• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON ~NEBULA~

which nightmare ponyta looks better on page 6?

• The first one

Votes: 230 74.4%
  • The second one

Votes: 86 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    In short, in-game it will have the same quality as the still one, right?

Anyway, I think that if you're up to the spriting, animated sprites would be better. It looks like a lot of work to make extra sprites for every Pokémon...

Years
  • I think animation would be a great addition to the game.
    And I don't think it would be that hard if you had help-
    All you really have to do is edit the existing sprite and tweak a bit.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • I don't think that animating the pokemon during the entire battle would be a good idea because:

1) It would take a lot of time, effort, and space.
    2) It would delay progression of the rest of the game.
    3) When animated, the sprites look like they lost color and they look grainy.

I totally agree. I think it very well could be added down the road when more gameplay is done. What would you rather have: a nice long beta with still sprites or an unfinished game with animations?

But if you and Andinator can find some help, I say go for it.

darthvagabond100

Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    Here's where I got 3 :

output.gif
    and
    output.gif

See? They look grainy.
    Hmm I see your point but in this particular case i have to object because Gif. Lowers the animation quality...as you can see with the animated fakemon i created, they are in gif format because i was using them as examples. Ingame the quality would be good because you are switching between 2 or more png. image frames...But one issue i am scared of is lag! I think we should do a test and if i can find a scripter to pull it off ill post a test video. then we can debate.

But on a side note i would add animation as a final touch to the game after story etc are complete. that way i could release a demo to keep you guys busy then the full version with animations later.

But like i said frames aren't the issue with me...I actually enjoy making the animations.....

On another note im working on tiles at the moment to give nebula new look you know..currently working on underound city...Subterra

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
  • I think doing the test is a great way to figure this thing out.

And Subterra sounds cool man! is it going to have buildings or just caves that people live in? like a small cave could be someones house and a big cave could be a gym haha :)

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2013
    Actually, speaking of high-tech underground, I had made this previously but had no use for it. But now I do! Behold!
    Stalac-lite.png
    I call it the Stalac-lite™. You can have a scientist talk about how they made it so that it was easier to see down there, and made it blend in with the cave, so as to not disturb the native pokemon!

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    Stalaglite is actually harder to say than it looks. But thats unimportant. I like the idea of an underground city. Also I've been on this thread for so long I can't even remember and it's fun to look at how the discussions move from one subject to another. Hunts are the funniest thing ever to see how they have changed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    man darth, i think its your lack of experience with GIF. unless you have adobe imageready, send me the frames. i don't know if GIF can dothis, but you need to set the number of possible colors. GIF automatically does the same thing indexing does. therefore, you need to change the number of colors. your options should be 8 16 24 128 and 256

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    HEY GUYS MINI UPDATE......:)

@Shadowtogepi.... Do you have something to trade? I dnt wanna just hand out spritework srry:(

oh, i don't have any. i didn't want the sprites, i just wanted to use the idea of pokehunts
    it was something I was looking forward to when your game comes out.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    This game looks sickkkk...Are you still planning on releasing it? And if so, do you have a date in mind?

When I look at post like these I then look at the number of posts they're all low. Anyways it's actually against the rules to ask that question and you will never get a definite answer, if you even get one, so don't ask.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    haha..the main charactor looks like dragonball characters..
    keep the good work going ! and i love your storyline

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'll help you with fakemon from hunts as well if you want.
    I can come up with storylines for them too, but they might be too long.
    also, if possible, could you add pokemon hunts as a different option in the start menu (like special missions in PMD explorers of sky)

Fish94

Freerunning Fish
    Years
  • I'll help you with fakemon from hunts as well if you want.
    I can come up with storylines for them too, but they might be too long.
    also, if possible, could you add pokemon hunts as a different option in the start menu (like special missions in PMD explorers of sky)

What would be the point?
    They are already optional in the main game, so adding an extra bit seems a bit stupid, no offense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back