• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Days
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Hello, I started my playthrough a few days ago, I'm starting to worry about my Pokémon EVs, is there any document or database that indicates which wild Pokémon gives which EV?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hello, I started my playthrough a few days ago, I'm starting to worry about my Pokémon EVs, is there any document or database that indicates which wild Pokémon gives which EV?
You can use Serebii.net. ROWE uses official EV's for Pokemon.

If you need to remove the EV's (all of them) Press Select (Or Start, I can't remember which.)

If you only want to remove specific EV's, head over to Lavaridge town and buy the happiness berries that lower EV's. They're cheap.

The Power items are available at the start. In ROWE, if you're holding one, it'll only gain that specific EV tied to the Power item. Macho Brace is whatever you earn ×10.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello I am really picky with hackroms because I played a lot of them, but this one is really fun! Congrats to the creator

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2024
Is there a way of playing this hack, but only have Gens 1-3 in the game? I'm really looking for an open-world hack that keeps most of Gen 3 battle mechanics (ex: pre physical-special split) and Pokemons, but it looks like only the pre physical-special mode split is currently available in this hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Is there a way of playing this hack, but only have Gens 1-3 in the game? I'm really looking for an open-world hack that keeps most of Gen 3 battle mechanics (ex: pre physical-special split) and Pokemons, but it looks like only the pre physical-special mode split is currently available in this hack?
Correct. It's the whole package together.

Years
  • Seen today
Hello everyone, today I have 2 big news that I would like to talk about

The first one is the the next update is stated to be ROWE 2.0, I will try to make the new version as great as possible and add a lot of stuff that people should like, what this update will include will be a secret for now but you can see some screenshots in ⁠dev-updates as I upload them so look forward them, since this update will be big it will be the first time in this game history where we will wipe save files to add save space for more stuff since I have been running out of space for a while(save space, not rom space they are different things)

And the second things is that Pokémon R.O.W.E. 1.9.4 is going open source starting today, the source code can be found in ⁠resources and below this post, this code will not have a commit history or any kind of anti-cheat added in, you can modify it in any way you want and even share forks with the community, I will open another channel to talk about the source code or get help there(I may be slow on answering questions so I hope you have patience if you want my help directly), I will also create a channel in the discord server where you can share all the different forks you make for people to play, make sure to share patches instead of rom however, this source code will not be updated since R.O.W.E. 2.0 will be closed source yet again until we get to another point where I will create a big update that needs wiping saves
The game is still being worked on and there are no plans of calling it complete yet so look forward to more new updates
here is the source code link: https://github.com/BelialClover/RoweSource/tree/main

Years
  • Seen today
Hello everyone today I have some news regarding the source code, as some people would like to make their own version of R.O.W.E. but don't have any programming knowledge or a pc to build the game, thanks to Ydarissep for helping with setting up this and Furee Mareeplijah for documenting the process for everyone to use we have updated the source code repo so you can build it on any device and modify it only using an internet browser on a pc, phone, mac, potato to change and build the game, you will get a BPS file that you can use to patch your own version of emerald, I hope we can see more people modifying the game now and share their forks with the community
the instructions were added to the documentation of the game, if you need help ask in ⁠source-discussion
here is the documentation link:
and the source code link:

Days
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Hello everyone today I have some news regarding the source code, as some people would like to make their own version of R.O.W.E. but don't have any programming knowledge or a pc to build the game, thanks to Ydarissep for helping with setting up this and Furee Mareeplijah for documenting the process for everyone to use we have updated the source code repo so you can build it on any device and modify it only using an internet browser on a pc, phone, mac, potato to change and build the game, you will get a BPS file that you can use to patch your own version of emerald, I hope we can see more people modifying the game now and share their forks with the community
the instructions were added to the documentation of the game, if you need help ask in ⁠source-discussion
here is the documentation link:
and the source code link:
I have been looking into ROM hacking myself because I would love to add a new NPC with her own side quest into vanilla Emerald, but someone directed me here. Would this open source allow me to add NPCs and side quest to the vanilla game?

Years
  • Seen today
Hello everyone, today I would like to make the 9k users announcements since we are about to reach it, and basically the announcement is that
Husian mons will be available in the 2.0 update letting you use all of them from the stat, and
the second announcement is that something similar to PLA Styles will be coming to Pokémon ROWE letting you modify the base stats of your mons at will in the summary screen after your mon reaches a certain level.
Look forward the new update coming sometimes this year
UbQ3NYA.png

Days
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Hello !
My first post here.
I tried Pokemon R.O.W.E. with my son and it seems awesome.

But... I had the same alert on my both emulators (pizza boy on android and visualboyadvance-m) about a "timer prescaler" check failed
Should I be worried? => I also noticed some crashed when I open the menu (with <start>).

2024-03-21 09_07_24-Pokemon_ROWE_v1.9.4 - VisualBoyAdvance-M 2.1.9.png

Thanks!

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen yesterday
Hello !
My first post here.
I tried Pokemon R.O.W.E. with my son and it seems awesome.

But... I had the same alert on my both emulators (pizza boy on android and visualboyadvance-m) about a "timer prescaler" check failed
Should I be worried? => I also noticed some crashed when I open the menu (with <start>).

View attachment 156480

Thanks!
should've read the documentation google sheet. those emulators are not supported.

Years
  • Seen today
Hello everyone, today I would like to make the an special announcements, the new update will include some new species that we never saw in any Pokemon game, with the help of our friends at Pocketpair I would like to announce that the next update will include 111 Pals from the popular franchise Palworld into Pokemon R.O.W.E. thanks to an special collaboration between Pocketpair and R.O.W.E. team, the game will now be called Palworld R.O.W.E and will release sometime this winter, look forward to it and remember to enjoy our game
Edit: Happy April fools day!
MUlqMTN.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Hello everyone, today I would like to make the an special announcements, the new update will include some new species that we never saw in any Pokemon game, with the help of our friends at Pocketpair I would like to announce that the next update will include 111 Pals from the popular franchise Palworld into Pokemon R.O.W.E. thanks to an special collaboration between Pocketpair and R.O.W.E. team, the game will now be called Palworld R.O.W.E and will release sometime this winter, look forward to it and remember to enjoy our game
So is this just an April Fool's joke, or are you actually going to make a version with Palworld creatures?

Back