• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle?

Blaze
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    sprites

why can't you keep the sprites like the screen shots

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Quick Update (Again)

Right then, I've (finally) updated both the Normal and Wild battle music.

Well..
    After a few rough weeks of school work, I've finally been able to do a bit more work with the hack, I've been focusing on school these past few weeks, hence the lack of major updates. I'll be able to work on it longer than I have before, but I still have unfinished business.

why can't you keep the sprites like the screen shots
    Hmm?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2012
    Highly original, and it's coming along great! Paper Mario is my favorite game so it"s nice to see a portable version for it. And awesome job on the music, it sounds very nice.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    I played the alpha it was great cant wait for the next release good luck

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    The music is nice but the "wild battle theme" seems to have a way over powering bass

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Quick Update

Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After some thought, I believed that the hammer should be an "item" not a "move". Having it be a move wouldn't be efficient seeing how you would lose a move slot and would have to "drag" the person* who knows it.

The music is nice but the "wild battle theme" seems to have a way over powering bass

True, it seems to be a bit "over powered". It seems that it should be lowered, though I don't want to go through that whole looping process right about now >.<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Through, what can only be described as, an assload of luck, I managed to grab another computer so the earlier post can be disregarded (though it does suck I've lost quite bit of important information, it's better than nothing).

kyle?

Blaze
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Are the features of the hammer in the patch on the first post or didn't you put it on the forum

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Poll Results

Well, as you can tell, the poll is over and the results are in. This means that my chapter will be added after Chapter 7, which is pretty good in my opinion, it will raise its difficulty.

Replies
    This is a good game. I hope you can finish this one. Good luck and keep it up. :)

BTW, the music is great. :)
    Why thank you :).

Through, what can only be described as, an assload of luck, I managed to grab another computer so the earlier post can be disregarded (though it does suck I've lost quite bit of important information, it's better than nothing).

That's good to know, :).

Are the features of the hammer in the patch on the first post or didn't you put it on the forum
    Not yet, It'll be in the next release.

I love the new music in this.
    It's great
    Best of luck^^

Thank you, though the credits go to Alasteir for most of the music, there is only like 3 songs which I ripped from other emulators

---------------------------------------
    Now then, I know that the Pre-Beta has been delayed, but in part its a good thing. I want it to be perfect, or close to it. I solve any bugs I encounter since I do most of the beta testing, which is done on purpose since I really don't want others to get an early release :P.

But, here are some updates

1) The beginning of the game has been altered slightly, now you start in a different area which was not in the original Paper Mario, more like a "mini-quest" but keep in mind that this bit is essential, since you will receive "Animal Capturing Spheres" (Not the actual name of it...), but once thats over the actual game begins.

2) You will be able to capture your enemies in this Pre-Beta ;), though it won't be quite as easy as the normal Pokemon games.
    -captured partners will come out of a Pokeball, event and storyline partners won't.

3) The Pre-Beta is longer than it appears on the front page. I'm keeping most/some of the stuff secret :P.

4) The reason why I decided to expand the Pre-Beta was because of the lack of gameplay after you get to the Shooting Star Summit. I'm adding extra things to keep you occupied for now that is.
    -I.E Dojo, Penguin Training Facility, Sewers, etc...

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Hay why not make the dojo also have multiplayer.

I would implement it, though I'm not sure if many people would bother using it, it will only be worthwile once you have access to like 50+ partners at least.

Quick Grammar Correction:
    There's no need to have a Period after "to".
    That's been fixed, though I've been to lazy to put up a screenshot of it :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    I don't get it do you mean your going to add multiplayer or your not shore it's perfet for emuloter because you can do worldwide link on emuloter (I think) it would be prity cool hack.

Super.Goomba

Manga=√ Anime=X
    Years
  • OH LOOK I POSTED

So, yeah, downloaded that Alpha 1 thing, but whenever I try to copy the patch onto the ROM file I just get a "File Error".

Help?

EDIT: Oh, look I still got the crappy SMW Goomba sprite with a cape sprite slapped on as my Avy. Probably won't switch to my M & L appearence, though, considering I only came back here to check this hack out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • whoa i havent been on here in a while but that looks really good i love the sprites i cant wait for the beta(im still playing the original alpha)

OverlordIcy

Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Wow, just wow. Today i was searching Google for Paper Mario mods, and i find this... This is truly amazing, taking a game and completely changing what it was meant to be. I have been playing the Alpha, and i really like it so far, how it feels like Paper Mario is finally hand held. I like how it looks, and i can't wait to see how the future versions look. Great job guys, and girls, keep it up!

OverlordIcy

Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    Um sorry for the double post, but i just noticed something odd... I used the catch trainer Pokemon AR code to catch all the "Pokemon" in the hack, and... Bowser is Grass/Ground? When i first used Mario's "Ember" I figured Bowser would be Steel because it was Super Effective, but wouldn't Bowser be a Fire type himself, seeing as he does Breathe fire?

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Um sorry for the double post, but i just noticed something odd... I used the catch trainer Pokemon AR code to catch all the "Pokemon" in the hack, and... Bowser is Grass/Ground? When i first used Mario's "Ember" I figured Bowser would be Steel because it was Super Effective, but wouldn't Bowser be a Fire type himself, seeing as he does Breathe fire?
    it is so both Mario and Luigi's type attacks will be super effective. I mean really he is the first boss of the game he has to be easy

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back