• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon ???(name undecided)

Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Jade

Pokemon Jade

Intro

Hello there, I'm 5qwerty, and I absolutely love to make up Fake Pokemon, a few years ago, I drew so many Fake Pokemon in class and gave them all names, abilities, and movesets, and a little info on their stats, and even their Pokedex entry. So now I'm into hacking a game and inserting sprites for the Fake Pokemon, but currently I have only sprited one, but I think it is a good start, so here is Pokemon Jade. I am also pretty bad at mapping, scripting, and many more, but all I can do is sprite (a little) and make the story line, so if there are any kind people out there that can or want to help, try it. I will also try to improve along the way. I will also try to map and script, but I still need some people to help me.

Hack of: Leaf Green/Fire Red

Story

You are a little boy or girl in Grainy Town. You have wanted to be a Pokemon master like your rival friend (get to name him). You both go to the town's proffesor, Proffesor Pine, and get your first (Fake) Pokemon, chose between LEEFIN (grass), FIRGNET (fire), and WATEDDY (water). Your buddy goes out of town before you, and when you walk out of town, you see your friend getting chased by a FLORA goon, whose boss wants to make the whole world into a jungle. (I have thought of this a long time ago, because the first game I played was Ruby, so MAG-MA, A-QUA, and FLO-RA, and the FLORA leader is Frankie) Team FLORA has POISON Pokemon (like any other evil team) and mostly GRASS types. You have to battle him. After that, you will fight for badges and hopfully defeat Team FLORA!!!

Features

- DELTIC region
    - New evil team (Team FLORA)
    - All 386 Pokemon are going to be Fake Pokemon (Edit: maybe not, a few will remain, like Snorlax and Onix, because I have other evolutions for them.
    - All 386 are catchable (some you have to talk to random people in a certain order, or some you have to have certain Pokemon in your team to reveal a secret door, or something else)
    - New maps
    - New story
    - New Hero(ine)

Gym Leaders and Elite Four

Spoiler:

Pictures
    (not screenshots)

Pokemon ???(name undecided)- LEEFIN

- No Screenshots (yet)
    - No downloads (yet)
    - No banners, team members, etc. (yet)

Fake Pokemon:

Spoiler:

Thank you for reading!!!

If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to criticize or ask, criticize as much as you like or as hard as you like, I will improve on your suggestions and answer your questions.

Last edited:

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
  • I think the Fakemon would look a little bit better if you darkened up some colors, added a few more colors, and shaded it some more. Right now, it looks exactly like you explained it: Doodles in class. I'm not saying they're bad, but you kinda need to make them more advanced.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Leafgreen i wouldn't use that there are barely any tool's for it use fire red there are a lot for that.

Tell me what tools FR has that LG doesn't? You can still use XSE, you can still use A-Map. Not seeing any problems here...

The Fakemon are a bit shifty. Look at real Pokemon - notice how they use 16 colours and shading? Try that instead of 6 colours. xD

Bushstar

Master of Nothingness
    Years
  • What rom are you hacking for this? If you need any help with the trainer spriting, you can always get help from me.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Nice idea with the team FLORA,and the jungle.
    but the names of the fakemons are a little weird.Try fixing some grammar mistakes in the storyline.
    How are you supposed to make 386 fakemon?This is very hard.

P.S. try to learn a hacking skill better,you can't count on others to do your job.

~good luck.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • it looks good but your making the Fakemon on Paint which I dont mind but it makes your Fakemon look a bit bad but ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK

What's wrong with Paint? I make all of my sprites in it, including the one in my signature, and they're... well, at least acceptable.

5qwerty, a few words of advice... as others have mentioned, your sprites need to have realistic shading, using as many as but no more than sixteen colors, one of which is the background color, which can't be the same as any of the colors used on the sprite. For example, the five sprites above are shades of black, red, brown, and blue... so I use a green background on them. If you used a white background as seen in the image when putting them in the game, anything white on them (such as their eyes) would be transparent.

The Grass-type... Leefin, was it? ...is a bit too big. I mean, it would fit in the game... but the front sprite is exactly as tall as it's allowed to be, and the back sprite is exactly as wide as it's allowed to be. In case you don't see the problem here, Leefin is the first in its evolutionary line, so Leefiter and Leephist would have to be either the same size or smaller. Leefin should be small, like... like... well, it'd be easier to show you, rather than trying to explain.

The red box represents the size a battle sprite is allowed to be. If a sprite fits within the box, it can be used. If even one pixel overlaps the red, the sprite is too big. As you can see, Leefin is the maximum size, about as tall as Rhyhorn and Swampert, when it should be the size of Pokemon like Bulbasaur and Houndour. I've taken the liberty to make my own version of Leefin... I don't mean any disrespect by it, it's just an example to show you proper size and shading. Since Leefin isn't yet a Fighting-type, I opted for vines rather than the fists shown on the back sprite, and decided not to give it legs in order to show how immature it is. If you'll look at the sprites of young Pokemon, you'll see that they have small limbs compared to their evolutions, and sometimes have less limbs. Large arms and legs seem more like something that Leephist should have.

I've included the steps that went into Leefin's creation, as kind of a tutorial on how to easily make sprites in MS Paint. You can use the Circle tool all you want, just make sure that you like the outcome. As you can see on the far right, I've put Leefin on a background of a color not used in the sprite, and made a palette of all of the colors used... You should always do this, for reference purposes; it's especially helpful when putting the sprite into the ROM. The shading on the sprite isn't great, but it's serviceable. It was a rush job... if I'd put more time into it, I probably would have made the tip of the leaf curled, and taken other steps to show that it's flat... it looks a bit round. Oh, and you should try to stick to colors that already exist in the game, so that everything blends well... the green I used is from Oddish, the yellow(ish) is from Bayleef, and the blue is from Golduck. I think that's about all I wanted to say... good luck with your hack, I hope this has been helpful!

edit: Oh, and you can use the Leefin sprite, if you want to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the mini tutorial, it really helped me a lot. Also thanks for the sprite you made, but I was thinking that LEEFIN had to have legs to manuveur more quickly and more easily, but thanks a lot anyway.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • I was thinking that LEEFIN had to have legs to manuveur more quickly and more easily

Well... that's kind of the idea behind Pokemon evolving. As they grow, they become more effective in combat. When Seedot and Lotad evolve into Nuzleaf and Lombre, they both get hands, and with them the ability to use Fakeout. Torchic can't learn Double Kick and Sky Uppercut until it evolves into Combusken, because it doesn't have the musculature, balance.. and, for the latter, limbs, to properly execute them. That's why so many small Pokemon (Oddish, Sunkern, Azurill, Bonsly, etc.) are lacking limbs; to make them seem all the more capable when they evolve.

Milk

ガットミルク
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    The story isn't that orignal
    Its kinda like team galactic

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • It's an ok start but add some shading and contrast to it to make it 3-D. You have some but I think you should add more like the sprite made by Chesu.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Yes....shaded sprites make it look more...Uh...real and it looks like you drew it on paper...in other words...it looks flat...and for some reason...I depict it's arms as noodles...No offense though, I don't mean to be offense...

Back