• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Interesting idea man and it is certainly fun to think about. But if you really want to capture the whole backwards feel shouldnt you make going from new bark to blackthorn more easy and have clair as the first leader? Otherwise bloody amazing man and i hope this turns out excellent like the other 2!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Interesting idea man and it is certainly fun to think about. But if you really want to capture the whole backwards feel shouldnt you make going from new bark to blackthorn more easy and have clair as the first leader? Otherwise bloody amazing man and i hope this turns out excellent like the other 2!

Dark Cave isn't that hard
    I'll try to make Clair as the first leader but I'm not sure if it will work.
    There is a script which changes when editing the idea with map editor.

Oh and this will become better than crystal world.

EDIT: Go and vote Pikachu Edition Hack of the Week 2009 !!!
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4311391#post4311391
    If Crystal World won there is no doubt Pikachu Edition couldn't do it.

Last edited:

st.louis

Addict of saying :P
    Years
  • I love world, I'm still busy beating it. When I'm done, I'd love to be beta tester. Well, let's not rush things, imma beat world.

Years
  • WOW u've really come far since i was helping you on your world hack i look forward to playing this one and this time im not giving as much help so you can improve on hacking :D
    and im happy your putting the celebi event in which should be easy really :D

CelebiKing123

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    Hey, how'd u find my username?
    Yay, i get to be betatester!
    I could change the sprite a lil goth, like i did to my hack.

miksy91

Years
  • Hey, how'd u find my username?
    Yay, i get to be betatester!
    I could change the sprite a lil goth, like i did to my hack.

Don't get surprised if some sprites are going to change now since I got some help from CelebiKing123 with spriting.
    So don't edit already edited sprites after that :D

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    His room... reminds me of some freaky Anime girl's room... >.> And please do turn all of the evolutions arround--only having the cute basic Pokemon being final stage and ugly basic Pokemon would be very confusing.

That's the main feature of this hack -_-.

miksy91

Years
  • The main feature is pretty hard to put in the hack: I just tried it now...
    I succeeded to make the wrong-way evolutions with venusaur but as a result it couldn't learn any move.

I think that the problem is with venusaur's evolution offset since it lacks 3 bytes.
    And I can't add 3 new bytes in that offset.

st.louis

Addict of saying :P
    Years
  • I'm finally done with crystal world! I'd love to be beta tester in this version if it's completed far enough to be tested. Looking forward to it, finally a good excuse towards myself not to do my ancient Latin homework :P

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    if Pokemon evolve the wrong way on this, can Pikachu evolve into Pichu, a little later on

miksy91

Years
  • I'm finally done with crystal world! I'd love to be beta tester in this version if it's completed far enough to be tested. Looking forward to it, finally a good excuse towards myself not to do my ancient Latin homework :P
    I'll send you beta to test soon.

if Pokemon evolve the wrong way on this, can Pikachu evolve into Pichu, a little later on
    Yeah I thought that Pikachu would evolve to Raichu and Raichu to Pichu (at high level).
    But I'm having a problem that I don't know how to repoint pokemon's data and that's why always when I'll make final form pokemon evolveable it can't learn any attacks.
    (For example Venusaur, Sandslash, Crobat...and so on can only learn struggle :() That doesn't sound good so I haven't started making evolutions yet.

I'll try to get help with repointing though...hopefully I manage with this problem.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    if your going backwards that's the wrong order. It should be like this:

1.) Raichu
    2.) Pikachu
    3.) Pichu

That means you really should be starting off with a Raichu instead of a Pikachu then.

miksy91

Years
  • if your going backwards that's the wrong order. It should be like this:

1.) Raichu
    2.) Pikachu
    3.) Pichu

That means you really should be starting off with a Raichu instead of a Pikachu then.

I guess I should make it like that.
    I just planned it to be like this:
    When you get your first pokemon it's Pikachu which is holding a thunderstone.
    Then when you meet your rival first time he's already made his pikachu evolve. That's tricky since player won't probably notice his own pikachu holding a thunderstone.

Yeah but I'll do it later when I get backwards-evolution work.
    I just asked Koolboyman for help with it.

miksy91

Years
  • I've great news for you :D
    I got used to editing pokemon data and I've already made new evolution ways for pokemons Bulbasaur-Arbok (that wasn't actually any large work)
    Unfortunately there are some bugs with the evolutions:

1. I couldn't made Fearow-->Spearow evolution possible so Fearow will be just Spearow's 2nd form in this game.
    2. Somehow Raticate learns now Fearow's moveset :S
    3. First form pokemon don't learn some attacks that their final forms learn
    (I think that's not any big problem but I still wanted to say it)

Everything else works fine by now :)

miksy91

Years
  • There is a big surprise waiting for ya (who reads this post now) in the first post in this thread ;)

Read the text what I've changed + the end of the post very carefully :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back