• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon PureRGB (QoL romhack) (Complete! - possible future updates too)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Of course Chansey is the saving grace! Every game has them lol! For now, I'll prioritize the Safari Zone stuff for the HM's and getting that chip. I don't plan on tackling routes 12-15 until the time I get the badges for Koga & Blaine as I know that'll take a bit.

Years
    • Seen today
    Of course Chansey is the saving grace! Every game has them lol! For now, I'll prioritize the Safari Zone stuff for the HM's and getting that chip. I don't plan on tackling routes 12-15 until the time I get the badges for Koga & Blaine as I know that'll take a bit.

Well...the sea routes, fuchsia gym, and cinnabar are even higher level than route 12-15 so it'll be even harder that way

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I just patched the new update. The game crashed too many times. It's crashing because of my old save file, I guess. However, I was able to enter the new area, and it looks awesome. I wasn't able to fight with anyone because of the crashes, but I will start a new save file.

Good job. I'm waiting for new content in the future.

Years
    • Seen today
    I thought of an interesting thing to put down the stairs from the dark channeler, I'll probably add that in the next non-bugfix release

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    Hey there, looking at some potential romhacks to try for Red/Blue, and I found this one while searching. It looks pretty good, but I have just one question: can you catch starters in the wild? If so, where?

The game mentions about being able to catch the 'bulk of all original 151 pokemon', but I see nothing about starters.

If you can't, would you be willing to add that ability in? I'm playing a romhack that does allow for that, but I feel like it's bugged to the point where Charmander is unfindable, and the original rom creator got banned from this forum.

Cheers!

Years
    • Seen today
    You can catch all of them before rock tunnel. You can catch all pokemon in this game regardless of your choices in the game. When I said "the bulk" i meant that some pokemon you cannot get until later on in the game. Like the legendary birds and mewtwo. As well as a couple of pokemon like dratini that aren't available until around Celadon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    You can catch all of them before rock tunnel. You can catch all pokemon in this game regardless of your choices in the game. When I said "the bulk" i meant that some pokemon you cannot get until later on in the game. Like the legendary birds and mewtwo. As well as a couple of pokemon like dratini that aren't available until around Celadon.
    When you say 'before rock tunnel', do you mean on the route just before you get to Rock Tunnel, or just any point of the game that comes before Rock Tunnel? Sorry, my brain is a little slow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    What don't you think is pure enough about it? The learnset / move changes? Have you even played it? Or just read the description?

This romhack was originally meant to be a personal hack for me to enjoy. The move / learnset changes were made in order to make pokemon feel more unique and useful. I don't think it detracts from experience. Yes it makes the game less purist. However this isn't aiming to be the MOST purist romhack. I allow some changes if they make the game more replayable and interesting.

Years
    • He/him
    • NZ
    • Seen yesterday
    This looks like a really awesome hack! If I may ask, does this hack fix issues such as a Great Ball apparently being more powerful than an Ultra Ball and change the music played within the Safari Zone? Thank you in advance and for developing such a wonderful hack.

Also, I've been working on my own variant of this hack that tweaks a lot of the game's sprites (mainly trainer and overworld sprites) in addition to changing the dialogue and character/location names to better resemble those of the Japanese games. Please let me know if you're interested in learning more.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    This looks like a really awesome hack! If I may ask, does this hack fix issues such as a Great Ball apparently being more powerful than an Ultra Ball and change the music played within the Safari Zone? Thank you in advance and for developing such a wonderful hack. Have a lovely day.
    Great ball is only more powerful in some specific cases. I didn't change that. I think it's kind of cool.
    No I have not changed the music in the safari zone yet. My goal is to make a more complete song with cues from the evolution song (only used when OG+ music is turned on). I have not done this yet.

Years
    • He/him
    • NZ
    • Seen yesterday
    Great ball is only more powerful in some specific cases. I didn't change that. I think it's kind of cool.
    No I have not changed the music in the safari zone yet. My goal is to make a more complete song with cues from the evolution song (only used when OG+ music is turned on). I have not done this yet.
    Holy Helix, that was fast! Thank you for replying so quickly.

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hey! I literally just made an account to ask you this because I couldn't find any other way to contact you. I just played through PureRed and not only was it the best hack I've played that's an enhanced version of an original game, it's the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long time.

I'm sorry if you've been asked this already, but is there any chance you'll make similar hacks for Gen 2? I see there are already similar hacks for those games, but I thought your particular decisions about what things to improve and what to leave as the original was second to none.

Thank you for such an amazing hack!

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey! I literally just made an account to ask you this because I couldn't find any other way to contact you. I just played through PureRed and not only was it the best hack I've played that's an enhanced version of an original game, it's the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long time.

I'm sorry if you've been asked this already, but is there any chance you'll make similar hacks for Gen 2? I see there are already similar hacks for those games, but I thought your particular decisions about what things to improve and what to leave as the original was second to none.

Thank you for such an amazing hack!
    I'd like to do a gen 2 romhack but I won't start that for a couple years until I'm done pureRGB.

Days
  • This is my first time playing a Gen I game, and I'm having a blast so far. I just have two requests:
    1. Would it be possible to include an option to disable nickname prompts?
    2. I'd also appreciate something like a quick run feature: i.e. pressing B in battle to automatically move the cursor to Run.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    yes, there is postgame, and a couple of things to do, check the features page
    I presume based on this some aspects of the story revolving around Team Rocket's activities were also further elaborated on or otherwise imprioved? I asked because the thing that holds me back from enjoying a lot of gen 1 remakes is no one seems to want to actually make Team Rocket have an actual motive behind their crimes. Yes making money is what they argue, they are a mafia sure sure, but the whole scheme they planned in Gold and Silver with the radio signal at the lake of rage gave them presence which can make them a legit worldwide threat. Not to mention that its at least assumed the anime's storyline relating to Mewtwo was soft-canon to the games, which is further reinforced by how in Ultra Sun/Moon, Giovanii is seen with a mewtwo during the Rainbow Rocket story. There was also a lot of hints of a war before the game's events due to a scrapped Soldier trainer class in the Nintendo Gigaleak a while back.

Back