• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Platinum or Mystery Dungeon 3?

Years
    Who has been saving up their money for Pokemon Platinum when it came out? I have! I have saved $50 just in case it gets pricey. But just today, I heard news about a sequel to the PMD2 is coming out THIS YEAR in Japan and in the America area. It's called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3, Explorers of the Sky! OMG! Isn't this great! And I thought Pokemon Platimun was great! Here's a scarce picture I found on it!

Pokemon Platinum or Mystery Dungeon 3?
    My guess is that these Pokemon will be added to the list of Pokemon you can get in the beginning! But don't threat! The same Pokemon starters from PMD2 will also be in this game! Plus, it's for DS! So don't worry about getting any new system any thime soon.

Now, for my big question? Now that you know about PMD3, will you buy that or Platinum. My opinon is that I'll save my money for PMD2. I always liked those PMd games better than the original.

What will you buy?

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    platinum

sorry mate but its the main game and all even thopugh the storyline is

pik a starter,do the gyms,become E4 master, K.O the baddies

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Platinum, most definitely. Honestly, Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky does not even qualify as a relevant issue for me, since the NTSC version will most likely not even be released until next year.

Years
    Well, they're saying it'll be released in 2009. O.K, maybe near the end of the year, but I'll wait that long, hopefully, maybe, supposedly, NOOO! lol

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    The DS is region free, so you could buy the Japanese Version when it comes out.

For me, Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, they're saying it'll be released in 2009.

For the Japanese release, not the English one.

The DS is region free, so you could buy the Japanese Version when it comes out.

Perhaps, although speaking from experience, playing a game such as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in a foreign language is quite different from playing a main Pokemon game. There is a greater focus on the actual plot, which means a greater focus on text.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    No competition at all. Platinum all the way, I still like PMD3, but Platinum is the main of the storyline. I also like competitive battling, which PMD3 cannot do since everyone can legibly have 999 in every stat due to stat raising items (there is no limit to using them).

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum, I was never much interested in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, or any other Mystery Dungeon game other than Izuna, to be honest. I'd probably be more interested if I could play as one of my favs like Raichu, Mew, or Gardevoir.

I checked around, the Japanese release for PMD3 is April 18th, 2009 and North America is currently To Be Announced.

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I've been saving up for both, but since my mom demanded that I left $100 in the bank I could fall back on that if I ran out spontaneously (coughcoughlittlebrothercough) However, assuming my parents don't forget to give me allowance again, I should have enough to buy Platinum by it's launch date.

Onto the question... my answer is Platinum. I'm guessing that Explorers of the Sky is still a long way away from coming out... IN AMERICA!!

Fed

Battling on Wi-Fi.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Platinum, for sure. I never liked the PMD games. I died too much, and didnt understand the controls.

xD

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    There's too big of a gap between the release of these games to decide which one I would buy. I don't even think its got a Japanese release date, yet. With Pokemon games, you can almost always determine how long it'll be for a game to come out to the rest of the world.

Though I have a Japanese version of Platinum, I'm still planning on getting an English version of the game. Though I'm torn between waiting for the UK release or waiting for the US release...

Once Explorers of the Sky gets a European release, then I'll definitely be making sure I can purchase it. But at current, it won't be until next year, at best.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Yes for my it's definitely Platinum that I'm getting as I prefer the main games to the side games.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    There's too big of a gap between the release of these games to decide which one I would buy. I don't even think its got a Japanese release date, yet. With Pokemon games, you can almost always determine how long it'll be for a game to come out to the rest of the world.

Though I have a Japanese version of Platinum, I'm still planning on getting an English version of the game. Though I'm torn between waiting for the UK release or waiting for the US release...

Once Explorers of the Sky gets a European release, then I'll definitely be making sure I can purchase it. But at current, it won't be until next year, at best.

The Japanese release for PMD3 is April 18th, 2009 and North America is currently To Be Announced.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Both, platinum is kinda the same as diamond cept for the new stuff, but i got to have it ;p
    MD3 there is like a year between it to save up ;p and i like how it has a waayy different plot and gameplay, tough still keeping the basic pokemon things.

(hurt, potion, oranberry elixer, sleep) And all that stuff

Back