• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
  • Ahh I wish I took a screenshot of it, but yes I did get some sort of script message.
    I think it was RIGHT at the win, like his HP hit 0 - I think I hit the "next"/A button - and then the crash happened ^^

Try replicating the problem and send the crash report if it comes up. I'm working diligently on the 5.0 so if the crash happens again, I'll have it fixed in the next big release.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    i have an idea on how to not to use hms couldnt you replace hm with an hm item they could be in the online store and could you put encounter charts per each area and there should be a way to get into the area on the weekend where you could catch pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2022
    Hello, I started playing your game and found it to be really fun! However, the game is still buggy.
    1.Tried to move the rock in Floor Field 1(Bug, Normal , Grass) and the game instantly closed. No message, nothing.

Since you said you wanted to know trivial errors too, the address plate outside the Little Mawile Club reads "Police Station"

3. One of the NPCs outside the orientation hall(men), just before orientation has a grammatical mistake.

4.It is incredibly hard to send screenshots of mistakes and crash situations with the save once feature. Please allow us to Save more like all other games with multiple pathways and all other Pokemon games. It is incredibly inconvenient.

Thank you for reading this , and thank you for your game , I am on Version Alpha 4.5.3.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    It's been months since I last played this game and it's made pretty good progress I'm really enjoying this game and I just wanna ask when can we expect next update cuz I can't wait 😍

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    The game has potential but needs work. Room 102 doesn't exist walking through the door just sends you to room 112's doorway. Also please let us save manually I understand why you have it set up this way but it still blows.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • i have an idea on how to not to use hms couldnt you replace hm with an hm item they could be in the online store and could you put encounter charts per each area and there should be a way to get into the area on the weekend where you could catch pokemon

I'm considering a way to allow players to enter the floor fields during the weekends. I'm thinking locking the classrooms specifically but the classroom building will still be open. I like the idea of telling players what encounters are in each field, but I also want players to explore so I'll make an NPC at the end of each floor field that tells you all the pokemon encounters in the field. That way, players are rewarded with information for reaching the end of a field. I'm saving the online shop for other valuables, such as mega stones or dynamax stuff, though I'll think about adding HMs to it.

oh yeah how to undo the partner system

You should be able to dismiss your partner by talking with them, but if you can't, then that's a fault on my behalf. The partner system is more experimental than functional, so if you aren't able to dismiss them, I'd say don't partner up for now.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • Hello, I started playing your game and found it to be really fun! However, the game is still buggy.
    1. Tried to move the rock in Floor Field 1(Bug, Normal , Grass) and the game instantly closed. No message, nothing.

2. Since you said you wanted to know trivial errors too, the address plate outside the Little Mawile Club reads "Police Station"

3. One of the NPCs outside the orientation hall(men), just before orientation has a grammatical mistake.

4. It is incredibly hard to send screenshots of mistakes and crash situations with the save once feature. Please allow us to Save more like all other games with multiple pathways and all other Pokemon games. It is incredibly inconvenient.

Thank you for reading this , and thank you for your game , I am on Version Alpha 4.5.3.

The game has potential but needs work. Room 102 doesn't exist walking through the door just sends you to room 112's doorway. Also please let us save manually I understand why you have it set up this way but it still blows.

1. I've been seeing some reports of people having issues with the strength boulders in the field. I'm considering removing the rocks all together in place of something else that may require strength as a stat. Hopefully this can solve some problems with the boulders.

2/3. Thanks, reporting little things like that allows for a more polished game. If you can find and report more, it would be much appreciated!

4. Yeah about that, It seems it would be better for players to report bugs if they're able to save more frequently, so for the time being, the next few updates will have manual saving be enabled. Hoping this makes finding bugs and replicating them less of a hassle for players.

I'm glad you guys enjoy the game and see its potential, There is much MUCH more to come. Thanks for reporting all the bugs found so far. Believe it or not, you guys are helping me make the game!

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • It's been months since I last played this game and it's made pretty good progress I'm really enjoying this game and I just wanna ask when can we expect next update cuz I can't wait 😍

It's better if you're surprised ;) just know it'll be amazing. Something nobody has ever done before!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    So, I found a bug I started working in student lounge, I worked on Saturday it was fine but when I went there on Sunday the woman said you already worked for today. It could also be problem on my side since I'm playing on mobile 😅

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    Umm... I don't know if I should ask this but can someone tell me where can I get a magikarp I really wanna have a gyarados in my team😅. I'm on C class btw

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    A quick question, how many characters can we build affinity with? Since I'm on A class and can only build affinity with Akiza,Hyun and Yariette

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    So I'm facing an error where whenever I try to gain exp on my Mimikyu it locks me in a loop of Mimikyu using move and this error popping up continuously until I run out of pp of that move, also it happens in wild battles but this time it does not trap me in a loop instead the error pops up and
    I exit the battle without gaining exp on Mimikyu, and also it doesn't happen when I use exp candies, it only happens in battles. It only happens with my Mimikyu, also when I switch Mimikyu with my other Pokemon it still pops up but this time the other Pokemon gets trapped in a loop of gaining infinite exp.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    [2022-07-25 18:50:15 +0530]
    [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:84:in `clamp'
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:84:in `block in pbGainEVsOne'
    111:Stat:28:in `block in each_main'
    101:GameData:58:in `block in each'
    101:GameData:58:in `each'
    111:Stat:28:in `each_main'
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:83:in `pbGainEVsOne'
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:38:in `block (2 levels) in pbGainExp'
    172:PokeBattle_Battle:392:in `block in eachInTeam'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    There's another bug I found, when I try to get in the building near library which unlocks after you graduate to S class, it asked me how I want to enter the classroom if I say normally it takes me to D rank floor and if I say class floor it takes me to C rank floor, I've already graduated to S class (without my magikarp).🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    Oh I forgot about another bug, after graduation to S class when I woke up the other day my pc notified me that I have been terminated from library for skipping a day even though I already had a termination notification (damn that rhymes so well) and when I entered the school and went to check if I have detention...yup I had one and it said you can only go to detention room after you've attended the class...NANI? I don't have a class lol

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
    Years
  • It seems you've been quite busy lol Lets see if I can give you some satisfactory answers!

So, I found a bug I started working in student lounge, I worked on Saturday it was fine but when I went there on Sunday the woman said you already worked for today. It could also be problem on my side since I'm playing on mobile 😅
    Yeahh, The work function needs more work(punitive) . Its a bit broken atm. I suppose I could make it inaccessible until it does work, so we'll see.

Umm... I don't know if I should ask this but can someone tell me where can I get a magikarp I really wanna have a gyarados in my team😅. I'm on C class btw
    For now there isn't many fish Pokemon around for you to catch. This will be changed in the near future. I will however be making a wild gyrados event for players to catch in one of the C-Rank floor fields.

A quick question, how many characters can we build affinity with? Since I'm on A class and can only build affinity with Akiza,Hyun and Yariette
    Only those 3 for now. Soon, ALL classmates you'll be able to build affinity with. The 3 you currently can build affinity with is still currently being adjusted, but there will be more for sure!

So I'm facing an error where whenever I try to gain exp on my Mimikyu it locks me in a loop of Mimikyu using move and this error popping up continuously until I run out of pp of that move, also it happens in wild battles but this time it does not trap me in a loop instead the error pops up and
    I exit the battle without gaining exp on Mimikyu, and also it doesn't happen when I use exp candies, it only happens in battles. It only happens with my Mimikyu, also when I switch Mimikyu with my other Pokemon it still pops up but this time the other Pokemon gets trapped in a loop of gaining infinite exp.
    [2022-07-25 18:50:15 +0530]
    [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.1.2]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError

Backtrace:
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:84:in `clamp'
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:84:in `block in pbGainEVsOne'
    111:Stat:28:in `block in each_main'
    101:GameData:58:in `block in each'
    111:Stat:28:in `each_main'
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:83:in `pbGainEVsOne'
    174:Battle_ExpAndMoveLearning:38:in `block (2 levels) in pbGainExp'
    172:PokeBattle_Battle:392:in `block in eachInTeam'
    I don't know why there is a sneezing emoji but it says 'Stat' 😅
    Hmm, This does seem like a problem. It might have something to do with Mimikyu data. I'll look further into this.

There's another bug I found, when I try to get in the building near library which unlocks after you graduate to S class, it asked me how I want to enter the classroom if I say normally it takes me to D rank floor and if I say class floor it takes me to C rank floor, I've already graduated to S class (without my magikarp).🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿
    Fixed in the next update!

Oh I forgot about another bug, after graduation to S class when I woke up the other day my pc notified me that I have been terminated from library for skipping a day even though I already had a termination notification (damn that rhymes so well) and when I entered the school and went to check if I have detention...yup I had one and it said you can only go to detention room after you've attended the class...NANI? I don't have a class lol
    oh dang, yep that needs to be taken care of lol. The Alpha basically ends once you reach S class so I didn't expect people to play beyond that. Sorry! The next update will fix this and continue beyond S class!

Thanks for taking the time to report all of this. The next update will be just that much better if I can squash these bugs! Hope you've mostly been enjoying the pathways experience so far!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2022
    oh dang, yep that needs to be taken care of lol. The Alpha basically ends once you reach S class so I didn't expect people to play beyond that. Sorry! The next update will fix this and continue beyond S class!

Thanks for taking the time to report all of this. The next update will be just that much better if I can squash these bugs! Hope you've mostly been enjoying the pathways experience so far!

Enjoying??... I've been loving it, and hopefully I didn't workload you too much lol, keep up the great work and thank you for this masterpiece of a game 😊♥️

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Enjoying??... I've been loving it, and hopefully I didn't workload you too much lol, keep up the great work and thank you for this masterpiece of a game 😊♥️

as a co developer im grateful for the community to embark on this journey with us. even though its only to people and we have life to deal with. we are grateful and we will strive to provide better content. this i swear to you, the community and everyone who plays pokemon pathways

Back