• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
  • hi, i'm thinking of playing this game, it looks interesting. (mainly cuz i love story choice games lol) but anyways, Just wondering, what gen mechanics do you use this game? and could you tell me more of what to look forward to in this game?

The generation mechanics used are gen 8! You can look forward to making even more choices that effect the story, and trust me, there WILL be a story. One so dang thought out, and influenced by the player that I honestly expect a majority of players to never have the same gameplay, though doing this is not a simple matter, but one that will be done regardless. A majority of development goes to making options for the players so yeah, I hope you like what we release soon.

can i ask you something could you but in perk upgrades and supreme perks they still can follow that rule but a supreme perk is way harder to get but they can have wick awesome abilities and normal perks should be upgradeable like not missing work even if you don't show up or being able to have all stats increase instead of one and another good idea is to have a hatchery so you don't have to carry eggs around and could you use hm items instead of hms

I've thought about adding a hatchery, however, not many eggs are currently given and I'm unsure of how often breeding will be done, which is why Lygn and I havent implemented it yet, but I think I will add it still.
    However, as for supreme perks and upgradable normal perks, adding normal perks in the game wasn't even apart of the list of things we needed to achieve. I more so added that on a whim after reading a comment
    suggesting perks. I thought it would be interesting to have players choose perks wisely, another feature to add to player choices. Especially so since you aren't able to remove or change perks. That whole thing was
    originally unintended so I doubt I'll add more to the feature but maybe an improvement or two might come out for it. We'll see!

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • The option to remove pokemon from following doesn't work. Honestly, it would solve a bunch of stuck problems if we just could stop pokemon from following in map.

Oh thanks for letting me know, chances are I'll have to update that function of the Pokemon followers script because I updated that script since the last big release. Being able to toggle them on and off would certainly help with npc's being stuck through the following pokemon sure, although, NPC's shouldn't be stuck in the first place with pokemon following, which is why I update the NPC's move routes instead, to fix the problem. It's just theres more NPC's getting stuck than I realize lol

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    When I call Yariette Born picks up instead and I don't even have his number

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    Oh also I was wondering you never did upload the latest patch

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Having trouble with str stat. I did see someone else had a problem like mine and just removed and redownloaded. I did that too and it worked...for a bit. It seems randomly str will stop working after a time. The first time I played (before reinstalling) I was able to break one rock and get str
    before it stopped working. This time I managed to get to the third week. I wouldn't mind, but some of the fields are heavily reliant on str actions to go anywhere. The error says something about ni implicit integer for the array.

Well so far ina new game the str stat is fine...but I'm going to have to restart since a bug has made it so the daily message if what day it is, is stuck on a neverending loop. Hopefully the new game will keep the working stat system.( Also I have to say I love the shadow effect for our Sprite when outside).

What system are you using to play the game? For example is it PC or an emulator so we can further pin point if this an emulator related problem or not. Tell me a little bit of the actions you made before you got soft locked. Did you have any perks? What day was it, was it monday or tuesday, etc? Did you have a job, if so what was it? I'll need all these questions answered so I can get to the root of the problem.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • When I call Yariette Born picks up instead and I don't even have his number

Oh also I was wondering you never did upload the latest patch

I know, I been waiting for any others to post anymore bugs I might be able to fix. New patch coming out tonight, Promise! After this patch, we're gonna work on adding a feature and update to the game I think everyone would absolutely love. Im not gonna spoil it though ;)

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • New patch out! Added checking stats during battle with shift or Z. This will be important to keep track of stat changes during battle, aswell as seeing what ability a pokemon may have. This will make all the difference because eventually, some pokemon trainers will have abilities not native to their pokemon. This game is not meant to be easy at all but we won't just change pokemon abilities without the player being able to atleast see what changes were made during the battle!

Also, This may be the final bug fix/patch until the next major release! That will be the 5.0, and this release will be a nice expansion and have some cool new features! Thanks everyone for posting and playing!

4/13/2022 | Alpha 4.5.2 | Fixes and more
    - Added Check Stats In battle Script, use by pressing shift or Z during any battle
    - Fixed born picking up with yariettes number
    - Fixed Sundae special in the cafeteria not working
    - Some more minor fixes
    ----------------------------------------------

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    What system are you using to play the game? For example is it PC or an emulator so we can further pin point if this an emulator related problem or not. Tell me a little bit of the actions you made before you got soft locked. Did you have any perks? What day was it, was it monday or tuesday, etc? Did you have a job, if so what was it? I'll need all these questions answered so I can get to the root of the problem.

It was Sunday after passing C class. Currently playing on joiplay(I also play on computer but lately just on joiplay). The only perk I have so far is the too easy perk. Didn't have a job( but that was buggy before by giving notifications of missed days despite never missing and even termination-the termination message would reoccur randomly despite not working). The cutscenes played the night before and when I woke up I got the It's Sunday and save/delete/cancel. Of course I saved but then the loop of it's Sunday and Save/delete plays(ie it will say it's Sunday ask if I want to save them for back to saying it's Sunday).

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • It was Sunday after passing C class. Currently playing on joiplay(I also play on computer but lately just on joiplay). The only perk I have so far is the too easy perk. Didn't have a job( but that was buggy before by giving notifications of missed days despite never missing and even termination-the termination message would reoccur randomly despite not working). The cutscenes played the night before and when I woke up I got the It's Sunday and save/delete/cancel. Of course I saved but then the loop of it's Sunday and Save/delete plays(ie it will say it's Sunday ask if I want to save them for back to saying it's Sunday).

So I took a look at the official Joiplay website and take a look at the bottom text

Joiplay doesn't emulate windows, so games that rely on windows api won't work. it also says that about 70% of rpg maker games would be compatible. Perhaps Pokemon Pathways isn't compatible with joiplay.
    I would recommend playing Pokemon pathways on PC only if possible! Sorry emulator/mac users! I'll see if I can work a way around this, but for now, just use PC.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    The game still still says 4.5.1 at the top when you start playing

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    I still get the same error when knocking pokemon out with my scyther

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    I'm getting a glitch after beating yariette in a battle, it immediately triggers her next battle right after.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Btw, we still can't do 1V1s in class. Can't you just remove the pokemon following feature? It's causing more harm than good tbh

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 26, 2023
    Btw, we still can't do 1V1s in class. Can't you just remove the pokemon following feature? It's causing more harm than good tbh

There a way to make a pokemon unfollow you currently, but need 100 affinity with one of your classmates first. You Team Up with them and then Separate. Hope this helps.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 3, 2022
    There a way to make a pokemon unfollow you currently, but need 100 affinity with one of your classmates first. You Team Up with them and then Separate. Hope this helps.
    How do you separate after you team up?

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Btw, we still can't do 1V1s in class. Can't you just remove the pokemon following feature? It's causing more harm than good tbh

I could remove it, but I really like the pokemon following feature. Makes the game feel more alive and I always liked it in HGSS. They might not do much, but I'm gonna work with it.
    No worries though, I'm gonna try adjusting more move routes of the 1v1 classmate battles so you wont get stuck and still have pokemon following you. I'll drop another bug fix patch soon!

How do you separate after you team up?

You can separate by talking to your partner after you team up. You should see a Separate or Split up option.
    You may also be able to stop pokemon from following you by interacting with the dresser in your dorm (Not sure if this works though, but worth a try)
    I'm still working on ways to improve the affinity system too, so hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    No need to bother too much with it anymore, I didn't know you could stop pokemon from following you by pressing A, now I can pwn Esrever. However, I want to fight with the Class A teacher to graduate to S Class, but I cant due to a bug. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Also, that Sceptile guy in class A is using Mega Evolution, when can we use it? If I have Mega Lucario, its gg for anyone, even Lygn and Born.

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • I dropped a new patch so, movements should be okay but if anyone has any problems let me know

4/16/2022 | Alpha 4.5.3| Bug fixes
    - Updated more classmate move routes for class 1v1
    - Fixed A Rank Teacher unable to graduate student
    - Fixed some Cafeteria Bugs that wouldnt allow player to leave
    - Fixed Chair glitch in orientation
    - Fixed mystery gift glitch in mart
    - Fixed Quest menu not appearing
    - Fixed sign not showing text
    - Fixed quest log not appearing in menu
    - Fixed 101 Key glitch
    - Fixed text glitch orientation lady
    - Removed save options in academy
    - Fixed text to use
    - Fixed Green Hills tree tiles
    - Fixed S class students in library saying nothing on wednesday
    - Fix pokecenter npc text
    - Maybe fixed being able to save at the academy(?)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    When passing Class B Mr Bee doesn't give you the option to pass his class with a test but when you beat him he says you could have easily just passed the test instead of battling him

Back