• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    How the heck do you start the download dawg !?!
    The game is in production, not completed. Please read at least the first post.

Alpha test starts on the 12 June, all alpha testers have been chosen, so please dont request to be an alpha tester. If you have been selected as an alpha tester, we will PM you and organise a way to get the game to you for testing, if you have not been chosen, dont worry, your name is still down for the next text (alpha or beta).

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    hey id like to do beta if i can.
    please dont ask in the thread, it clogs the whole thing up... please PM me with these requests and please only ask once, I do note these down.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Omigosh, this looks awesome! Its like TPPC, or Pokemon-Crater-esque... only BETTER!

I love that someone is finally trying to do this! x3

I can't wait to see what it turns out like!

statnio

Pokemon Online(Head Moderater)
    Years
    Hey guyz sorry i havent posted in ages ive been really busy working on the game and stuff.
    Battle system is well on the way. Hepas of character sprites done the game is coming along nicely. there have been a heap of user ingame features added. Please dont ask to be a beta tester or when the game is going to be finished. Thank you.

Statnio

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
    Hey guyz sorry i havent posted in ages ive been really busy working on the game and stuff.
    Battle system is well on the way. Hepas of character sprites done the game is coming along nicely. there have been a heap of user ingame features added. Please dont ask to be a beta tester or when the game is going to be finished. Thank you.

Statnio

Wow... how is it that someone like statnio can put what we've been trying to say over the whole thread in one paragraph, and make it sound good??? BTW welcome back statnio

this game looks great i cant wait for a demo
    I wont bother talking about this either, just demos either have limited features or limited space, MMOs suck with either missing.

this game is gonna to b so cool.
    the next thing I'm gonna say is for all people who post the above quote, not hippie_pkm
    Pleeeeease dont post these things, it just gets frustrating wading through all of this to try to find what we're talking about...
    Please, I am not saying we dont need your support, but please put it in a post which is constructive for the topic.

Last edited:

Kurosai

Sandshrew Master
    Years
    Hm...

This sounds promising, and it looks like you've go a semi-proffesional team up. The fact that the leader of the project is a programmer is also a good sign, since programmers usually know what's possible and what isn't and rarely bite off more than they can chew. I really hope this project is succesful and I think I'll apply as a spriter/ideas guy after I finish this post. Before that though, there are some questions I have about the game.

1. Some die-hard fans of the old Pokemon system may be against this, but I really want to see a new battle-system, something that involves more than just select this move and watch it happen. Also, I believe Speed should play a greater role, not just affect turns (ex: should have a little effect on evasion/accuracy). Anyway, my basic question is, what's the battle system going to be like for this game, if you haven't decided yet, say that.

2. Since you're having player housing, will the mailboxes finally server a purpose? XD I'd like to see in-game mailing via pidgeys and such. I mean... the Pokemon games had mail things, but you rarely ever got the chance to use them and even if you did it was fairly pointless. It'd be cool to be able to send off your pidgey to deliver a message to a friend in another city and tell them you're on your way or something and they could send a reply mssage back.

3. Is Sandshrew one of the starters!? If it's not..I'll be really sad. T_T Sandshrew's my favorite along with Mew (but that's obviously not an option) sooo yeah. Just curious. OH! Please tell me you'll fix some of the things that just didn't make sense in the old games, like Sandshrew not having Dig as an ability it can learn naturally. >>

4. Will your game have the system where pokemon become magically uncapturable after they faint or will it go like the anime and finally allow that?

5. Am I annoying you with all these questions?

Hehe, okay I'm done. I hope the answer to #5 is No, but eh. *shrugs* Now I guess I'll apply and send a little sample of my work for the spriting position... although I'm good at ideas as well if you couldn't tell. ;P

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    I think on Page one you guys should put in BOLD and Red Font
    teh things you don't want to hear ^^

Kurosai

Sandshrew Master
    Years
    Angle-san said:
    I think on Page one you guys should put in BOLD and Red Font
    teh things you don't want to hear ^^

I agree completely. It would prevent some of the more annoying posts and it would make you seem less rude, since not everyone in the forum feels like reading through hundreds of posts to find ones where you answer something. An FAQ section below your main post seperated by ------- might help.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    Kurosai said:
    An FAQ section below your main post seperated by ------- might help.
    Hey that's not a bad Idea ya'know ^^

Kurosai

Sandshrew Master
    Years
    Angle-san said:
    Hey that's not a bad Idea ya'know ^^

Thanks, ^^ I think all threads could benefit from an FAQ at the bottom to help stem the constant faqs (as in the questions themselves XP) that keep popping up.

Waudby

Well it is simple enoug. Just dont ask to be testers for no reason, they will ask for some testers if necessary. And also stop asking for a demo. Nuthin is worse than having hundreds of posts asking this!!

-Waudby-

Kurosai

Sandshrew Master
    Years
    Waudby said:
    Well it is simple enoug. Just dont ask to be testers for no reason, they will ask for some testers if necessary. And also stop asking for a demo. Nuthin is worse than having hundreds of posts asking this!!

-Waudby-

Yes, but unfortunately many "noobs" don't know that, and since it's rarely in the first posts (since people assume it's common sense) they usually don't find out until it's too late, at which point the thread-creator gets annoyed/mad. This makes problems for both the creator and the "noob". That's why I suggested an FAQ section as a countermeasure so it never happens in the first place. Also, Waudby, it's highly unlikely any of the ones responsible will ever see your post, since they usually only read (if at all) the first post. ^^;

Waudby

Then maybe they should read the rules. Avatar has clearly stated no asking for demos or beta testers lol. SO u no. Checked out the site. Looking good so far. Have many people donated yet??

-Waudby-

Kurosai

Sandshrew Master
    Years
    Waudby said:
    Then maybe they should read the rules. Avatar has clearly stated no asking for demos or beta testers lol.

Yeah, but again, the troublemakers and "noobs" easilly overlook stuff like that. So a nice big red sign near the top or end of the post (better near the top) stating "DO NOT ASK TO BE AN ALPHA OR BETA TESTER!" would deter them a bit. ;P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back