• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Platinum shatters Nintendo DS sales record

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    WOW.
    Good for them! That's just amazing! ^^
    Can't wait till it hits the US

BTW not all Poke-fans go to forums

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    seeings how every pokemon game has been in one of the top positions as best selling video game of their year, this isnt all that surprising. I imagine with the load of profits they made/will continue to make from platinum, I'm sure they've got the budget to throw in a G/S/C remake, even by the .0001% chance they wouldnt make a profit from such a remake

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Wow... 1 million in three days? Bet there's a video somewhere with Japanese people stampeding to the game store.
    When I got D/P there was a huge line at the mall. The kid in front of me was crying. xD
    Hahah! Awesome. It's good that it's selling well, now maybe they'll put out some GS remakes *prays*

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I'm reminded of The Goblet of Fire, which sold, what, 10 copies per second for the first week?
    That's probably an overestimate, but I don't remember the exact number.

SherlockHolmeboy

Happy 2009 ^_^
    Years
    O my godz, that's got to be a new world record (not only for Nintendo, but probably for the entire gaming industry)! I can't wait til it gets released in Australia! The only problem is, by the time it's out in the States, everyone will probably pirarte it and put it on thier R4 or something like that.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    O my godz, that's got to be a new world record (not only for Nintendo, but probably for the entire gaming industry)! I can't wait til it gets released in Australia! The only problem is, by the time it's out in the States, everyone will probably pirarte it and put it on thier R4 or something like that.

Halo 3 sold 2.4 million units on it's first day and GTA4 sold 3.6 million units on the first day

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    If this happened in a small country like Japan, imagine what it would be like in the USA...

*imagines*

*sees chaos*

The difference in population isnt that drastic. The US population is only roughly twice japan's population, but 25 times bigger in size as Japan. go figure. I'd predict about the same first day sales here as there

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Halo 3 sold 2.4 million units on it's first day and GTA4 sold 3.6 million units on the first day

Yeah, but did Halo 2 or GTA 4 already have games before it that were basically the same?

Obviously Halo and GTA3 etc. were similar, but so are all the Pokeymanz games.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Thats great to hear, because GameFreak needs an ego boost like that. ^_^ I can't wait until it hits the US, oh what mayhem will occur. I just can't wait. Good news, overall.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    Yeah, but did Halo 3 or GTA 4 already have games before it that were basically the same?

Obviously Halo 2 and GTA3 etc. were similar, but so are all the Pokeymanz games.

You just answered your own question. Halo 3 and GTA 4 are just as much similar to their previous games as Platinum is to D/P

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Wow, if Platinum sold that much I wonder what a remake of Gold and Silver would sell....

I would buy it as my gameboy got stolen (errrr) and my gameboy colour isn't working :(
    I reckon it would sell out due to people now more than ever wanting to complete the PokeDex.

Back