• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origins vs Pokemon Generations

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Of the two, which do you feel is the better end of the deal and why? Pokemon Generations or Pokemon Origins? Ie: which spinoff do/did you like better?

Years
  • Pokemon Origins - went into more detail, give Red a personality and face.... that's pretty much the only reason.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't really care for either of them. However, Origins is by far the better saga. Not only does Red actually talk and what not, but the battles and animation are better. Even the art style is better for the most part.

Generations hasn't even aired in Japan. So I am goign to assume Generations is animated by an English Company.

Generations is too short. You have all episodes averaging at about 4 minutes, give or take a minute, so that makes the total time around 72 minutes and with Origins, we have about 20 to 30 minutes more total time. And the Generation episodes are not that great. Some are badass, but most are just lack luster. Even though Origins had a lot of time skipping, it was still superior. far superior.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • I'd have to say Origins. Generations is neat for the 4-5 minutes that I watch it but then I immediately just kind of.. forget about it. Origins left more of an impression on me probably because it has an actual fully fleshed out plot and partially because of nostalgia goggles.

Back