• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon opal revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    But no official release by Nintendo yet? We are almost within a month of the "release" and, well, when Nintendo say they are making Pokémon Opal, only then will i 100% believe that it is true. So many threads that have been talking about the new remake.. could this be the gold at the end of the rainbow?

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    *Sigh* i'm not the most patient person in the world. But, yeah, Coro coro will reveal all! I must say i can't wait for the release if it is real. It might be zoomed off the shelf the second it comes out..
    EDIT: And just imagine what 5th gen will be if it has to top Opal! I don't know how Nintendo can manage it!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The week it comes out. I have to say its pretty rea I will post all three box-arts and show that its real, k?

Ok here it goes
    Pokemon opal revealed!

Pokemon opal revealed!

Pokemon opal revealed!

https://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/pokemonopal_sm.jpg Now you tell me that those have nothing in common and you will here it from me.

Last edited:

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    That is so exceedingly accurate - so it IS NOT an April Fools joke - which means.. sweet. I've looked at them closely as well - they match.. whoa.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Uh-huh. This really is the real thing. I am to god damn excited. But if its not I am going to make nintendo hurt badly. Real badly. I also always wanted 3D fights on the portabl ones. As well as voice recognition. I can see myself on the bus screaming use hyper beam and everyone looking at me. Or going to the battle nation. I am saying as if its real cause I know its real. And they even say: the date is not a good one for this to be revealed. No one as an april fools joke would say its a date to make you uneasy. It would give the joke away like that.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    If it is an April Fools joke, i will SCREAM. And yes, that would be so funny, sitting there on the bus shouting stuff like "don't faint, damnit!" People would get off at the next stop XD.

And 3D battling, WOW. It'll be a massive step up from Diamond and Pearl!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I am to excited. Also I wonder how the birds come into play? And how will battle nation fit on the island. The last one I wil answer after you post, k?

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Rumour has it there will be a Jhoto - Sinnoh crossover. It just makes it more exciting! And the fact there is a better storyline - D&P ended quite.. abruptly, and all was left was the dex and the legendaries. Now you can catch Dialga AND Palkia. Still, i will be SO dissapointed if its a complete lie.. which i just can't see it beeing one anymore.

Patchy

-
    Years
    Lol, whoever made that didn't realize that Nintendo always put titles at the top of a box. :P

And a game NEVER comes out in Europe a few days after the U.S. EVER.

I have to admit, I DID believe that, I even copied the link to tell other people about it, haha.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Theres a reason for that, Skarmory. You see Giratina's right wing? It would go underneath the title, and as you can see Dialga and Palkia are 100% visible.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
    It's fake, if it was real
    -Major sites like PPN, Serebii would of said somthin
    -Nintendo would of said something
    -Why is the cover in english?
    -Why is that just the anime Girantina
    -Why has corco said nothing

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    We WILL KNOW if its not fake in a week or so. The Coro coro magazine wil say something soon. I'm sure its not fake. I'm sure.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ι know how the battle nation would fit in. You either make alternate extanded route parts from route 225 or 227. I know it. And we are the ony smart ones tolberone to acually believe this huh?

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    The group think is rather funny to see in this thread! Seriously!!

The story was published a month ago, on the fraking 1st of April. There is NO other site covering the story, and you guys all think its OMG REAL.

Step back and look again. Please.

Toblerone

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yes, i believe we are. Theres no reason NOT to believe it, but just because Serebii and PPN haven't said anything suddenly it's "fake". And that is very probable your theory about the expanded route parts, then the battle nation would fit. What is there NOT to believe about Pokémon Opal?
    EDIT: Mo Man, we believe it's not fake, and just because no other websites have any stories about it you think it's fake.. and the April 1st thing.. we are saying that it is coincidence.
    EDIT (again): I gotta go, c ya'll later!

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Exactly I mean tanooki had info on rosalina in mario kart wii 2 weeks before it was unlocked for the first time in it. It is acually pretty believable more and more. There is also tis forum with some user called mysterious surfer girl or something like that. She creates these out of the world rumors and 90% of the time they are real. I find her forum and her saying something like this make what coro-coro says just a confirmness of this article. Nuff said.

When i said nuff said I didnt mean for people to stop posting.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I'll have to say I did believe this, and thought about April 1st, but since it was posted today, I had a hope until someone mentioned it and I saw again. Anyway, I've heard people saying www.pokemonopal.com had been reserved and stuff like that. The box is also the most impressive thing I've seen if it's a fake. Of course, I can believe some things are way too exaggerated, like Lugia and Ho-oh, 3D Battles (though I got really excited when I saw it) and voice recognition. Still, if this turns out to be real, Nintendo will have made the best job with a third Pokémon game. Personally, I'm in doubt now. I would close the thread normally, but this has some interestng discussion I could leave open.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    I have arrived with a +5 sword of stinging truth!

I am sorry to say to the two of you in here fighting for the validity of this release, but I have come to the conclusion there is no way this release is factual. In fact, I did so by using the very box art pics you said were so similar. To begin with I noticed that the "The Pokemon Company" logo looked a little fishy on the Opal box, so I opened up some comparison tools and the logos when blown up a bit look nothing alike. To begin with the actual logo is quite a bit larger, but that isn't even the most important thing. If you look closely the accent on the e on the Opal box points upwards, whereas the actual logos accent has a slight curve towards the horizontal. I highly doubt they would change the logo, ESPECIALLY if they were created at the same time.

Secondly I checked the "Game experience may change during online play." This is standard and the same on all DS boxes. This one you can see better if you don't blow it up. The C on Change is closer to a slightly curved [ which is true for the Diamond box. However on Opal it is a perfect curve just like C. Same story with the G on Game. In other words, they were written in DIFFERENT texts, not the standard.

Finally I would like to point out that all of the letters that spell OPAL are also in diamOnd and PeArL and appear to me to be copy and pasted from these boxes, the Os glow altered, slightly rotated and put back together.

In other words, a well put together fake. But a fake nonetheless, unless someone can point out a good reason why the fonts would be changed on stuff where it shouldn't be.

Furthermore, the third game will be called Topaz. Duh! :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back