• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    Can I just clear something up - are we battling with no restrictions so our pokemon are at the level cap or normal battle so theyre all set to 50?

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    Can I just clear something up - are we battling with no restrictions so our pokemon are at the level cap or normal battle so theyre all set to 50?

I've only battled twice but they were both no-restriction battles. We can change it though, depending how we all feel.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Good point - I didn't know that was something in the settings. I think I asked before but wasn't sure how it worked. If you'd like a rematch then I understand.

Swithdas

Years
    Good point - I didn't know that was something in the settings. I think I asked before but wasn't sure how it worked. If you'd like a rematch then I understand.

Sweet battle man! Good opening play with your Linoone! Looking forward to the next battle!

Alright so that takes me up to 5 wins from 5, Feeling good ^^

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Greenie - that is a rather unexpected Shroom you have there ;) great battle - I thought your combusken/Taillow would sweep me for sure!

And Rez/Coffee - thanks! My linoone is proving to be my most useful battler at the moment. Not sure if you knew for these games, but TMs don't break after you use them anymore :) if your grovyle knew Rock Tomb then I think things would have been a lot different!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I've only battled twice but they were both no-restriction battles. We can change it though, depending how we all feel.
    I think a few of my battles were at level 50, but I just assumed that it's still more or less the same as if we battled at level 20, so I didn't really care.

Just to also mention, I'm still paused after acquiring the first badge. My main pokemon team is still level 20, I haven't even walked into the second gym yet. I've just been messing around trying to find the perfect Nincada, and playing all the various mini games.

I do think you're right though, maybe the dead line should be shortened to 3 days. I originally suggested a week, because I wasn't sure how much time I could work the game into my work week plus the other various activities that take up my time. Though it seems to be a lot faster than I thought.

Swithdas

Years
    I think 3 days is fair but after signups are closed, if everyone agrees and is up to the same part before the 3 days then we could possibly move on? Only if every member involved is at the same cap of course! If not there's plenty of Pokemon to be caught :)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Greenie - that is a rather unexpected Shroom you have there ;) great battle - I thought your combusken/Taillow would sweep me for sure!

And Rez/Coffee - thanks! My linoone is proving to be my most useful battler at the moment. Not sure if you knew for these games, but TMs don't break after you use them anymore :) if your grovyle knew Rock Tomb then I think things would have been a lot different!

Not sure if you're still on anymore, but if you wanted to fight again with the level cap at 20 instead of 50, let me know. I'm still free until 1.
    Oh! I totally had unbreakable tm's when I played "White", but it's been so long that I seriously did forget! Whoa... that just made me realize I can probably build my future team totally different. ...lol.
    I might add Rock Tomb to Beezley's move pool once we move on to the second badge, I don't want to suddenly change it now since it might add an unfair advantage to make the challenge different for the others that I haven't battled yet. Still, advice duly noted! :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I think we should do 4 days. I know, one day shouldn't make much of a difference, but if someone has a particularly busy work week than the 3 day deadline will become a burden. I think 4 days is a nice compromise.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    While I have no problems with the new number of days deadline, I might have trouble battling anyone during the weekdays. :/

Anyway, I'm about to challenge Roxanne. After that, I'll be leveling my team to level 20 and then challenge anyone who's available. :3

edit: My current team is Grovyle (Tiki), Poochyena (Star) and Beautifly (Noodle (don't ask)).

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Alright so are most people at the second badge now? Or right after it?
    Still level 20 with only one badge. I really want to fight everyone before moving on.

So if we try to shorten the deadline to four days, maybe we should organize it so that the playing days to meet the deadline are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, with Thursday being the deadline. Then we should use Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as the days for battling one another.
    I feel like we can all play the game comfortably in our free time during the four week days, but since a bunch of us are too busy to fight one another during the main week days, we could probably better organize to meet and battle online during the weekend days starting with Friday.
    What do you all think?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I'm happy with that proposal but there are areas of the game with tiny amounts of gameplay between badges (e.g. Roxane-Brawly and Flannery-Norman) which take so much less time than four days to go between. Maybe we could be more specific for each section of the game and have a literal list of dates to work to that matches the flow of the game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Jim, it looks like everyone besides danica and jagold are at 1 badge with level 20 pokemon currently.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    Still level 20 with only one badge. I really want to fight everyone before moving on.

So if we try to shorten the deadline to four days, maybe we should organize it so that the playing days to meet the deadline are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, with Thursday being the deadline. Then we should use Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as the days for battling one another.
    I feel like we can all play the game comfortably in our free time during the four week days, but since a bunch of us are too busy to fight one another during the main week days, we could probably better organize to meet and battle online during the weekend days starting with Friday.
    What do you all think?

I think this is a really good idea. It's still about a week until we can move on to the next badge, but it feels more organized using days of the weeks rather than actual dates.

I'm happy with that proposal but there are areas of the game with tiny amounts of gameplay between badges (e.g. Roxane-Brawly and Flannery-Norman) which take so much less time than four days to go between. Maybe we could be more specific for each section of the game and have a literal list of dates to work to that matches the flow of the game?

This is also true. Why don't we say four days default, and then we can use game guides such as this one to determine the next deadline before we begin. Would that work for everyone?

I'm at the badge but if you're free for a battle, Jim, then I'm available :)

So sorry I never saw this :( I'm available all of tonight. I'll keep my web-browser open so I stay online; if you don't see me online on the 3DS, shoot me a message on here!

Back