• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Interest Check] Pokemon Ranger Mystery RP?

Years
  • I have an idea for a Ranger rp and I'm trying to gauge interest. There's a main goal that will be introduced while still allowing people to have the freedom to roleplay as rangers as they wish.

As a Ranger you'll of course be limited to your 1 partner pokemon.

It'll have a light stats system where there will be some "rolling". My plan for this is that certain interactions (mainly relating to the story) will require certain rolls against your stats which I will roll as the GM to determine outcome. These rolls will be boosted by the assistance of other rangers nearby to encourage working together when necessary. I don't want this to restrict the creative writing side of the roleplay, so it won't influence "battles" or things like that. Hopefully it won't be too clunky!

The setting will be an island or possibly small archipelago, I've not yet fully decided.

There will be a small hierarchy within the RP with the Top ranger being a player (who reports to some council or board which I intend to use as my way of 'organically' introducing plot points) as well as the Area Rangers and a small selection of Student Rangers that will be attached to an Area Trainer. Your "rank" will determine your start ranges.

I've been slowly working away at the ooc thread and I'm looking to see how many people would be interested in participating. I appreciate I've not put in too many details here, but I don't want to spoil too much! And I also want to make sure I've got a clear direction for everything too! I'm still a bit aways from posting the thread, but putting this out here.

Let me know what you all think of the idea!

Back