• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ???(name undecided)

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    is this good for a start?

It's definitely better than before... the major issue was the size. As WILLBILL2 said, if you look closely at my sprite, you'll see that I used lighter shades in the outline as the shades in the body got lighter. The two big problems I see now are the eyes, and the hues you chose.

The eyes should be looking ahead and slightly to the Pokemon's right... they shouldn't look like they're looking down at all. As it is now, Leefin seems to be looking at its armpit, rather than the opponent ten feet away.

The colors are... well, Pokemon are generally not day-glo. This is why I was saying to use colors that already exist in the games... if you were to put Leefin next to anything else from LeafGreen, it would look completely out of place.

Years
    • Seen today
    Oh! That's why it was only an outline when I put it in ruby!!!

Edit: Pokemon ???(name undecided) - This Better?

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Not really but I can't give much advice because I'm no good at outlines. My suggestion would be to do trial and error when you have time and see which ones look the best. Right here looks like you just minorly changed the outline. But I do like that you aren't giving up.

Years
    Oh! That's why it was only an outline when I put it in ruby!!!

Edit: Pokemon ???(name undecided) - This Better?

Still a bit too much black. Only use black for some smaller parts of Leefin. The legs I would suggest a darker colored yellow. Please try to make it a little smaller!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    That's actually pretty good now. Eyes still should look forward, but, coming from someone who doesn't sprite, mind you, it doesn't look too bad apart from the fact that its shape is not leaf-like and it shouldn't have arms

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    The yellow Noodle...I mean arms are a big turn off...Try not to make them so Bright Yellow...I mean its a leaf...But the Base is a bit of an Improvement...You don't have to listin this...I mean who Am I to judge Spriters...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yellow is probably the most logical colour for the arms, because, you wouldn't want a leaf with purple arms, right?

Pure Suicune

Hi there people are you happy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    This game might turn out not that bad and the Fakemon look wierd but i like wierd i guess well i think as long as the plot isnt bad it'll be good!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I just noticed something.Hows your rival master of pokemon,and he still is your rival?If he has strong pokemon,you can't battle he him,you only can battle him at the end-i quess- where you have enough strong pokemon.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have no idea what you are saying.
    And I just decided that I'm going to do everything by myself, and does anyone know how to insert scripts into a map and how to insert sprites into a map?

Last edited:
    Back