• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: To the Ends of the Earth [T] [OOC]

Lumo

Professional Kleptomaniac
Years
  • Greetings. You still have a spot open, so I'd like to at least try and take it from you.

Species: Mankey

Nickname: No official nickname, (altough he wants his closest friends to call him Zenkey)

Ability: Vital Spirit

Moves: Karate Chop, Low Kick, Fury Swipes, Close Combat (Egg)

Personality: Unlike pretty much every other mankey in existence, Mankey is almost always calm and collected, at times he can be serious or just a tad annoyed but calm nonetheless. Some would call him a genius, others would call him mad, most would just call him lazy.
    Mankey has a passion for adventuring and making tons of friends, but also taking afternoon naps. This becomes a problem when he is given a task, as he will want to handle it slowly. On the other hand; he has a great attention to detail and the ability to handle most things with care. The mankeys back in his home were quite rowdy, so of course he tried to be the mature one and resolve the conflicts, without violence preferably. Once he decides to do something, however, he will do it with or without violence if necessary.
    Mankey likes to philosophize, which is not very good for people that want strike up a conversation with him. He will always try to hog the conversation with his annoyingly calm speech and his stupid, nonsensical, so-called poems and "inspirational quotes". Others always make fun of him for it. This often makes Mankey sad; he tries very hard to be very social but people just don't understand him sometimes. That's why he's out searching for the perfect friend.
    You shouldn't be fooled by his calmness and his lazy appearance, however. Mankey is a skilled fighter, better than most normal rage-filled mankeys, he is able to think calmly about where and how to strike before he does it.
    Now, IF you somehow managed to piss him off, then you better run, because he will start rampaging on everything and everyone around him. Mankey does not discriminate between friend and foe while in total rampage mode.

Appearance: Apart from having his eyes closed 40% of the time he's awake, there isn't much that differentiates Mankey from all the other mankeys. All he has is a green cloth band, tightly wrapped around the edge of his tail.

History: Mankey lived in a fairly-sized village, far away from Treasure Town. From the moment he hatched, his father new he was different. While most Mankeys came into this world kicking and blowing smoke out their nostrils; this Mankey was soundly asleep and could not be woken up, no matter what they did. He would wake up on his own a day later, to see his father, a strong, talented Primeape, having a sparring match with another primeape. His mother had disappeared before he hatched. Growing up Mankey would have been driven by two things; wanting to be as good as his father and his mother. He wanted to find her and bring her back home. When he told his father this, he became angry. "How could you?", his father shouted. "She doesn't even have a name... none of us do." He was young, he listened to his father, crushed by his fathers words, Mankey became angry for the first time. He lost all control of himself, he started destroying the whole village, but was eventually stopped by his father, who then gave him a green band to put on his tail as a reminder. Then he simply gave up. There was nothing to do and nothing to chase after. Not even fighting was interesting anymore, he was better than the other mankeys anyway. He always fell asleep during training, now he could just do it all the time instead.
    He started sleeping more, asking the universe questions and writing poems. The others made fun of him for it, but he didn't care, he was asleep anyways.
    One day he realized just how lonely he was. His mother abandoned him, his father thought he was weak and lazy, and everyone else made fun of him. Mankey loved having fun, even if his life was now devoid of it. So he wanted something else, he wanted to go on adventures, but he didn't want to do this alone he wanted a friend, someone who wouldn't make fun of his poems and philosophies, someone he could have fun times with and find cool stuff with he wanted the perfect friend. He didn't want to constantly be on the move throughout the world however, he wanted to always have a bed to sleep in. Then he remembered the famous adventurers guild.
    So when the Wingull arrived in their village, he wrote a letter of application to the famous Wigglytuff's Guild. He made sure not to tell anyone that he was going, he knew his father would heavily disapprove, since he was unaware of his true strength, but sure enough, a couple of days later, a letter of acceptance arrived, and he set out on his journey to Treasure Town.

First time with this sort of RP so I hope this was good enough. Wasn't sure if I was going to post this or not, but screw it.

Ishymata

Ruined Soul
    Years
  • Greetings. You still have a spot open, so I'd like to at least try and take it from you.

Species: Mankey

Nickname: No official nickname, (altough he wants his closest friends to call him Zenkey)

Ability: Vital Spirit

Moves: Karate Chop, Low Kick, Fury Swipes, Close Combat (Egg)

Personality: Unlike pretty much every other mankey in existence, Mankey is almost always calm and collected, at times he can be serious or just a tad annoyed but calm nonetheless. Some would call him a genius, others would call him mad, most would just call him lazy.
    Mankey has a passion for adventuring and making tons of friends, but also taking afternoon naps. This becomes a problem when he is given a task, as he will want to handle it slowly. On the other hand; he has a great attention to detail and the ability to handle most things with care. The mankeys back in his home were quite rowdy, so of course he tried to be the mature one and resolve the conflicts, without violence preferably. Once he decides to do something, however, he will do it with or without violence if necessary.
    Mankey likes to philosophize, which is not very good for people that want strike up a conversation with him. He will always try to hog the conversation with his annoyingly calm speech and his stupid, nonsensical, so-called poems and "inspirational quotes". Others always make fun of him for it. This often makes Mankey sad; he tries very hard to be very social but people just don't understand him sometimes. That's why he's out searching for the perfect friend.
    You shouldn't be fooled by his calmness and his lazy appearance, however. Mankey is a skilled fighter, better than most normal rage-filled mankeys, he is able to think calmly about where and how to strike before he does it.
    Now, IF you somehow managed to piss him off, then you better run, because he will start rampaging on everything and everyone around him. Mankey does not discriminate between friend and foe while in total rampage mode.

Appearance: Apart from having his eyes closed 40% of the time he's awake, there isn't much that differentiates Mankey from all the other mankeys. All he has is a green cloth band, tightly wrapped around the edge of his tail.

History: Mankey lived in a fairly-sized village, far away from Treasure Town. From the moment he hatched, his father new he was different. While most Mankeys came into this world kicking and blowing smoke out their nostrils; this Mankey was soundly asleep and could not be woken up, no matter what they did. He would wake up on his own a day later, to see his father, a strong, talented Primeape, having a sparring match with another primeape. His mother had disappeared before he hatched. Growing up Mankey would have been driven by two things; wanting to be as good as his father and his mother. He wanted to find her and bring her back home. When he told his father this, he became angry. "How could you?", his father shouted. "She doesn't even have a name... none of us do." He was young, he listened to his father, crushed by his fathers words, Mankey became angry for the first time. He lost all control of himself, he started destroying the whole village, but was eventually stopped by his father, who then gave him a green band to put on his tail as a reminder. Then he simply gave up. There was nothing to do and nothing to chase after. Not even fighting was interesting anymore, he was better than the other mankeys anyway. He always fell asleep during training, now he could just do it all the time instead.
    He started sleeping more, asking the universe questions and writing poems. The others made fun of him for it, but he didn't care, he was asleep anyways.
    One day he realized just how lonely he was. His mother abandoned him, his father thought he was weak and lazy, and everyone else made fun of him. Mankey loved having fun, even if his life was now devoid of it. So he wanted something else, he wanted to go on adventures, but he didn't want to do this alone he wanted a friend, someone who wouldn't make fun of his poems and philosophies, someone he could have fun times with and find cool stuff with he wanted the perfect friend. He didn't want to constantly be on the move throughout the world however, he wanted to always have a bed to sleep in. Then he remembered the famous adventurers guild.
    So when the Wingull arrived in their village, he wrote a letter of application to the famous Wigglytuff's Guild. He made sure not to tell anyone that he was going, he knew his father would heavily disapprove, since he was unaware of his true strength, but sure enough, a couple of days later, a letter of acceptance arrived, and he set out on his journey to Treasure Town.

First time with this sort of RP so I hope this was good enough. Wasn't sure if I was going to post this or not, but screw it.

Ha, ha, ha. So many people gripping for the last spots.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    That's true. I guess it would be best to wait until he posts his to let GM judge each SU? He did ask first, after all. Mine's probably filled with mistakes since I haven't slept in hours cx Once I get some shuteye I'll make sure everything is a-ok.
    (If I'm not accepted, that's okay! I'll probably just use this SU for the next PMD I join ^^)

SU -
    Spoiler:

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
    Years
  • Does anyone else find it kinda funny that mine is the only character that has an official Mega Evolution, yet is also the only one that doesn't have a normal evolution?

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Alright, since you're all competing, I'm going to be choosing the best SUs as opposed to the first ones. So let me look over these and then decide.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I've made some of my decision. One spot I have decided on, while I am still trying to figure out the last one. Please be patient. But for now, Twitch the Paras by Ishymata is accepted!

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Alright, this was very very tough. I liked both your SUs, and it pains me to have to reject one of you... but... I have decided. Zero the Porygon is the final member of the guild. Welcome, TheSignWriter!

As for Lumo, I liked your SU for sure. But I felt like Zero was just a more interesting character for this RP. Nothing personal, and I wish you luck in the future.

Lumo

Professional Kleptomaniac
    Years
  • It's fine. My SU wasn't really that well thought out; I did write it late at 1 in the morning.
    I got into another RP though, so I'm still happy.
    You better keep it going too, cause I'll be reading it. ^^

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Heh sorry I didn't throw in a SU after asking about it, got wrapped up in alooottt of stuff the past week. If there's no more spots then I'm fine with that but lemme know if you get room and I'll try to write something up in the ol notepad till then!

Back