• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
  • Seen yesterday

uUB03J4.png

Introduction
Pokémon R.O.W.E is my first published project started back in 2021 this game was made with the objective of being an open world version of Hoenn with a lot of Quality of Life changes to make teambuilding easy without having to breed for anything and a lot of replay value with a lot of modes that changes how you play the game and what kind of team you can use to beat the league since all the Pokémon are obtainable from the start so you can try any team you can think of, there are also a lot of features from future games like Wondertrade, Following Pokémon, Updated mechanics up to Gen 8, etc.

Features
  • Explore the region in any order you want.
  • Following Pokémon(450+ different species available)
  • Trainer Color Customization
  • Tons of QoL Changes to get your team without having to Breed to get good Ivs/Abilities
  • Egg Move Tutor
  • Mystery Gift System
  • New Game+
  • Multiple Title Screens
  • Achievements
  • Chose between 9 starters or get one randomly.
  • 3 Different Game Difficulties - Easy, Normal and Hard
  • Regional Music Options(Chose between Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn and Sinnoh Music)
  • Randomized Mode
  • Double Battle Mode(Every fight is a Double Battle)
  • Inverse Mode(Inverted type chart)
  • Perfect Ivs Mode(everything has 31 ivs)
  • No Evs mode(Nothing has evs)
  • Random Party Mode
  • Little Cup like mode
  • No need for HMs
  • In Game Wonder Trades
  • Nature Mints
  • A way to change the Poke Balls of already caught Mons
  • Pokémon from all the 8 Gens
  • Auto Run Options
  • Up to 120 Tms
  • Physical/Special Split(This can be removed by an In-game Mode)
  • Daily Gym Leader Rematches
  • Level scaling based on your number of badges with evolution system for both trainers and wild Pokémon
  • Re-Usable TMs
  • Mega Evolutions
  • Find rare Pokémon with the DexNav. (by ghoulslash's)
  • Gen 8 Flying Taxis from the beginning. (by surskitty)
  • Name Rater, Move Reminder, Move Deleter and Iv checker on all the Pokémon Centers.
  • Decapitalized Text. (by Wyrserth and AsparagusEdu)
  • Press B to Surf faster. (by ghoulslash)
  • Pokémon Clover Soft Level Cap in Hard Mode (by PokémonCrazy)
  • Gen 7 Daycare System
  • A beautiful and useful Pokedex. (by TheXaman)
  • Gen 6 Exp.Share that you can always turn off (by Lunos)
  • Fly without the need of the move by having a Pokémon that could learn it in your party (by Buffelsaft)
  • Eon Flute
  • And more...

Screenshots
fA5IBhw.png

p15qzdv.gif
GVUL2c2.gif
mAIDvHN.gif
EFiscLK.gif
WRi0xJv.gif
uGk7Qza.gif

Kanto Screenshots(To be added in a future update)
cllVnHY.png

Links
You can easily patch ROWE using the
Pokemon R.O.W.E. Online Patcher
you just need to provide a 1986 Pokemon Emerald (U)(Trash Man) rom and let this patcher do everything for you, it works on Windows, Android and IOs.
Discord Server Link
1.9.4 Source Code

How to Patch the Game
Patching Guide

Documentation
Spoiler:

FAQ
Spoiler:

What is not done
Spoiler:

Changelog
Spoiler:

Difficulty Modes and Game Modes
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Known Bugs
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Oh yes. New decomp romhack. Approved!

uo6xpdf7aww41.jpg

Nice to see another open world romhack. I hope it i as fun as others like Crystal Clear.

Years
That Pokedex looks crisp af. Definitely trying this out now!

EDIT: Suggestion, why not let us start with Gens 4-7 starters (or maybe Gen 8 if its in the game) considering this has an expanded Pokédex?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
This looks amazing! Just to clarify, can Gen 3 pokemon evolve into their Gen 4+ evos? Ex. Gallade, Duskinoir, Froslass, etc..?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah they can evolve, gen 3+ mons can also be encountered in the wild but im still working on that

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
hey so here's some notes to keep in mind, got up to beating Tate & Liza. My progression was Winona, Wattson, Flannery, Roxanne, Brawly, Norman, T&L

- !! Dive script is not working for me so I can't finish the game past Tate and Liza
- Guy who typically gives TM36 Sludge Bomb in Dewford after 5 badges/Norman does not show up, so my Roselia had no Poison stab
- There's no clear indication on where to get the newer evolution stones/items (Dusk Stone, Dawn Stone, Shiny Stone, Protector, etc..) so many of my Pokemon could not be fully evolved by my 7th gym badge, nor was there an Eviolite available so sometimes they held my team back
- TM27 Return is given twice, once in Fallabar from Prof. Cozmo, and once in Pacifilog
- Pokemon that should learn a move upon evolving don't learn the move. For example, my Combusken should have learned Double Kick at 16, but because it evolved from Torchic at that level, I did not receive the prompt to teach it Double Kick.
- Lack of an Exp. Share due to Steven's Letter quest not existing.
- Lack of access to New Mauville due to Wattson's quest not existing.
- Alolan Vulpix cannot learn certain moves that every Pokemon gets, such as Protect I believe (if not Protect, Hidden Power); not sure if it is just A-Vulpix, regional formes, or an Alola Pokemon issue, but TM compatibility for newer Pokemon should be checked

and then besides those bugs, here are just some recommendation notes, not necessarily anything thats needed to be fixed, but would improve the game
- Move Tutors only teach once, unlike TMs. I know fixing this is as simple as the Infinite TM script if im not mistaken.
- Many Pokemon lack decent movesets, as they rely on modern TMs like Dark Pulse, Poison Jab, Dazzling Gleam, etc.. while some are just for viability, some Pokemon, especially Poison types, often lack a usable stab for their preferred offensive stat or in general, so potentially adding TMs or relearner moves to those who need coverage.
- This may take a bunch of effort, and is not neccessary at all, but potentially updating movesets to USUM or SWSH may help alleviate the previous note's issue, as most of these current movesets in-game are from XY or ORAS.
- Providing a Wild Pokemon/Item info document would really be neat too for effective team building.

Overall, this is an amazing beta, I was really impressed by how much fun I had team building. While the wild pokemon curve can get annoying, and Norman was a pretty hard match compared to other leaders, I thoroughly enjoyed this open world version of Hoenn, and once some of the bugs are fixed, I can see myself replaying this a bunch of times. Good work!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Also, the cycling road route had Helioisk/Helioptile found in the water, don't know if that was intentional or not

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Sorry one more thing I forgot, the shops all had the same item list since before getting one badge, the scaling did not effect any shop except Dewford and Pacifilog which had the correct items lists.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Im currently working on fixing most of the issues, so i will upload an update later today, the evolution items are sold on lilycove after getting the sixth badge.
You can get into sootopolis without needing dive by talking to archie outside the big white rock(but i will fix dive anyway)

EDIT: The update is out now, tell me if you find any bug

Last edited:

Pqs

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2021
Cheats doesn't seem to work, tried Emerald, Ruby and Fire Ree cheats

Also, Mauville gym is bugged, if you battle against Watson and your pokemon is defeated, or you try to switch them, or try to use the bag the screen will go black, and then you can't get out of that black scrren, loved the rom, please fix that!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
I've been hooked with Clear Crystal so I wanted a GBA counterpart of that game and I finally found it!! Hope you'll keep updating it more and more because this looks like one of the best projects I've seen in a while!

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry for the lack of updates, i have been busy litely but i think i will have more free time now.
My current plan for this hack is to redo everything from scratch, since i made this hack to become familiar with the Pokemon emerald code it had a lot of weir bugs, unfinished stuff. Since the gen 8 update for the pokemon expansion is starting to roll out im going to use that so i think the next version will have gen 8 mons but it will take a while to complete, any suggestion for the next version would be appreciated and considered.
on a side note, would anyone would like to do a gen 3 version of this?, i mean without using the pokemon expansion, and item expansion for those who liked the gen 3 mechanics.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Here are some suggestions:
-A way to check your Pokemon's EV's and IV's
-Evolution items being buyable in Lilycove City
-A Genetic Code Mapping System like the one from Pokemon Emerald Enhanced

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
Sorry for the lack of updates, i have been busy litely but i think i will have more free time now.
My current plan for this hack is to redo everything from scratch, since i made this hack to become familiar with the Pokemon emerald code it had a lot of weir bugs, unfinished stuff. Since the gen 8 update for the pokemon expansion is starting to roll out im going to use that so i think the next version will have gen 8 mons but it will take a while to complete, any suggestion for the next version would be appreciated and considered.
on a side note, would anyone would like to do a gen 3 version of this?, i mean without using the pokemon expansion, and item expansion for those who liked the gen 3 mechanics.

Although it's not pretty to say, I think you should look at some of the features Crystal Clear has.. For example, when starting in a city, instead of generating in front of the Pkmn Center, it would be prettier to generate in the nearest "secret cave" (the ones with the indentation in the rock)
Or, like I already anticipated you, giving a wider selection to choose the starter from, instead of the classic water/grass/fire trio!
And in general, the rematch feature for the gyms in which you can choose the team to face!

In general, there are so many features you could add little by little, it's like a sandbox!

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Here are some suggestions:
-A way to check your Pokemon's EV's and IV's
-Evolution items being buyable in Lilycove City
-A Genetic Code Mapping System like the one from Pokemon Emerald Enhanced
I have to take a look at Pokemon Emerald Enhanced to see how it works, but i was planning adding a way to get 31 IV mons easily.
You can buy evolution items in Lilycove after you get 6 badges there.
Although it's not pretty to say, I think you should look at some of the features Crystal Clear has.. For example, when starting in a city, instead of generating in front of the Pkmn Center, it would be prettier to generate in the nearest "secret cave" (the ones with the indentation in the rock)
Or, like I already anticipated you, giving a wider selection to choose the starter from, instead of the classic water/grass/fire trio!
And in general, the rematch feature for the gyms in which you can choose the team to face!

In general, there are so many features you could add little by little, it's like a sandbox!
I haven´t played crystal clear in a lot of time i think the last version i played was the one that included following mons, how does those secret caves work?
yeah other starters would be good since adding all the starter up to gen 8 would be a lot and boring choices so i would redo the whole starter list

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
I haven´t played crystal clear in a lot of time i think the last version i played was the one that included following mons, how does those secret caves work?
yeah other starters would be good since adding all the starter up to gen 8 would be a lot and boring choices so i would redo the whole starter list

I haven't played 3rd gen much, but if I recall correctly there are some indentations in certain walls that, upon interacting with them, become a secret base that you can decorate in any way you want! If anyone can explain better than I can, please do 🤣

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
Are you planning on editing some pokemon's stats/movesets to make them more viable or will you keep it vanilla?

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I want to make some changes to some bad mons, like ledian for example
i may take some changes from drayano hacks since im fan of his games

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
Fair enough! Please give some love to my boy Unown as well 😭

Back