• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Oxidized Gold

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    one thing i forgot about with the game tho: where are the save files located? i checked the saved games folder on my pc and there wasnt a folder in there, and it wasnt in appdata either so im kinda stumped

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Hi! I finished the game and I absolutely loved it! It might even be the best pokémon game I've ever played!
    I do have some questions though...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Found a bug

In the Pokemart in the first city there is apiece of paper on the counter. It asks you to fill in a questionare, which your character does. The dude living behind the counter says something about me starting to recieve mystery gifts, and then I get an error message. This is a transcript of the error message:

Script 'Interpreter' line 189: RuntimeError occured.

Script error in event 3 (coords 1,4), map 123 (Mountain Village Poke Mart):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method 'mysterygiftaccess=' for #<Player Pokemon Trainer Aurora @party=[CLAMPERL_GEN2, :DRIFLOON]>

***Full script:
    $Trainer.mysterygiftaccess=true

Backtrace:
    (eval):1:in 'execute_script'
    033:Interpreter:137:in 'eval'
    033:Interpreter:137:in 'execute_script'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in 'command_355'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in 'execute_command'
    033:Interpreter:127:in 'block in update'
    033:Interpreter:87:in 'loop
    033:Interpreter:87:in'

And when I click on OK the game crashes.

As an aside, the only reason I bothered to transcribe this was because I am really annoyed at having lost the progress I did lose and have been using this to vent. You might want to make it possible to copy paste this if at all possible.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    one thing i forgot about with the game tho: where are the save files located? i checked the saved games folder on my pc and there wasnt a folder in there, and it wasnt in appdata either so im kinda stumped

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Pokemon Essentials v19.1 should be where the save file is located.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi! I finished the game and I absolutely loved it! It might even be the best pokémon game I've ever played!
    I do have some questions though...

Spoiler:

I'm so glad you enjoyed the game so much!! Comments like this really fill me up :D

Spoiler:

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Found a bug

In the Pokemart in the first city there is apiece of paper on the counter. It asks you to fill in a questionare, which your character does. The dude living behind the counter says something about me starting to recieve mystery gifts, and then I get an error message. This is a transcript of the error message:

Script 'Interpreter' line 189: RuntimeError occured.

Script error in event 3 (coords 1,4), map 123 (Mountain Village Poke Mart):
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: undefined method 'mysterygiftaccess=' for #<Player Pokemon Trainer Aurora @party=[CLAMPERL_GEN2, :DRIFLOON]>

***Full script:
    $Trainer.mysterygiftaccess=true

Backtrace:
    (eval):1:in 'execute_script'
    033:Interpreter:137:in 'eval'
    033:Interpreter:137:in 'execute_script'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:1030:in 'command_355'
    034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in 'execute_command'
    033:Interpreter:127:in 'block in update'
    033:Interpreter:87:in 'loop
    033:Interpreter:87:in'

And when I click on OK the game crashes.

As an aside, the only reason I bothered to transcribe this was because I am really annoyed at having lost the progress I did lose and have been using this to vent. You might want to make it possible to copy paste this if at all possible.

Interesting, didn't even know mystery gift was programmed into the base game of Essentials. I'll be sure to remove that "feature" in a future update so others don't get stuck with the same error. Mystery Gift doesn't do anything in the game anyways.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    Thanks for clearing that up. I just checked and the questionnaire is in other poke marts too. Same error too.

Thanks for making this game, by the way. It is my first pokemon game (fangame, whatever), and I have had a lot of fun. Also, the music is awesome. I am a little frustrated at how the first Gym battle was pitifully easy compared to Fletcher who you have to beat to get there. I am kind of annoyed at how my strategy revolved around my juggernaut of a starter killing everything while I tried my best to let the rest of my team get some xp. That was the only battle up until then where it overshadowed every single one of my pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I downloaded the file, and it won't open because it says the game ini file is missing. I thought 7-Zip was malfunctioning because it didn't show everything it was supposed to until I found out that the items that were missing were hidden. Can someone figure this out? Apparently, the script is missing. The Error Code: [No game scripts specified (missing Game.ini?)]. This has never happened before...

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Thanks for clearing that up. I just checked and the questionnaire is in other poke marts too. Same error too.

Thanks for making this game, by the way. It is my first pokemon game (fangame, whatever), and I have had a lot of fun. Also, the music is awesome. I am a little frustrated at how the first Gym battle was pitifully easy compared to Fletcher who you have to beat to get there. I am kind of annoyed at how my strategy revolved around my juggernaut of a starter killing everything while I tried my best to let the rest of my team get some xp. That was the only battle up until then where it overshadowed every single one of my pokemon.

I'm honored my game would be the first you'd try out! Hopefully, it leaves a positive experience in your mind. I promise other games don't have as much stuttering early on either lol. Hate that that's part of your first fan game experience, but hope you're able to look past it! The lag nearly disappears later on in the game as I got better at photoshopping tilesets.

The first couple of gyms aren't too challenging, but they do pick up a bit mid-way through. The first gym is actually a remnant of the earliest build of my game where the player didn't have a starter choice but instead was railroaded into Clamperl. The gym had a fair amount of counter-play to Clamperl in Water Absorb Wooper and the part-electric and tanky Stunfisk. As the game developed, I left the gym as is. I found it to vary in challenge depending on the player's team comp; plus, it is much easier than the Fletcher fight - and that's by design. The first gym is more like a formality with an Exp. Share the reward for beating the real challenge in Fletcher.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Im stuck at the 3 relic quest did i need dive? and if yes where i get it?

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Im stuck at the 3 relic quest did i need dive? and if yes where i get it?

You get Dive after beating Gym 5 in Fallautumn Town; there will be a request for you to go back to Crestwood Outpost to speak to Tabby, and a story beat will unfold. You will get Dive after the story segment and be able to find the rest of the Relics.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    v1.9 of the game has been released with some bugfixes and a few QOL things! Please see my Discord page for a detailed breakdown of patch notes as well as my thoughts on the game moving forward. Thank you all who have played my game to date! Hope to see even more of you in Discord!

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Just a quick annotation, I've released a few patches to v1.9 over the last few months with some bug fixes and minor QOL improvements. v1.9.3 is the latest version to date for anyone who may want to update. Links have been updated on the Discord server and on the original post of this thread. <3

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    there are some errors in the game after play for a bit the game crashes it around the first town you visit.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Can you be a little more specific? What was the error message when it crashed? What were you doing when it crashed? Where were you when it crashed? I can't do anything with the broad info here, mate. Reports of crashes are rare, so I'm interested in what the case was. I'm much more responsive on Discord as well.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Update 1.9.4 has been released with some QOL and bugfixes. See the Disocrd from the first post for more details, including a to-be-released blog post about the game's future moving forward.

superdude001

Stargazer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    where do i go after gym 6?

Make your way to the summit of the nearby mountain, Shalor Mountain. Once at the summit of that mountain, do some investigation around there and talk to the locals. One of them will update your quest log. When in doubt, take a look at your Quests menu, it should point you in the right direction.

Back