-quarters fighting, he may as well try to do something to occupy himself.

Grasping his custom M1911 by it's grip at his right leg holster, the Buizel slowly retracted his arm, sliding the pistol smoothly from it's place. He held it in place, aiming at a wall, with the safety engaged. He seemed to be in thought for a moment, before he stood up, placing the weapon back in it's holster at his side. He then turned about-face in a rapid 180-degree motion, facing the opposite way, and retrieved his firearm, facing the opposite wall this time.

Using himself as a measurement for an imaginary opponent, the short Buizel began cycling through some basic hand strikes and frontal attacks, judging by his own posture for the pressure points and weak spots he was aiming for. He had chosen to ignore the one who called himself Shierk, along with his flashy movements and weaponry. Alexei had no use for someone like that on the team he'd be a part of, and he was sure nobody else did, either. He had learned over twenty-two years of experience that people like Shierk were the first ones to get themselves K.I.A.

Shaking away the thoughts - particularly a series of questioning introspections on why Haley had taken to him as she had, and then suddenly turned away from him like he wasn't worth her time anymore. Possibly because she thought he was just some old guy, and maybe she thought the 'important parts' didn't function anymore?

Alexei would have almost blushed, if it were not for the fact that all of his blood was rushing to his brain and lungs already as he began to deliver more basic leg strikes and other assorted simple maneuvers on his imaginary opponent. Once or twice, he cast upon himself a display of water, controlling its flow to deliver what he could only imagine hurt a bit worse than a bare hand on the neck.

Sighing, the Buziel shook his head. What a strange character, that Haley... Either she was immature, and truly believed Alexei was just some old guy not worth her time, or she was hiding something. Probably the former, the Buizel reasoned. He had made an ass of himself only minutes prior, which he was embarrassed for. With the thoughts of Haley now permeating his mind for reasons he couldn't quite explain to himself, the Buizel moved on from his original practice regimen, using combination strikes and occasionally aiming his gun in another direction - of which he made sure didn't point at anyone else.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    From out of the corner of her eye, Rani noticed the tough Buizel begin to practise his moves. She was just going to ignore him and focus on the task at hand (though she didn't know what that really was), but eventually she simply had to turn her head and watch him properly. He was so dedicated and so skillful. She had never seen anyone fight so well in her entire life, and she couldn't help staring and feeling sorry for anyone that came into close combat with him. She certainly wouldn't last a moment if they fought against each other, and that wasn't even taking into account her drastic type disadvantage.
    He stopped for a moment, then shook his head and continued his impressive fighting, and Rani vaguely wondered why, until the thought suddenly occured to her that Kreep, her sparring partner, was also bipedal and would also be able to use punches and kicks effectively, and even if he wasn't anywhere near as skilled as Buizel it would still give him an advantage. It didn't help that Rani herself wasn't currently capable of using any Fire Type moves with which she could gain the advantage over him.
    Well, she would just have to try her best to utilize her moves in a way to bring him down... Though she had been trained to fight, she had never really had to fight properly; the witness protection program didn't actually lead her into any. The program was really so good at hiding the witnesses that she often didn't need to use her fighting in protecting them. She was out of practise, and she was sure it was going to show in her fight against Kreep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back