• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Pangaea

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    WTeam Name
    Team Pokepangaea

Introduction
    This hack will be a fire red hack. i would like for it to have all 801+ Pokemon available including legendary events. I am looking for a team due to the fact that i only have a few hours a day to work on this hack and there are an assortment of things that i cant wrap my mind around when it comes to hacking. I have a bunch of great ideas with very basic knowledge of how to do some of them. I need help with mapping, scripting, and spriting.

Application
    These are the things i am looking for in your application. please pm me.
    Skills
    Proof of work
    Time Zone
    Past Experience

Current Team Members
    -me(werepire95)
    --the_learner (hex editing and pokemon base stats)
    --stop09 (scripting)

Current Progress
    A few odds and ends have been done such as I am working on the world map currently. i have the basic storyline down I'm just waiting to see how some things come together with the hack to finish the storyline. if you want the story pm me and ill give you the generic, the full story will not be given unless you are part of the team. my ideas for this hack are to remove the necessity for hms, have all 801+ pokemon as i said above, completely remake the whole game keeping the gyms and elite 4 still in thought. but change that a little bit, have all megas added in and by the time this hack is released it will probably even have gen 7 in it. these are only a few of many ideas that ive come up with for this hack. any questions feel free to pm me.

Attachments

• Pokemon Pangaea
      MAP.png
      7.5 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
    Well I can simply help with some hex editings,
    providing some time-saving data like the pokemon base stats...
    and also inspiration as well as suggestion..
    I would love to help with other things as well but I am too busy with my hack so wont be able to give much time..
    for the proof You can take the link from my signature :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    Well I can simply help with some hex editings,
    providing some time-saving data like the pokemon base stats...
    and also inspiration as well as suggestion..
    I would love to help with other things as well but I am too busy with my hack so wont be able to give much time..
    for the proof You can take the link from my signature :)

that would be great if you'd could do the pokemon base stats and I'm not sure what hex editing is so that I could probably use some help with. Thank you in advance

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
    You can't expect people to just join your team, show us some progress, story, ideas and so on to prove you're not just looking for someone to do everything for you.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I don't mean to be mean, but you might get more success if you got some experience under your belt doing a hack and then started a team hack. After all, why should you demand other people show their experience level when you do not do the same?

For example, you say you want to make a hack with all the pokemon in it. Well, you can make an All Pokemon Catchable hack by yourself with a few legendary events added or other little features, to gain some experience, post in sideshow, and then use that as a base for your more ambitious storyline hack. Storyline hacks will take a lot more time, and it can be nice to have a smaller hack as a base that, if you don't manage to finish your story hack, you can at least look back to and say you accomplished something with.

On the other hand, I know not everyone wants to do 2 hacks (even if 1 uses the other as a base), or find Team Hacks more fun and only want to do those. So it's up to you. You've already found a Teammate, which is better than most team builder efforts I've seen, so kudos.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    I don't mean to be mean, but you might get more success if you got some experience under your belt doing a hack and then started a team hack. After all, why should you demand other people show their experience level when you do not do the same?

For example, you say you want to make a hack with all the pokemon in it. Well, you can make an All Pokemon Catchable hack by yourself with a few legendary events added or other little features, to gain some experience, post in sideshow, and then use that as a base for your more ambitious storyline hack. Storyline hacks will take a lot more time, and it can be nice to have a smaller hack as a base that, if you don't manage to finish your story hack, you can at least look back to and say you accomplished something with.

On the other hand, I know not everyone wants to do 2 hacks (even if 1 uses the other as a base), or find Team Hacks more fun and only want to do those. So it's up to you. You've already found a Teammate, which is better than most team builder efforts I've seen, so kudos.

you are right i should try to gain experience by myself but the fact is all the video tutorials on things arent in depth enough for me to understand and the typed tutorials i lose track of about two to three paragraphs in and cant concentrate enough to get through them so if i have a few people that are willing to help me understand how to do something or give me a little personal advice it will work a lot better and probably go by a lot faster than if i tried to do this completely on my own.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    you are right i should try to gain experience by myself but the fact is all the video tutorials on things arent in depth enough for me to understand and the typed tutorials i lose track of about two to three paragraphs in and cant concentrate enough to get through them so if i have a few people that are willing to help me understand how to do something or give me a little personal advice it will work a lot better and probably go by a lot faster than if i tried to do this completely on my own.

I see. You are willing to learn. Well, if you ever need advice on anything, you can ask the community. PC actually has quite a few tutorials that are not videos here, you might find them more in depth? There is at least one very long scripting tutorial I remember making a lot of use of that went into a lot of detail on scripts and provided a lot of little scripts that you can just plug straight in. I never learn from video tutorials myself, as my computer overheats easily. You can find all the things you need for many mons and no HMs right here without too much effort; I think all you need to do is apply patches you can find in resources.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 20, 2017
    I see. You are willing to learn. Well, if you ever need advice on anything, you can ask the community. PC actually has quite a few tutorials that are not videos here, you might find them more in depth? There is at least one very long scripting tutorial I remember making a lot of use of that went into a lot of detail on scripts and provided a lot of little scripts that you can just plug straight in. I never learn from video tutorials myself, as my computer overheats easily. You can find all the things you need for many mons and no HMs right here without too much effort; I think all you need to do is apply patches you can find in resources.

tre problem there is I really don't want to lose track of a bunch of patches that I just slapped onto something and calls a hack. Sorry but I want this to be as legitimate of a hack as possible, even though that is kind of a moot point cuz hacks aren't in the least legitimate.

Back