• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online (MMORPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2005
    Hey Im starting up an unofficial mmorpg #2 non 3d version. www.letsparty1.com If you guys are interested please stop by and submit some ideas or join our team. You don't need experience or anything. Just like if you have ideas of what it should be like or world city names anything to help. We desperatly need maps with cities and roads and caves in it n such. With out those we can't start makin the game. MapMakers are wanted

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • It's been a while since one of these have popped up. I'd like to help with the mapmaking but I'm, and I'm sure everybody else is, gonna need alot more information. Like how you planning on getting it online, what you're gonna program it with, do you even know how to program an MMORPG for a start.
    The info you provide, the more likely you'll be able to get help.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    All Ive been waiting for the pst 4 years (probably longer) is for someone to start and actually finish one of these, Im happy to see more people putting effort into it and I really hope that you get some of these guys to help you and come out with a finished game

p.s. I can help out with tainer spriting if your looking for help there too just let me know if youre looking for a spriter and Ill send you some work :)

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Theres been probably 5 attempts at a pokemon online I would say just give the name to whoever actually finishes the game :\

KARR

Master Nerd
    Years
  • Actually, let's give the name to the best one whose been around longest: DeltaSuicune's and DeathChill's! A few games will be made using the ENGINE called Pokemon Online...

Call this something else, like TradeNet or something, as long as it actually has Internet capabilities.

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
  • Whoa, dude, hold up. BIIIIIIIG project you're getting yourself into here. believe me, I've tried making a MMORPG, and it ain't easy. It's gonna take months of planning, developing, and possibly longer. Plus don't forget about getting an online server.
    Just don't get your hopes up for finishing it anytime soon.
    But, if you do finish it, I will commend you.

Years
  • people should join pokemon treasures team and start helpin with that game again, i wanna see it happen, but it looks like all of their progress stopped...and its going slow cuz of no help.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • awkwardsilencer said:
    people should join pokemon treasures team and start helpin with that game again, i wanna see it happen, but it looks like all of their progress stopped...and its going slow cuz of no help.
    Do you mind providing a link for the Pokemon Treasures team?

AxCide we are gonna need some more information for this.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • KARR said:
    Actually, let's give the name to the best one whose been around longest: DeltaSuicune's and DeathChill's! A few games will be made using the ENGINE called Pokemon Online...

Call this something else, like TradeNet or something, as long as it actually has Internet capabilities.

Chill and Suicune gave up almost three two years ago >.< because of Nintendo thretning to sue them.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • That's my project, PT. You have to go to the main site (Which is in the fader, not the header) and tell us why you want to join. Blocks spammers.

What the hell...Delta and Chill didn't quit...*text removed* The project previous to theirs was closed.

*text removed*

Last edited:

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
  • mattgcn said:
    That's my project, PT. You have to go to the main site (Which is in the fader, not the header) and tell us why you want to join. Blocks spammers.

What the hell...Delta and Chill didn't quit...they just moved and hid the site to keep annoying spammers and blabbers away. The project previous to theirs was closed.

If you do find their new site, the bandwidth is overloaded and you can't join until the engine is done.

I'm almost certain they did. Then their forums went to PokeRadio.com's who was a good friend. Then the planners had a meeting on IM to stop the project and start a new one that didn't have to do with Pokemon because of Nintendo threatning to sue =/ unless I'm talking about someone else but I'm almost certain these are the same people you are reffering to Althogh if they didn't stop then where is there new site? If they hid it how do you know about it =/.... Although if they didn't quit that would be AWSOME! the game was looking really good.
    Heres a couple I've been looking at:
    https://mantis.desk.pl/PO/
    A 3D Pokemon One...I don't think they'll get far.

There was another who claims that they have 85% of the game done..I can't find the link though

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • My project is affiliated with theirs and uses the engine. Delta is one of my fav MSN contacts.

They were discussing another guy who got it shut down, that's all I can think of x_X

xantor

...:::...
    Years
  • This is going to be hell hard dude. Heaps of scripting also you'd need to have be able to have people storing their pkmn in a PC. Making pokemon etc. ALso you'll have to watch out for Nitendo Law Suits. Well anyway hope it does get completed considering all that.

DeltaSuicune

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    saul said:
    I'm almost certain they did. Then their forums went to PokeRadio.com's who was a good friend. Then the planners had a meeting on IM to stop the project and start a new one that didn't have to do with Pokemon because of Nintendo threatning to sue =/ unless I'm talking about someone else but I'm almost certain these are the same people you are reffering to Althogh if they didn't stop then where is there new site? If they hid it how do you know about it =/.... Although if they didn't quit that would be AWSOME! the game was looking really good.
    Heres a couple I've been looking at:
    https://mantis.desk.pl/PO/
    A 3D Pokemon One...I don't think they'll get far.

There was another who claims that they have 85% of the game done..I can't find the link though

*sigh* Normally I'd ignore topics like this, but since I've come under spam from people on AIM may as well clarify it now..

The PO that got cancelled 3 years ago was the original one Neo Productions was working on that Nintendo sent a letter to requesting they stop. In other words, they were that successful and near completion that Nintendo felt it would provide an actual threat to their market share.

However, with them having stopped, the programmers went their seperate ways, and havn't attempted to recreate it due to legality issues. NeoProd has hence continued to create an online collectible card game and is almost ready to release this. Original, and unaffiliated with pokemon. Nintendo probably forgot about them by now.

Anyway, something that might interest you people:
    Nintendo reveals revolutionary partnership with online gaming giant GameSpy..
    This has thrown the tables upside down on many people, who never thought Nintendo would go online with the DS. Guess what, it may finally happen. And with that comes rumours and dreams of an official pokemon online, Diamond and Pearl perhaps, via wireless, to the web.

Maybe.

~DS

charmandereleonzard#2

Call me Krishnan, Please
    Years
  • Well there are many of these popping out now is'nt it?
    And DeltaSuicune I think Nintendo will change their mind about making DS online since a new device (it is not confirmed as a console) called V-Pocket is coming out and Nintendo might be launching Internet access for V-Pocket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back