• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Olivine Version

Should I even bother continuing with this hack?

• Yes

Votes: 80 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
  • Pokemon: Olivine Version

(My horrible logo that I made in approximately 2 minutes)

Information
    Name: Pokemon Olivine Version
    Hack of:
    Pokemon: Olivine Version

Created by: Me, myself, and I, the (less-than) amazing VL

Features
    ~A whole new region, the vast land of Alatia
    ~ 17 - that's right - 17 new towns and cities
    ~A brand new league: 8 new leaders, a new Elite Four, and an elusive Champion
    ~A new plotline (more on that below)
    ~Hopefully some Fakemon, if I can figure that out. :/ But don't quote me on that.
    ~All legendaries in GSC/RSE/FRLG obtainable, including Celebi, the hack's poster child
    ~The regular, plain old FRLG graphics, because I am a complete dunceling when it comes to graphical things.

Plot
    It is fifty years since the events of Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, and the world is a changed place. It seems as though all evil has been erased from the surface of the planet - Team Rocket of Kanto and Johto, Team Aqua and Magma of Hoenn, and Team Galactic of Sinnoh, have all disbanded, in part due to the recent rise to power of the Verse Corporation. Verse is a worldwide philanthropic organization, based in the country of Alatia, who have helped the world regain its composure after the terrorist activities of half a century ago. Through massive donations amounting to the equivalent of several trillion American dollars, Verse is the wealthiest company on the planet.

You are a teenage boy or girl, living in the secluded haven of Seabreeze Village. On your sixteenth birthday, it is time for you to leave home and begin your journey as a Pokémon trainer. A retired trainer of many years living in the village, Mathias, graciously gives you your first Pokémon (either a Tyrogue, a Poochyena, or a Drowzee), and sends you off on your quest to collect the eight gym badges of Alatia, and become the ultimate Pokémon master.

However, the simplicity of your adventure does not last long. After witnessing the robbery of a valuable object, you become thrust into the middle of a world-altering conspiracy, involving several world powers, and a certain legendary Pokémon. It seems like Verse must intervene - but the officers of Verse are dubiously absent. It is up to you.

Can you stop this unknown evil and prevent the ill use of the mysterious powers of Celebi, all the while earning the eight badges and becoming the ultimate Pokémon trainer?

Characters
    You - Need I explain this one? You are a teenaged boy/girl, living in Seabreeze Village, about to embark on an epic journey around Alatia.
    Maria - Your next-door neighbor since you were very young. She is twenty-four, and has refused all her life to battle with her single Pokémon, a Ninetales.
    Lloyd - A new trainer, much like yourself, who recently moved to Willowbrook Town and is about to embark on his own journey. (Rival, name changeable)
    Mathias - An elderly man who has been retired from Pokémon training for over twenty years. He gives you your first Pokémon, one of the many that he once called his own.
    Cole - Maria's boyfriend, who lives in Olloboro City. Cole travels to Seabreeze Village every few days to visit her, but when he suddenly stops showing up, Maria takes matters into her own hands.
    Francois - A magician and member of the renowned Elite Four. He resides in Aurora City and teaches at the Aurora Institute of Magic, rarely leaving his studies.
    Ardith - Little is known about the founder and leader of the Verse Corporation.
    The Gym Leaders - Koda, Geo, Donnie, Brett, Francesca, Marina, Doopliss and Taylor are the eight people you must defeat in battle in order to earn their badges and complete your journey.

The Land of Alatia
    The land of Alatia consists of 17 towns, 8 of which contain Pokémon gyms. Some of these towns include (in no particular order):

~Aurora City: The City of Many Colors
    ~Riverview Town: Town on the Illusia
    ~Willowbrook Town: The Flourishing Forest Town
    ~Olloboro City: The Great City of Lights
    ~Highlark City: The Windy Valley City
    ~Phario City: The Pinnacle of the East
    ~Homiglock Town: A Historical Town of Champions
    ~Saphiro Town: The Shining Ocean Jewel
    ~Kamerika City: The Bustling Crossroads City

Screens
    Ah yes, the best part. Where you actually get to SEE the game. I'll post numbers by each screen, and then make my commentary below.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

1. Exiting your house in Seabreeze Village.
    2. The Seabreeze shoreline
    3. Talking to Maria
    4. Talking to Mathias about your first Pokémon
    5. Still talking to Mathias
    6. The end of Route 1
    7. Willowbrook Town
    8. Talking to a guy in Willowbrook
    9. Standing outside Lloyd's house
    10. Exiting a house in Willowbrook Town
    11. A lady who gives you a potion in Seabreeze Village
    12. Exiting a house in Saphiro Town
    13. Reading the Saphiro Town Gym sign
    14. Talking to Saphiro's Gym Leader, Marina
    15. Fighting Marina
    16. Aurora City signpost
    17. Exiting a building: Aurora City
    18. Inside Epsilon Cave
    19. The gateway to Aurora
    20. Cole visits Maria (will fix text later)

(Please don't ask me why the screens are in two parts. I seriously have no idea and I don't have time to deal with it right now.)

What Can YOU do to help?
    I'm basically looking for people to help me with graphical things, esp. spriting. I will give you fill credit for the sprites you make. As well, someone to edit the world map for me, as I know nothing about that. I do not need any help with making the maps themselves.

AND, as someone has pointed out, I need someone to help me with tiles for mapping. My maps are significantly lame, so if anybody wants to help with tiles... message me. :)

=======================================

Anyway, thanks for putting up with this thread, if you've gotten this far. I'm not going to give any kind of release date, because I honestly have no idea when I'm going to be done. I hope to have a logo, and some support banners, up here soon.

Thanks,
    V.L.

Progress Report
    Mapping
    Maps completed or nearing completion are:

~Seabreeze Village (Including Inside)
    ~Route 1
    ~Willowbrook Town (Including Inside)
    ~Route 2
    ~Route 27 (I know, random. But you'll get it eventually.)
    ~Saphiro Town (Inside buildings NOT completed)
    ~Aurora City (Inside buildings NOT completed)

Scripting
    It's kinda hard to give a progress report on scripting. Let's just say it's going well.

Spriting
    No spriting has been done as of yet. If there is anyone out there who considers themself to be good at spriting and would like to help with this (because I'm a spriting train wreck), please message me ASAP.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • First post? Wow.Anyway the hack looks good. But the little details don't seem to have changed at all, like daisy giving you the map. I expected for you to get items differently as it is a different region. But then again, if it's just you doing this hack, I guess that's pretty good!I like the look of the map so far. It seems like it'll have that johto feel to it. Hope this one goes far!

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • :O I left the map in there? *scurries off to Advance Map to remove the map from the table* She's not supposed to give you the map. Just a mis-map, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for posting. I appreciate all feedback. ;)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Are you your own team at the moment?
    If so, you seem to have gotten pretty good with scripting. :)
    Good luck with this~

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • Wind~ said:
    Are you your own team at the moment?
    If so, you seem to have gotten pretty good with scripting. :)
    Good luck with this~

Yep, I'm all alone. And 'pretty good' is... a stretch. ;)

wildarms001 said:
    the story was good but you need add some new tiles etc GL

Yeah, I know, and I should probably add that under the help section. I honestly have no idea how to add them, so if anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    the story was good but you need add some new tiles etc GL
    He doesn't 'need' to add new tiles. It's fine the way it is. Maybe he doesn't want any new tiles.
    I like it the way it is! ;)
    Just like Liquid Ocean, Semele isn't using different tiles. V.L, you don't HAVE to use new tiles if you don't want too. You can change the palettes if you want? :)
    Good Luck~

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • I know I don't HAVE to. But I think it would add some depth to the game.

Again, thanks everybody for the commentary. I was really not expecting to get any posts in this thread, so it's awesome that you guys posted here.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2013
    but its nice to add some new tiles etc to youre hack to make the hack great and diff like to orig game.. :D GL

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Oh I absolutely love the idea of the hack. And about the graphics, you can leave it to me if you want some tiles inserted. Just pm me about it. Good luck though.

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    This really needs some more tiles inserted. But other than that it looks great

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    is a name you can not use it is kike-scott
    his pokemon opal and coral

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • Seriously, I'll call it whatever I want. Did you not see the disclaimer at the top? Don't waste your breath.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    the screenies aren't bad, they're good, in a simple way. :)
    the story's is really cool and exciting. :)

I wish ye good luck with this hack project! ;)

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • Someone has offered to do some block editing for me, so hopefully we'll get that done soon enough, and you guys can stop complaining about the tiles. :P

*Poliwag*

PollyWaggle
    Years
  • Just want to say good look with your hack, the story is looking really nice and engaging. I know your getting new tiles soon, which would be a help to the hack, but there's no need to go crazy with inserting new tiles as I think the maps are looking good as they are.

Looking forward to seeing more of this hack ;)

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
    Years
  • It's still being worked on. It won't be finished for awhile - I'm not giving any kind of release date for quite some time, so buckle your seatbelts. I might release a beta version sometime in the near future, but even that isn't ready to be released yet. Sorry.

On another note, I'm pitiful with image programs (as you can see by my logo), so if someone could help me make some support banners or something, that would be great. I already made one, but it's not exactly beautiful. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    im kinda new here but i was wondering exactly how do you get this rom, where is the download link for it i mean

Back