• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Outlaw

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I downloaded the game but my my boy won't recognize it help

I want to help but you've got to be more specific. By "downloading the game" did you mean that you downloaded the patch(the .ups file)? Did you patch the file to the fire red rom?
By not recognizing it, do you mean that it does it not appear as one of "load game" options for MyBoy? That could happen for a few reasons. Perhaps the hack is in the wrong folder(different folder from where your game is). Or if you didn't patch the game yet, MyBoy only loads .gba files(roms); it wouldn't be able to detect a .ups file.
If you did patch the game perhaps, you're just didn't see it. I recommend renaming the .gba file after patching it to make finding it easier(and not confusing it with original FireRed.).

Hopefully something there helped. If it didn't, please elaborate on your issue. I'm sure we can find a solution.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
i patchedit and it says unreconized gba file

im trying to do this all on a s3 and a tablet but it wont work on either my s3 or my tablet if u can email me the game patched and all id be grateful

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I need help, since i am noob xD. I am not able to patch and I play on mobile! So is there any way you can help me I really wanna play lol!

Thanks

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
And also did you freaking know there is a fanfiction about this game. PEOPLE LOVE YOUR GAME. I can pm link if you want

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I need help, since i am noob xD. I am not able to patch and I play on mobile! So is there any way you can help me I really wanna play lol!

Thanks

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151
Here's a basic guide to patching. Please let me know if it's helpful or not.

And also did you freaking know there is a fanfiction about this game. PEOPLE LOVE YOUR GAME. I can pm link if you want

I've read the fanfic and I've watched the let's plays. I am stunned that something I've done has influenced hundreds(if not thousands) of people. It's friggin awesome.

Great hack ^^ I'm loving it! It's so much fun! Btw ... are u planning to do another hack?
I am. It'll be different from this one. I'm not sure if it'll be as good, but we'll see.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Thanks for the hack! Just one bug that I found... for some reason in Diglett's cave the exit near Pewter City disappeared. Because of this I couldn't go back to get flash for rock tunnel which was a bit unfortunate. Getting a Totodile at the beginning was great, and the scripts were hilarious! I must say the end of the game really spiked in difficulty... would be nice if there were some more trainers on victory road. Overall it was a pretty good game I'll give it a 8.5/10. Final lineup was:
Arcanine
Pikachu
Dragonite
Feraligatr
Alakazam
Primeape

Thanks again!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Remember, clean just means that it hasn't been used/edited before.
Patching is a fairly simple process. There's a thread that shows you the basics of patching. Right
But you shouldn't need that, With multipatch, it should be straight forward. Just remember that this is a .ups patch.

thanks for the help! I think the problem is with my computer though since no matter what software I use it will not let me select the gba file to patch the ups to.

edit: the problem actually just seems to be that my computer will not let me patch a ups file, since it just patched an ips without any problems... I think my computer just hates me XD

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Thanks for the hack! Just one bug that I found... for some reason in Diglett's cave the exit near Pewter City disappeared. Because of this I couldn't go back to get flash for rock tunnel which was a bit unfortunate. Getting a Totodile at the beginning was great, and the scripts were hilarious! I must say the end of the game really spiked in difficulty... would be nice if there were some more trainers on victory road. Overall it was a pretty good game I'll give it a 8.5/10. Final lineup was:
Arcanine
Pikachu
Dragonite
Feraligatr
Alakazam
Primeape

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for playing. Making diglett cave one way was intentional. I wanted make people stumble through the rock tunnel, lol.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 14, 2015
Thanks so much for playing. Making diglett cave one way was intentional. I wanted make people stumble through the rock tunnel, lol.

Be meh sensei Crizzle-sama.Teach me the ways of rom hacking to this dumb fuxk.I wanna make an rom hack desu~ but unfortunately i don't know jack shitz.Help me onegaishimaas to become the best their ever was.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Be meh sensei Crizzle-sama.Teach me the ways of rom hacking to this dumb fuxk.I wanna make an rom hack desu~ but unfortunately i don't know jack ****z.Help me onegaishimaas to become the best their ever was.

Lol.
I'm sorry, friend. A true master takes no students.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
This is a glorified bump post but I do have something of substance to say.
I am currently working on a new hack, this time it'll be a Pokemon Emerald hack. I intend for it to besuper awesome.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
I have a question. Are there only seven badges in this game cuz I've just beat Blaine and I don't see anything else to do other than go fight the Elite Four and awesome hack btw had fun playing it.

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Kill my bad I forgot there was an 8th gym in Viridian City haven't played FireRed in a while and Crizzle when is your next hack coming out? Is it going to be soon, just curious cuz u did well on Pokemon Outlaw.

Back