• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Oxidized Gold

superdude001

Stargazer
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Pokemon: Oxidized Gold!

Pokemon Oxidized Gold

Current Version: 1.9.6​

*Dev Note: This project has been taken down.*

The story:
    You come from a family of Pokemon Divers; a prestigious career only attainable by the best trainers. Orphaned as a baby and raised by Dive Corp. staff, you're given the opportunity to bypass the Dive Corporation exam requirements. But when something goes terribly wrong on the entrance exam, you're forced to retry through the traditional route - by completing the Pokemon League challenge. Along the way, you'll meet unique rivals and uncover an ancient, catastrophic event that now looms over the region a second time. Your adventure will take you not only to the depths of the ocean but further beyond than you could have ever imagined.

Explore the region of Hireath, as your story will take you between the past and present in order to put a stop to an impending disaster. Inspired by the layout of Pokemon Emerald, the pacing of Pokemon Red/Blue, and the battle system of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, this fan game runs anywhere between 40-60 hours of playtime depending on your level of exploration and side questing. Being the only way I personally play Pokemon games now, the game was designed with a Nuzlocke playthrough in mind. There are some very difficult boss battles, but the tools have been provided for anyone who desires to take on the game in the form of a Nuzlocke.

The Region of Hireath:
    Spoiler:

Overworld Maps & Gameplay Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

The Features:
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Closing Remarks:
    I hope you give my fan game a try! I spent many, many hours working on this over the last three years, really trying my hardest to craft a memorable story and world. I'd be honored to hear your feedback and stories. I don't lurk much on the Pokecommunity forums, but I do have a Discord channel I've created for my game if you're interested in hanging around.

Discord: Removed

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Last edited:

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    8 badges and the E4. It's a fully completed game :)

Other info you may also be interested in can be found under The Features spoiler tag. Thank you for taking an interest!

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi so I am kind of stuck so I did the event of crestwood cove but what do I need do now how I can continue the story a space corp grunt just stand there when i talk to him he said he have a reason to fight me but he did not fight so I am kind off confused and great game by the way.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi so I am kind of stuck so I did the event of crestwood cove but what do I need do now how I can continue the story a space corp grunt just stand there when i talk to him he said he have a reason to fight me but he did not fight so I am kind off confused and great game by the way.

Thank you for the compliment! :D

Not in front of my computer right now so I'm going off memory, but it sounds like you're at the point where you need to either beat Gym 5 in Fallautumn Town or you need to venture around the region and find the remaining Relics. Hints to the location of the Relics can be found in your Quest Journal that can be located on the menu. Once you have all the Relics, you find a way into the Highaway Tower - the structure atop the big mountain in the middle of the ocean.

Hope this gives you some guidance!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I would love to give aHC nuzlocke a try but is there any documentation for level caps and dex changes?

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I would love to give aHC nuzlocke a try but is there any documentation for level caps and dex changes?

Hey there! I currently have an Encounter list and Trainer list on my Discord (link found in original post above). I could add the PBS file up there for the Pokédex as well for those interested, that's a great idea. I'll upload that to my Discord once I return from my appointment this evening.

Thank you for being interested!

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    what you do after the space corp hq event?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Space Corp. event in Blood Gultch Outpost No. 2; from there, you should have all 8 badges so you can then head to Enamour City in the present and take the train to the Pokémon League :)

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank for the help I have one more question sorry but what quest I need to do to see Regiald.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Thank for the help I have one more question sorry but what quest I need to do to see Regiald.

It's all good :) You seek out Reginald at his house in Foothold Steppe. But after learning he's not there, head to the caves in the Abandoned Quadrant and seek him out in there.

SolarDawn

LunarDusk
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi so I went to the cave in Abandoned Quadrant but he not there am I doing something wrong.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    does anyone know where i can acquire a water stone? really dont wanna be sitting with a poliwhirl for much longer :/

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi so I went to the cave in Abandoned Quadrant but he not there am I doing something wrong.

What's the name of the Quest you're on? Maybe I am misremembering the order of it. If you tell me the Quest name I can refer to my internal docs on the order of it.

Back