• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Pronunciations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
Years
  • Does anyone know a website with Pokemon pronunciations. I mean a website with name pronunciations like Sceptile and Pidgeot or Chimeco or whatever. Also if you know any pronunciations please post them here.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 26, 2007
    Pidgeot- in the show it was Pi(from Pig) and jut(from...well, you know how to pronounce it) . Pi-jut

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    Sapphire Titan said:
    Pidgeot- in the show it was Pi(from Pig) and jut(from...well, you know how to pronounce it) . Pi-jut

...I always thought it was pid-ji-ot :confused:
    As for sceptile i dont know... i just pronnounce it skept-isle :laugh:

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    All of the pronunciations are really straightforward because Japanese is a phonetical language...for example ピジョット will always sound the same way because the sounds of each character of the Japanese alphabet never change. (Pi-Jo-Tto).

If you don't read Japanese have someone turn the names into English letters for you.

I'm not sure about pronunciation of the english names which are different from the japanese names becuas I don't know many english ones... <:|

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    I've heard Pi-jot but I've also heard Pi-jee-ot (maybe Pi-jot was just said real fast?). Chimecho is the combo of the words chime and echo. Sceptile is Sep-tile (or maybe Sept-ile)

Dankesque

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Arceus I thought it was pronounced Ar-Kay-us
    According to the Japanese characters it's pronounced Ar-see-us.

And Resultz, I've always pronounced Zapdos as Zap-dose.

How does everyone pronounce Blaziken? I always pronounced it blaze-ee-ken, but then somewhere (the anime?) I heard it pronounced blah-zee-ken. I've been confused ever since.

shot571

i think bulbapedia has pronounciation not sure though.

Edit-lol must be the oldest thread revival ever.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • ...I always thought it was pid-ji-ot :confused:
    As for sceptile i dont know... i just pronnounce it skept-isle :laugh:
    i agree for pidgeot. however, it's not skep-tile, it's sep-tile. chimeco is pronounced chime-echo. blaziken is pronounced blaze-i-kin. suicune is pronounced soo-i-kune.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    How in the heavens do you pronounce Suicine?

Swee-cune, but I agree I used to think it was Soo-Wee-Soo-Nay or Soo-Wi-Sine

Here's one for y'all

Pokemon Pronunciations

Its prounounced

Fan-Fee, if you replace the F's with the correct Ph's it would spell PhanPHy, yet it is spelled PhanPy (its fan-fee, not fan pee, wth nintendo)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back