• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just released an update to fix something along with some little changes
    Changelog 1.3.1.2
    -Fixed the bug that stopped some people from evolving any pokemon for some reason
    -Added a way to chose your starting city and starter randomly at the start of the game
    -Removed the beeping sound that happens when your pokemon has low health
    -Fixed some typos
    -Further improvements to overall game stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Really like the hack. Been playing it for 2-3 hours and so far it looks really polished with all the qol features. And of course the openness and respect for player choice is a breath of fresh air.

I'm just stumped by one thing. I can't seem to get the 2nd Gym reward from Petalburg Gym. The documentation says I should get Confide TM as the second reward. I had beaten the Petalburg Gym once yesterday as my first gym and then I challenged it again today and beat it and only got some dialogue but no reward. O are the rewards only obtainable through the Pokenav rematches which are available in the post game? Actually I'm just trying to get the Facade TM, which is listed as the 4th reward. Can you get that before completing the game?

Edit : Also, a minor bug, I used Combee's Bug Bite on a Pokemon I know has a Sitrus Berry and it didn't eat the berry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Really like the hack. Been playing it for 2-3 hours and so far it looks really polished with all the qol features. And of course the openness and respect for player choice is a breath of fresh air.

I'm just stumped by one thing. I can't seem to get the 2nd Gym reward from Petalburg Gym. The documentation says I should get Confide TM as the second reward. I had beaten the Petalburg Gym once yesterday as my first gym and then I challenged it again today and beat it and only got some dialogue but no reward. O are the rewards only obtainable through the Pokenav rematches which are available in the post game? Actually I'm just trying to get the Facade TM, which is listed as the 4th reward. Can you get that before completing the game?

Edit : Also, a minor bug, I used Combee's Bug Bite on a Pokemon I know has a Sitrus Berry and it didn't eat the berry.

to get the later rewards you need to gain more badges before rematching them i think for the second reward you need around 2 or 3 badges, since the rewards get better after each rematch they need to be balanced around your current level, that also applies to the leader team since it changes between rematches after you get all the 8 badges and all the rewards you can challenge them and they will use one of the 5 different teams randomly with better movesets evs and items to get 3 nature mints per day

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Thanks for replying. I guess I'll just use a Facade Darumaka + breeding to get Facade on other stuff for now. Btw, if I don't rematch the leaders till I get all the eigth badges, do I still get the 2nd reward, 3rd reward, etc in order? Or is it possible to skip/miss some?

Also, I know about the Eviolite, Life Orb and the incenses, but which other later gen held items are in the game (for example, Choice Scarf/Specs, Flame/Toxic Orb, Rocky Helmet, etc).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for replying. I guess I'll just use a Facade Darumaka + breeding to get Facade on other stuff for now. Btw, if I don't rematch the leaders till I get all the eigth badges, do I still get the 2nd reward, 3rd reward, etc in order? Or is it possible to skip/miss some?

Also, I know about the Eviolite, Life Orb and the incenses, but which other later gen held items are in the game (for example, Choice Scarf/Specs, Flame/Toxic Orb, Rocky Helmet, etc).

Those items are also available in the game as held items for some Pokemon, all of them are coded and working like in later gens, they are also used by some NPCs(mostly bosses)

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Yeah, I realised later that the Raw Pokemon data in the documentation does clearly state what wild held items what Pokemon has, and that I can get Specs from a Wild Dragalge, Flame Orb from Heatmor, etc. Sorry for bothering you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A new update is out, here is the changelog
    Changelog 1.3.2
    -Updated the Pokedex to add more Features(This update was made by TheXaman and i only added it to the game)
    -Replaced Cut with a Headbutt like mechanic, now you don't need any badges but you need a pokemon with X move
    The moves that can be used are the following:
    Tackle,Wild Charge,Magnitude,Earthquake,Slam,Nature Power,Outrage,Wood Hammer,Head Charge
    ,Mach Punch,Giga Impact and Headbutt
    -Added Headbutt exclusive Pokemon on some routes
    -Now you don't need to press A to surf just jump into the water like any other tile to make navigation faster and easier
    -Bugfixes

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2021
    Download the document where it says the location of the items/pokemon please, I can't find the dracovish or the choice scarf

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just released a new update fixing some issues with the latest version and fixing the issues with MyBoy!
    Changelog 1.3.3
    -Fixed the bug with the Dexnav on Myboy! emulator for android and maybe other emulators
    -Removed Myboy! mode
    -Added a Perfect Ivs mode where all your pokemon and every trainer has perfect IVs(Access it at the start of the game)
    -Added a no Evs mode where no Pokemon gains Evs(Access it at the start of the game)
    -Now most of the trainers have a random party based on the route they are and the trainer class so the parties should still make sense
    -Added a Pokeball shortcut like newer games using the R button
    -After you beat a gym leader for the first time all the other leader will get ready for a rematch(as long as you have beaten them)
    -After you beat a gym leader on a rematch a random leader becomes available for a rematch
    -When you find a wild pokemon there is a change to get the first stages even when they are at high levels
    -You will only find evolved wild pokemon after you see the first stages to make using the dexnav easier
    -You now won't need to press A to walk slowly for the dexnav encounters
    -Changed the Wild pokemon table
    -Fixed the bug with headbutt and "missigno"
    -Changed the trees on the trick house to brekeable rocks
    -Removed some Strength rocks and Trees from some areas to make some pokemon available earlier in the game
    -Fixed Mimikyu glitch with recoil moves(wood hammer for example)
    -Changed the location of the Dynamic Punch tutor to Fallarbor(removing the Myboy! mode npc)
    -Changed some pokemon held items
    -Fixed the Surprise me option with the starter pokemon
    -Fixed some typos
    -Some other fixes i forgot about

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Hello, I've really been enjoying this rom and the open world aspect of it! I love the ability to build a diverse team non-linearly in the game.

Though, I seem to have issues with the wild numel on route 112. The dexnav says that they hold a red shard but on catching them they hold a rawst berry instead. I'm currently playing on 1.3.3 on pizzaboy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Hello, I've really been enjoying this rom and the open world aspect of it! I love the ability to build a diverse team non-linearly in the game.

Though, I seem to have issues with the wild numel on route 112. The dexnav says that they hold a red shard but on catching them they hold a rawst berry instead. I'm currently playing on 1.3.3 on pizzaboy.

the red shard is in Numel's rare item slot. meaning you only got around a 10% chance to actually get it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good night everyone, here is a new update fixing some issues with the latest version
    Changelog 1.3.3
    -Added a window on the start menu where you can see how to tooggle auto-run and your game version(Press left or right to change between windows)
    -Fixed the Tradeback guy glitch
    -Fixed the dexnav not showing the night encounters at night
    -Fixed the Hidden Pokemon not appearing and changed it to take 50 steps and hidden pokemon have a higher change of appearing
    -Fixed a vanilla Emerald glitch
    -Changed the Button for Auto-run to R on the Start Menu
    -Some other changes i probably forgot about
    Have fun finding some new glitches for me to fix
    Here is the link
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE_1.3.3.1.zip/file

Years
    • He, him
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    It seems I've stumbled across a bug in the battle engine. Normalize (signature ability of Delcatty line) doesn't work, at least in Inverse Mode it doesn't do anything. I don't know if the 20% boost is in effect or not, but the type of the used moves definitely do not change to normal. Normalize Delcatty's Ice Beam, for example, deals super effective damage to water types in Inverse.

Years
    • Seen today
    Where's the Magmarizer at? Found a Magby I wish to fully evolve. Also, Thunderstones are where? I looked in Lilycove Store, and nothing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He, him
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    @rioluwott, is there any way to get a Pokemon with Neutralizing Gas? The Raw base stats data suggests that for some reason Koffing and Weezing don't have it, but Galarian Weezing has it set as its 2nd Ability. I've yet to encounter a Galarian Weezing in the wild, and any Koffing I evolve into Galarian Weezing still has Levitate.

Where's the Magmarizer at? Found a Magby I wish to fully evolve. Also, Thunderstones are where? I looked in Lilycove Store, and nothing.

Both Thunderstone and Magmarizers (as well as other evolution stones and items needed for trade evos) are sold at Lilicove Dept Store 3F (lady at the right), BUT you need at least 6 badges for them to be available. Otherwise that counter sells other, more generic stuff. It's written in the FAQ as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He, him
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Also, there seems to be a pretty big oversight in the Inverse Battle mode: Flying types are immune to Ground moves even in Inverse when Ground should be Super Effective.

Back