• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Onyx Version

sherm

The Other Guy
Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Pokemon Crystal Onyx Version

Story So Far:

This game takes place twenty years after the events in Crystal. You are a boy/girl living in the Hiyato Region when your mother tells you to meet Professor Pine at his lab and that he has a surprise for you. When you go there you see three pokeballs on the table and Prof. Pine standing near it. He instantly comes over to you and hands you a Pokedex and asks you to record all the data on the Pokemon in the Hiyato area, in return he will give you a Pokemon. Then he begins to explain how to enter the Pokemon League in the Hiyato region and tells you to get the eight badges from the gyms in Hiyato. To become a top trainer and then he tells you about the newly opened Battle Island and the Master's League and explains how it works. Telling you you must have beaten the Pokemon League and have seen many Pokemon. Then he explains that this league is much harder than you would ever dream. Explaining the trainers there do not use one type of Pokemon but all types and to the best of the ability of the Pokemon. He then goes into explaining the importance of training and hardwork. After that you set off.

Features:

• Battle Island
    • Master's League
    • Restricted Zone
    Starters:

• Totodile
    • Cyndaquil
    • Chikorita
    What is the Master's League?

The Master's League is located on Battle Island off the coast of Hiyato and is the equal to Kanto from Gold and Silver. Once you beat the Elite Four and you have a National Dex you may go there. This is where the best of the best are, There are Seven New Gyms on Battle Island that you must go and defeat. Once you have gotten the seven ribbions from the Master's League you may enter the Restricted Zone which has a number of legendaries and lots of powerful trainers.

What is on Battle Island

Other than the Master's League Battle Island has several things you can do. One is capture other Pokemon not obtainable in Hiyato. This area is similar to the Kanto from Silver and Gold. It also is the place to catch many unobtainable legendaries from other games. The trainers here will easily allow you to hit a high level. It is also a perfect spot to train your new Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    First of all, you posted in the wrong section. Second of all, you should make your story a lot longer before posting it.

No game story starts off with a billion lines.. they develop slowly

And how about changing the starter pokemon, to like zapdos, moltres and articuno, or entai, suicine, and rioku etc.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • No game story starts off with a billion lines.. they develop slowly

And how about changing the starter pokemon, to like zapdos, moltres and articuno, or entai, suicine, and rioku etc.

NO game story!? How many RPG's have you played, anyway?

Starting with legendaries is a horrible idea. Legendaries are hard to level up, yes, but their stats make them so strong that they're too powerful early in the game.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • Wrong. This is obviously just one of those projects that had just been made up out of boredom and have no story at all. RPGs are BASED on their stories. Without them, the game is just a piece of crap.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    True. If you have no reason for the player to contain playing your game, the result is simple: they won't play it.

And besides, in my experience, plot-based games are generally better than games that have little story or coherence.

That said, this idea does in fact seem like something that was just thrown onto the plate with no intention from the developer of following through. Also, if you need that much help for your game, you're in bad shape.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Wrong. This is obviously just one of those projects that had just been made up out of boredom and have no story at all. RPGs are BASED on their stories. Without them, the game is just a piece of crap.

Funny enough - most commercial RPGs have the gameplay elements done before the storyline gets worked on.
    Because a developer could make this amazing storyline and the publisher will say "That doesn't sound like it will fit in our portfolio, we won't be publishing this."
    So a game won't make it to market if there is no publisher to back it.
    That's why a demo of how the gameplay will work is developed by a small team before any money is wasted.

Point being- I don't see why that thinking won't fit for fan games....

Although- this is the Plot and Story Idea Space hahaha!

sherm

The Other Guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    My game is simple that is all.. its not fancy and its not supposed to be Final Fantasy 20

Its a pokemon game and I'm proud of how its coming along...

Yall don't have to approve it for me to make it..

Boredom is a motivator and will actually make this game get done... Its not gonna be perfect or anything but I don't care if its perfect as long as its the best I can do thats really all thats gonna count..

You make a game one step at a time and thats all I am gonna do...

Asking for help on a game isn't wrong.. because most games are made by a team of people... not just one..

Say what you like, but I will make this game good reguardless of your opinions... based of something as silly as the fact that my storyline isn't two hundred lines long and doesn't include anything about gods, alpha, omega, or any of that nonsense...

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • lol lay off guys! ^^
    he'll get around to posting up some more sooner or later (which i hope is soon, cuz ur really kinda under-doing it)!
    hope to see more! ^^

Back