• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon opal revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    That was a joke, and apparently you missed the rest of the explanation.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Lol Topaz.

Adrian, I have something to say. Thanks for your investigations, but, if you notice, the images have different quality. I think the Diamond one is a bit more blurry. That means, the C can look more like [, and some other differences you pointed out. If you think well, someone who wants to make a fake box would start by COPYING the logo from another source. In that way, someone wouldn't waste time making the logo again by his own hands, meaning the logo can't be different. I don't see it different at sight, at least, which can prove it's a difference between resolutions.

I don't want you to have wasted time. Just expressing why I think it's not correct to check legitimacy this way.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Acually the accent is correct. And now this will be locked thnx to you.
    Oh thnk god I sawshiny and I freaked.

Heh, you obviously can't handle contary opinions! I guess the best way to sort this, is the wait until July. Personally, I think this story is a hoax, but there will definetely be a new game sometime in the future.

And I'll eat my hat if I'm wrong. :)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Acually the accent is correct. And now this will be locked thnx to you.
    Oh thnk god I sawshiny and I freaked.
    A thread won't get closed because a staff member is seeing it.

Anyway, since this topic has brought a big discussion and has good points, it'd need good proof to get closed. And you don't need to blame him. He was helping the topic, right? And if he was or is right, this deserves to be closed so there is nothing to complain about.

Years
    it says catch them and over 480 pokemon
    maybe u can finaly get arceus and shaymin and darkrai without an event!
    who knows!
    but like.. how can i trade with myself.. i donly have one ds
    OH MY NEIGHBOUR HAS ONE
    YEA

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    And also another reason if you all say it's real why hasn't Nintendo at least hinted this game this or last month and I don't think they copyrighted Opal as a name yet in my knowledge of Pokemon.

Yes, they did copyright the name.
    But this is a fake, or I woulda heard of it by now.
    Let me analyze the claims:
    The Tanooki said:
    Deeper storyline surrounding Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina; potential to capture all three.
    Well, we all pretty much saw this coming. A retarded slug could have thought of that.

New Battle Nation area expands the Battle Tower offerings of Diamond & Pearl.
    *cough Battle Frontier cough*

Pokémon are now in 3D during battles, in the Pokédex, and on the GTS.
    Again, the retarded slug analogy.

Optional voice commands for attacking in battle.
    Retarded slug.

Lugia and Ho-Oh finally obtainable without a Nintendo event.
    Retarded... Slug.

Minor shuffling of trainer and building locations expected.
    RSlug.

A few surprise cameos.
    RS

So as you can see from my (somewhat mean) analysis, it's a fake.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    I actually do kinda like Topaz... Better than Opal in my opinion, not the point though.

I will give you that the picture of Opal has a worse resolution (and is smaller to boot.) However the e in pokemon is still highly odd to me as no change in clarity could make THAT much of a difference.

However, the argument can be taken off of the box art. The things that are promised to you have some minor flaws.

Everything is all fine and dandy until the stuff about 3D. While, I agree that this would be amazing, I hate to break it to you that this is improbable, at least, improbable in the way it is promised. While the same pseudo-3D you see in Diamond and Pearl is a possibility, the DS could not handle 3D battles. The problem with this claim, is that hardware-wise the N64 and the DS are about equals. Yes, I know Stadium and Stadium 2 were out on the N64, however if you remember correctly, the battles and sprites took up so much that they were unable to offer much besides the battles. While I will admit this isn't totally impossible, the likelihood of this is slim to none, especially seeing as how the other promises all lengthen parts of the game outside of battles.

Optional voice commands, if they put these into the game you are looking at even more space being taken up. An extreme amount if there is a different command for every attack.

While I can't outright tell you this is a hoax. I can tell you that if this is true, it is unlikely to live up to exactly what you are expecting.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Either they've updated it so we can finally see it, or it's just a fake... But either way, there will be always a third game for the DS, right? Plus I can't wait it to be realeased...

Years
    Ok Wow, I've never had such harsh feelings for other Pokémon fans before, but this just tops the cake.

I'll probably get yelled at for saying this, but are you all effing retarded??

It's an April Fool's joke. Nothing like this was ever announced by Nintendo, and almost every site that I've seen this hoax on (no, you're not the first to bring it up) has had a good laugh, then disregarded it as the April Fool's Joke that it is.

Why do you think that Tanooki is the only site to have said anything about this crap-tastic version of Pokémon??

It's supposed to be the third in a series, like Blue was to Red and Green, Crystal to Gold and Silver, and Emerald to Ruby and Sapphire.

We'll get a third game, that's already been confirmed, Coro Coro's releasing information on it soon, but this crap ISN'T it.

Nintendo doesn't release games world-wide on the same date.
    We'd see it released in Japan, give it a few months, then in America, few more months, in Europe.

The battle sprites WILL REMAIN SPRITES.
    They wouldn't make a random change to 3-D Pokémon in battles; it's too dramatic of a change from the source games. If anything, we'll get the Pokémon in different poses.

Voice command? I could see Nintendo doing somethin stupid like this, but, just like the 3-D battles, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't add something totally un-needed like this in.

A "Battle Frontier" type of situation may show up, but I'm betting that it'd just be an expanded version of the island to the NorthEast of the map that we already have.

To top all of that off, about the mock-up of the game's box... (how well this fits my first question at the beginning)...

Did nobody find it strange AT ALL that we see the English boxart first???

Did nobody realize that they release information of the Japanese stuff (boxart, release dates, etc) first?

We never see the English version first, we'll always see the Japanese box, then later on the box of the English version.

Therefore, this is one great big April Fool's Joke, and it's just extremely discouraging to see that fellow fans of Pokémon are really dumb enough to be tricked for a full MONTH after the source material was posted.

Aside from all of that, why the hell didn't the date of April 1st tip everything off to you?!

*sits back and waits for the flying insults and statements of "IT IS TOO REAL!!"*

Years
    im not gonna insult u
    i agree
    but i just have this idea in my mind
    OHH I WANT A NEW GAME BELIEVE THIS ITE
    but yea... i dont really do

Years
    No, what's going on is that you people want a new game so bad that the first "official announcement" that you're blinding yourselves. Even though it's on April Fool's day and isn't being covered anymore at all, nor is it being covered by the sites that ALWAYS have their information (Serebii.net), you say that it's "a coincidence".

No, just, no.

darkace

super dark elite kid
    Years
    A few months ago i saw the cover, a friend(can't tell his resources or else) said he saw it and he took a picture of it and showed me but it was in japaniese. They probably already made the game they basically added a few things and mixed the game together. It is not a trick.

Years
    A few months ago i saw the cover, a friend(can't tell his resources or else) said he saw it and he took a picture of it and showed me but it was in japaniese. They probably already made the game they basically added a few things and mixed the game together. It is not a trick.

Yyyeah, you do know that pulling the "My friend has resources on the inside but we can't tell who it is" card gets you an official ass-hat stamp, right??

There's nothing real about this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back