• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Outlaw Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    Awesome hack!
    I like what you've made the battle system look like.
    I was wondering if I could possibly be an idealist for your hack.
    I have lots of ideas like giving pikachu a chainsaw and making him delightfully vicious
    If you don't want to make me an idealist that's okay but I would like to contribute to this epic hack.
    Maybe you could make the sky an accesible area or you could make a giant pokemons back an accesible area.
    I also have lots of ideas for "fakemons" except I'm not a very good sprite and might make them look horrible and corny, but with the help of a pen I could make a draft of a "fakemon"
    I can also draw a picture of pikachu with a chainsaw and make him look delightfully vicious.
    Anyway nice job so far and I hope you succeed in making this an epic game!

Jcat4

Awesome Person
    Years
  • Nice

Real good job man, and i assume this is with game maker or rpg maker. If so, is it like a loota scripting in stuff or is it a little bit easier?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Awesome hack!

I can also draw a picture of pikachu with a chainsaw and make him look delightfully vicious.
    Firstly, it's not a hack; it's a standalone game. And secondly, you have a really strange mind...
    Real good job man, and i assume this is with game maker or rpg maker. If so, is it like a loota scripting in stuff or is it a little bit easier?
    It's made in RPG Maker XP. I'll let OG answer about the scripting.

Anyway, that's a stunning update; I can't say I was expecting that. I'm glad people are moving away from the look of the starter kit. Also, I'm curious; the reason the battle system works well in Protectors is because he's using a mouse system. Are you planning to implement something similar?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to clarify that despite helping him with scripts, such as the transparent Pokédex window, I didn't know anything about this.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • . Also, I'm curious; the reason the battle system works well in Protectors is because he's using a mouse system. Are you planning to implement something similar?

Yeah it looks VERY similar in layout doesn't it. Same kind of window style with commands then under that windowed area.

Anyway. It looks good. But your update style is annoying, I have to right click and say view image to see it right- the image is covered in red from the CSS.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • How is this game going, Omegagroudon? I was a little bit busy recently so sorry I couldn't check out your thread more often. I think it's the right time for you to think about moving this thread to the game showcase forum since it's already good enough. The new and creative battle system would attract more and more people to keep an eye on your game.

Btw, I'd still love to learn something from you about scripting. The title screen with a video clip displaying before the menu screen still looks awesome for me. I'd also like to know how to make the D/P select pokemon screen. Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. I'd always stand behing your game as a supporter. Notice me if you have a banner so I can include it in my signature. Have a good day and happy new year!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    So jealous T________T
    i love it!!! i wish i could do that :3
    very nice cant wait for more!
    Oh. Thanks a lot.

The look of the new battle system Is surely a great improvement...This is truly inspiring. I want to try my hand at a complex script now, but honestly the new system looks really well done. I hope to see more like this in the future Omega. Keep up the excellent work.
    I'm really can't wait to see you have new feature in Carbon.

It's RMXP. Uhm... Basically, RMXP already been programmed, you'll need to understand the event command. Scripting is really not neccesary for RMXP.
    Never tried Game Maker before, so can't make sure how it been programmed.

Firstly, it's not a hack; it's a standalone game. And secondly, you have a really strange mind...

It's made in RPG Maker XP. I'll let OG answer about the scripting.

Anyway, that's a stunning update; I can't say I was expecting that. I'm glad people are moving away from the look of the starter kit. Also, I'm curious; the reason the battle system works well in Protectors is because he's using a mouse system. Are you planning to implement something similar?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd like to clarify that despite helping him with scripts, such as the transparent Pokédex window, I didn't know anything about this.
    Oh, glad to hear from you.
    I just want to try something complex myself instead of always ask for your help.
    But I really need to thanks you for always helping me in scripting. XD

Yeah it looks VERY similar in layout doesn't it. Same kind of window style with commands then under that windowed area.

Anyway. It looks good. But your update style is annoying, I have to right click and say view image to see it right- the image is covered in red from the CSS.
    Ah. I'm glad you don't mind. Inspiration from you. XD
    Well, I've fixed the CSS layout bugs. So it should worked now.

Like the screenshots keep up to god work.
    Thanks again.

Nice stuff OG, I'm very curious about the new battle style...
    Thanks again. Hopefully a video coming soon.

It's kinda like D/P/P but without trainers and you get a sideview of the battle
    Yep, something like that, but, there is Trainer Battle but not battling with a human. Uhmm... secret*.

How is this game going, Omegagroudon? I was a little bit busy recently so sorry I couldn't check out your thread more often. I think it's the right time for you to think about moving this thread to the game showcase forum since it's already good enough. The new and creative battle system would attract more and more people to keep an eye on your game.

Btw, I'd still love to learn something from you about scripting. The title screen with a video clip displaying before the menu screen still looks awesome for me. I'd also like to know how to make the D/P select pokemon screen. Please contact me if you are interested in helping me out. I'd always stand behing your game as a supporter. Notice me if you have a banner so I can include it in my signature. Have a good day and happy new year!
    Thanks really. But I already stated that the game will move to Game Showcase untill Pokemon Raptor is release.
    For the titlescreen script, it's really hard to explain through here.
    Hopefully we can meet in MSN.
    THERE is a banner in the first page, made by Tropical Sunlight.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Oops. It goes to the next page after my update. Sure there will be lots of people missed the screenshot.
    I'll quote it here.

XD
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Finally, time to update and show off some screenshot.
    Now, I'm revamping everything.
    Why?
    That's because I've decided to change the resolution bigger.
    A resolution like Pokemon Protector. ( Thanks for giving me inspiration. )
    Yeah, 320x240 ( Slightly bigger than NDS resolution. )
    So what's the update? Just watch the screen.
    Pokemon Outlaw Hunter

Yay~ A new Battle screenshot.
    ( Got the idea from Pokemon Protector. )
    Guys, tell me what you all think? I need comment and suggestion.
    Thanks in advance~

Do not steal idea or graphics from the game.
    They are belonged to Outlaw Hunter.

Btw, I'll modifying all script to make them compatible to the screen resolution.
    Screenshot coming soon~

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • I don't think any suggestions are necessary...It looks very well done. Very nice job. Hope to see more great things like this!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Thanks really. But I already stated that the game will move to Game Showcase untill Pokemon Raptor is release.
    For the titlescreen script, it's really hard to explain through here.
    Hopefully we can meet in MSN.
    THERE is a banner in the first page, made by Tropical Sunlight.

There's a banner already? Cool I will have it in my signature. I wish I could meet you on MSN as well so I could learn some scripting skills from you. However, you don't appear to be on-line when I log into my account. Anyway, thanks for your acceptance to help me and I'd like to see when I'm able to see you on MSN. Have a nice day!

Snyser

Champion
    Years
  • i want to learn scripting from you to you should make a tut
    PS:does sreens are insane great!! i never saw a battle system like that before
    it could be the next generation hack!! can i add you to my msn

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Just kepping the thread from going to the next page...

OmegaGroudon, are you going to have a base/town in this game?
    Because, I have a lot of ideas. PM me if you're interested.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2009
    You have mentioned a couple of times that this is just a side game 'till Raptor is reallesed(excuse my spelling)
    Does that mean you will stop working on this one once Raptor is finished or stop for a while and then come back?

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Everything looks great, OG :3 Love Outlaw Hunter so far, and I really like the battle system thing you've got.

Anywho, I made a quick Userbar. Use it if you like it xp~

Pokemon Outlaw Hunter

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Guys. Really bad news here.
    I've lost everything after reformatting my comp without making a backup for Outlaw Hunter.
    Which means, I'm no longer be able to work on OH anymore.
    Outlaw Hunter will stopped for some momment.
    ( I'm tired of making game and restart everythin. )

The lucky thing was, I can get the backup of Raptor from my beta tester or Co-Founder but not for this one.

Hope you guys understand.
    Thanks in advance.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
    Years
  • I'm sad to hear about that Omega...Next time send me a copy of OH as well and I'll put it on my Removable HD too. If I can help recover OH in any way just PM me though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back