• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon: Old Amber

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm a bit unsure why this is in the '"Completed'' Section. Does this mean the entire story you wrote in the features is fully playable from start to finish? Seems very interesting and I'd love to give this a shot, but not if I have to quite halfway.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    I'm a bit unsure why this is in the '"Completed'' Section. Does this mean the entire story you wrote in the features is fully playable from start to finish? Seems very interesting and I'd love to give this a shot, but not if I have to quite halfway.

Yes, it's fully playable from start to finish. However, I am leaving it as "Completed" for now until I can be absolutely sure that there are no more lingering bugs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yes, it's fully playable from start to finish. However, I am leaving it as "Completed" for now until I can be absolutely sure that there are no more lingering bugs.

Alright, I'll definitely try this out then, glad to hear that, besides some (maybe?) bugs it's basically complete. Sounds really good.

Does this game also have a speed up option?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2020
    I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. As for surfing, you are actually given a surfboard at the beginning of the game by your mom. It should be in your key items bag. You should just be able to walk up to a body of water and press Enter. If, for some reason, that isn't working for you, you can select the surfboard from your bag.

As for Sitrus Berries, that actually changed in Gen IV. It now restores 25% of HP.

Thanks for this. I've managed to play a lot further ahead but I've found another problem. An NPC said something about a man at the lake of rage who helps with trade-evolving. I tried to find this man by surfing on the left side of the lake but there's a clear gap I can't surf past, it's the second gap. It's like some invisible wall is there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Thanks for this. I've managed to play a lot further ahead but I've found another problem. An NPC said something about a man at the lake of rage who helps with trade-evolving. I tried to find this man by surfing on the left side of the lake but there's a clear gap I can't surf past, it's the second gap. It's like some invisible wall is there.

Thanks for pointing that out. It must have happened when I was updating the tiles. I fixed it in version 0.23.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    UPDATE: I decided to add a new ability called "Draconic Ancestry" to certain pokemon who aren't Dragon type but might as well be. I added it as a secondary ability to pokemon with only one ability. I replaced some existing abilities though where I had to.

Draconic Ancestry gives non-Dragon pokemon that have this ability a STAB boost when using Dragon type moves. The pokemon with this ability are Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Gyarados, Lapras (replaces Shell Armor), Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Milotic, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos (replaces Plus hidden ability), Larvitar, Pupitar, and Tyranitar.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Fixed small bug with Safari Zone and added Draconic Ancestry ability to more pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Thank you, Quantaris. I'm appreciating the feedback I'm getting from the community here. Hopefully soon, once I am confident that any lingering bugs have been sorted out, I can move the status to "Released". In the meantime, I hope you enjoy playing it. I know that a GSC remake isn't the most original idea in the world, but I mainly made this just to fix some of the problems I had with core series games.

Years
    • Online now
    The "Released" status is actually for fangames that aren't complete yet, but have a demo, alpha, or beta released. The "Completed" status is for games that have been finished. However, there are "Completed" fangames that have bugs in them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    The "Released" status is actually for fangames that aren't complete yet, but have a demo, alpha, or beta released. The "Completed" status is for games that have been finished. However, there are "Completed" fangames that have bugs in them.

Oh, thanks for the explanation. That's very helpful.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2020
    anybody know where a dawn stone is located just started but i want to have a gallade

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    anybody know where a dawn stone is located just started but i want to have a gallade

There are two places you can obtain Dawn Stones (and every other evolution stone):

1. Goldenrod Game Corner prize

2. Celadon Department Store

By the way, if you take the Goldenrod Game Corner route, you can actually cheat to make the game a little easier if you have a Psychic pokemon in your party. Since you will be evolving a Kirlia, you will inevitably have one anyway, so you can use the game management computer in the lower-right corner of the room to get an access code that will make the slots a little more biased in your favor.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Important update for alpha version 0.25

Although there are no HM moves in the game, certain formerly HM moves that a pokemon can learn naturally by leveling up (like Machamp learning Strength) were unable to be deleted. This newest version fixes that, so these moves can be deleted if you choose.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    Does anyone know how to evolve Fletchinder in this game?
    The thing is that I've trained it up to level 48 and it's still not evolving.

EDIT 2: Nevermind about Fletchinder, but I think Alolan Raichu is bugged because when I tried battling Lt. Surge I couldn't do anything.
    This is what it says when I try to attack:
    ---------------------------
    Pokémon Old Amber
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `effects' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0xbb6e760>

PokeBattle_Battler:693:in `pbSpeed'

PokeBattle_Battle:995:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:2736:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2564:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2563:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2563:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2549:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:2572:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Pokémon Old Amber\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

-And also this:
    Pokémon Old Amber

PokeBattle_Battle:995:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:994:in `pbPriority'

PokeBattle_Battle:2915:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2568:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2567:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:2567:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2549:in `loop'

-And then when I try to switch out:
    Pokémon Old Amber

PokeBattle_AI:2932:in `pbRoughStat'

PokeBattle_AI:108:in `pbGetMoveScore'

PokeBattle_AI:3889:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:3887:in `each'

PokeBattle_AI:3887:in `pbChooseMoves'

PokeBattle_AI:4323:in `pbDefaultChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Scene:2786:in `pbChooseEnemyCommand'

PokeBattle_Battle:2618:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2613:in `each'

Last edited:

Sr.Haruno

Banned
    Years
  • you need to sharp you mapping skill and spriting.

also try atleast change red, or make all npc gen 4 if you will use it. as they say "consistency is the key"...

By the looks of it, it's look like it only took few weeks to be completed... i know you could do better.

Back