• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Just Released a little update with some fixes to the Dexnav as well as adding in-game Randomizing Mode
    Changelog:
    -In-Game randomizing mode added for Wild Pokemon(it can't be turned off, you get asked at the start of the game if you want it)with Evolution check so you won't get underleveled evolved pokemon, Trainer randomizing is not in the game but if enough people want it i will add it to the next update, the Dexnav is disabled in this mode to avoid problems
    -Breeding should now work with Hidden abilities(has around 60% of passing down the mother ability or father if you are using a ditto)
    -Dexnav Ivs should now work properly
    -Minor bug fixes

Jeez this is a ton of updates lately, are you even getting sleep?? Fantastic work :D
    If anything i worry that people will get angry since i do a lot of updates and they have to update a lot, but i don't like having bugs and sometimes while im working on fixes and i look at the code i get an idea about how to implement something new
    By the way, its 12am where i live but im doing this to study since my programming classes won't teach me that much

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    I just started playing today, this hack is amazing the quality of life, the modernization, the features, I'm having a blast so far. I noticed a few text overflows, and Castform disappearing when it changed forms, but otherwise the only glaring thing to me is that my starter meowth isn't evolving, its level 29 now and no dice, its still a meowth.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I just released a little update updating the pokedex by TheXaman
    Changelog 1.0.7.3
    -Updated the pokedex to the latests version, now includes information regarding evolution methods and different pokemon forms
    -When cutting down a tree there is a chance to get attacked by a wild pokemon or get a random berry(i may do something similar for fossils later on with rock smash)
    Here is the link to the Pokedex if you want to use it on your game or praise the creator since his works are really good and have a clean code
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=441996

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    I just started playing today, this hack is amazing the quality of life, the modernization, the features, I'm having a blast so far. I noticed a few text overflows, and Castform disappearing when it changed forms, but otherwise the only glaring thing to me is that my starter meowth isn't evolving, its level 29 now and no dice, its still a meowth.

All starters evolve at level 30 :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    found out a couple of minor bugs

-when a wild Kecleon uses Camouflage, a strange string of text appears (the move functions as it should and there is no game breaking shenanigans, just a visual bug)
    -When breeding, the regional variants aren't passed down - I tried giving an everstone to both a male and female parent with a Ditto, but the offspring is always the Kanto variant (Tried both with Diglett and Geodude)

Edit: -When evolving a Snorunt with Ice Body ability into a Froslass, it says that Froslass has no ability; also, giving it an Ability Capsule has no effect

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    You haven't updated the wild encounters list. At Route 101, there are numerous reports of wild Mudkip and Dedenne...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    You haven't updated the wild encounters list. At Route 101, there are numerous reports of wild Mudkip and Dedenne...

The encounter list will be updated after every major update, little changes will have to wait a little since it takes some time to do it every time
    Location of exp share?

You get the Exp.Share after beating the 6th badge, i will list the items you get from the gym leaders so it won't be future confusion

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    @rioluwott Just want to drop in and say thank you for all the work because this is hella amazing! Also, have you thought about making a discord for this?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    @rioluwott Just want to drop in and say thank you for all the work because this is hella amazing! Also, have you thought about making a discord for this?

Im new to discord but i made a server to be able to discuss the game or get suggestions/bug reports or simply talking about anything
    Here is the invite if someone wants to join, i may post previews of future features there
    https://discord.gg/jAwrA3Ee

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Just got the latest version (1.7.0.3), and the Dexnav hardlocks the game in several areas (Route 103, 104, Petalburg Woods, etc.).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Just found the reason regarding the Dexnav various hardlocks in the game, it seems it was a problem with the patcher i was using so im releasing an "update" fixing this, while i haven't changed anything codewise i used other patcher to make the ups file and it should work.
    Since i used the rom that i build myself i never encountered that gamebreaking bug thats why it took me so long to fix it, sorry about that
    Here is the link
    Download
    im updating the main post with this file, and im gonna use this patcher from now on

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Tried the new patcher, still hardlocks, but only during the day, same with the previous patcher. I use VBA as my emulator, if that helps.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Tried the new patcher, still hardlocks, but only during the day, same with the previous patcher. I use VBA as my emulator, if that helps.

Try mgba to see if that helps, i downloaded it just to test it and i got a lot of errors with the audio so maybe its a problem with compability between emulators since the original VBA its really old(i remember using it around 16 years ago) you can also try VBA-M

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    A little update is out adding inverse mode making all type effectiveness the opposite

Changelog 1.0.7.4
    -Added Inverse mode(you can select it in the start of the game)
    -Randomized mode now checks that you don't get a legendary pokemon encounter
    -Randomized mode now works on trainers and have the same checks as wild pokemon
    -Fixed Flannery rematch using Wattson team
    -There is now a little chance to get a double wild battle anywhere(around 5%)

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    I might have done something wrong but how are we supposed to gain access to Sky Pillar?
    I have defeated the League, gotten the Magma Emblem, beaten both Groudon and Kyogre but Sky Pillar remains locked.
    I can only imagine i did things in a weird order or something might not be working right.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I might have done something wrong but how are we supposed to gain access to Sky Pillar?
    I have defeated the League, gotten the Magma Emblem, beaten both Groudon and Kyogre but Sky Pillar remains locked.
    I can only imagine i did things in a weird order or something might not be working right.

Sky pillar was locked on purpose, i will reopen it when i make a sidequest for that

EDIT: Just added Important NPC, Gift Pokemon and Important Item Locations to the documentation in the first post in anyone wants to take a look

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    Pretty good hack so far, kudos.
    By the way my game freezes when I try to evolve my Alolan Diglett, is there a way to avoid this or should I keep my Diglett unevolved?

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Great game, but my only complaint is that when grass rustles for when you encounter an unknown Pokemon is that it stops way too soon. I'll be two tiles away when I walk towards it and it will stop. It's very frustrating.

Years
    • Seen today
    Great game, but my only complaint is that when grass rustles for when you encounter an unknown Pokemon is that it stops way too soon. I'll be two tiles away when I walk towards it and it will stop. It's very frustrating.

Actually, you can sneak up to the rustling grass by holding down the A button.

Last edited:
    Back