• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
Hi! First of all, thank you for this awesome hack!
I found a bug: I'm stuck in the Vermilion Gym!
Before battle LT Surge, I saved the game. After beating him, the doors wont open anymore! :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Crystal_, great work with this. It's great! Im having a blast! One question i have: is it possible to apply a RTC patch to this hack to make it playable via real hardware? I recently bought an Everdrive GB and wanted to know if there would be any way to play on that. The Everdrive does lack a RTC.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
Been headbutting trees in the usual spot you would find Heracross for hours on end. Even ran out of pp for all my moves with my Wartortle and was using struggle from beating all the Pokemon that fell out of trees still nothing. Where in the Pokemon world do you find Heracross? Nothing but Aipoms, Spearows and Ekans

Years
Telling by the Pokemon that you found, you didn't use Headbutt in the Ilex Forest, which is where Heracross appears.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
I'll give it a try but I thought Heracross was found in mountainous regions with headbutt trees like right above Slowpoke well. At this point I'm willing to try anything though. I'll post an update later. Thank you for your help

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Well, I am currently playing this mod and I like it's toughness, specifically during battle. However I think that sometimes its difficulty is too surrealistic... for example the 3rd gym a Meowth with Bubblebeam? I don't know if the point is to be realistic or to add even more difficulty here..

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
This is a pretty fun game. Kind of sad that it got more popular than my game which also is called Pokemon Pyrite. Good job on the game though, I'm playing it on my 3DS.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
So,... beated Red and elite four twice. Battle tower finally not implemented?

¿Also, what are golden/silver leaves for?

Thanks for the hack, I enjoyed it a lot.

Years
So,... beated Red and elite four twice. Battle tower finally not implemented?

¿Also, what are golden/silver leaves for?

Thanks for the hack, I enjoyed it a lot.

This hack is over for me and the battle tower won't be implemented, unfortunately.

The leaves don't have a specific use but you can sell them.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 30, 2017
Started playing this hack a few weeks ago, really loving it right now. Difficulty feels just right, better pokemon distribution... basically, everything Crystal was supposed to be originally. Kudos on having done an amazing job!

Just about to face Jasmine right now... I like how the gym order was changed a bit, defintely shakes things up a bit.

Anyway, I had a couple questions regarding movesets that aren't obvious from the list at the OP. For instance, can I still get a Kingdra with Icebeam? I can't really figure out how the move tutor in Ecruteak City works... can you still get the same moves (icebeam, thunderbolt, flamethrower) as in the original game? I wanted to breed a Seadra with Seel first to at least get Aurorabeam, but haven't gotten an egg yet. Have egg moves changed as well?

So yeah, most definitely a GREAT hack. Just want to know if I'm not wasting time trying to breed a Horsea for no good reason :)

Edit: just noticed a couple pages back the Ecruteak tutor teaches any appliable TM move a pokemon could learn in the first gen. So I guess that applies to Horsea and Icebeam as well?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
I want to remove that level cap, so I can level past what the gym leaders have. What is the address I need to change or search for in the hex editor, and what do I change it to?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 25, 2021
I beat the first 8 gyms, which required ad-hoc team for each of them, and even then they were still challenging

I wonder how i'll ever beat the league, since they use multiple types, and my team will have weakness to many of them

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2023
Started watching this on YouTube, glad to finally get the chance to play it! Thanks for your hard work!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Thinking of starting a second run through my favorite Pokemon game.
Can anyone recommend some Pokemon sets they had a lot of fun with?

I enjoyed my BoltBeam Clefable with Sing/Moonlight, Feraligatr (Screech, Rock Slide), and Xatu (Psychic, Drill Peck).
Update: interesting caught a Staryu in the water at New Bark Town using the Old Rod, not sure if this was possible in vanilla. Sweet can buy the elemental stones at Ecruteak, got a Water Stone early for Vaporeon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Miltank can be found at Morning time west of Ecruteak. Found Kangaskhan and Tauros west of Ecruteak also.
Phanpy can be found at Route 46 at Day time (12pm-7pm). Couldn't find Phanpy during Morning interestingly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 23, 2022
Found this. Read "League Rematch". Decided to play.

By the way, what's the level cap of the Gym Leaders? I hate to overlevel and breeze through games.

Back