• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger Shadows Of Alimia has been corrupted and I don't know why

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Please tell me there is a way to fix this
    I was in the middle of a looooping I think. It just happend yet my brain don't remember what was happening in the game. I dropped this fat leap frog Stylus because I couldn't find my DS stylus and I was being stupid and tossing it up less then a foot and trying to catch it then it fell on my 3DS and the screen just froze so I clicked the home button and went back. Then I turned my 3DS off because for some reason it wouldn't go back to home. When I went back to the game it said your save was corrupted. I was distraught. I still am. I feel worse by the second. Please tell me I can fix this. I don't know what happend. Just got the game yesterday and was really far into it because the game is super addicting and I don't want to have to start over. I wasn't using hacks. I never played the game before and was super excited to just play. I was having so much fun. I'm such an idiot. Please tell me not all hope is lost.
    New 3DS XL is the one I'm playing on if that helps.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Please tell me there is a way to fix this
    I was in the middle of a looooping I think. It just happend yet my brain don't remember what was happening in the game. I dropped this fat leap frog Stylus because I couldn't find my DS stylus and I was being stupid and tossing it up less then a foot and trying to catch it then it fell on my 3DS and the screen just froze so I clicked the home button and went back. Then I turned my 3DS off because for some reason it wouldn't go back to home. When I went back to the game it said your save was corrupted. I was distraught. I still am. I feel worse by the second. Please tell me I can fix this. I don't know what happend. Just got the game yesterday and was really far into it because the game is super addicting and I don't want to have to start over. I wasn't using hacks. I never played the game before and was super excited to just play. I was having so much fun. I'm such an idiot. Please tell me not all hope is lost.
    New 3DS XL is the one I'm playing on if that helps.

If nobody is going to reply can you atleast tell me how to hypnotize or brainwash myself to forget everything I know about the game so I can play it like new again?

Years
  • Unfortunately, if a game cartridge's save file gets corrupted, there's not usually a lot you can do to get it back. It can happen for any number of reasons, so the only thing you can do in the future is make sure you're careful when playing around with your game.

And you have to give people some time to reply- forums like ours aren't active all times of the day, so sometimes it may be a little bit until someone has an answer for you. As for hypnotization, have you tried evolving a Drowzee?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Unfortunately, if a game cartridge's save file gets corrupted, there's not usually a lot you can do to get it back. It can happen for any number of reasons, so the only thing you can do in the future is make sure you're careful when playing around with your game.

And you have to give people some time to reply- forums like ours aren't active all times of the day, so sometimes it may be a little bit until someone has an answer for you. As for hypnotization, have you tried evolving a Drowzee?

No I haven't tried evolving Drowzee. I do it now.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • There's usually no way to recover corrupted data. I don't think Pokemon Ranger has save data backups either...so you might have to start over, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    It happened again. I didn't even do anything. This is so stupid. I was SO far. I want to die. Please kill me. Can I do anything now. I haven't left the game.

What about if I haven't left the game. It just randomly froze. It looks like it glitched out. Could this possibly be the game? Did the previous owner break it or something. I can show show a picture. Want a picture of the screen???

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Do you possibly have a picture of the cartridge itself (front and back)? If you bought it second hand, it's always possible that it could be a bootleg copy, especially if you bought it from a site like eBay. Could very well be that the previous owner didn't take care of it as well as they should have, too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    Oh no it's real. I got it from GameStop. I don't trust those online sites.

Do you possibly have a picture of the cartridge itself (front and back)? If you bought it second hand, it's always possible that it could be a bootleg copy, especially if you bought it from a site like eBay. Could very well be that the previous owner didn't take care of it as well as they should have, too.

It's a real copy. I got it from GameStop. I don't trust those online sites. The cartridge itself looked fine. I just don't get why this is happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • [ Mimi ]

These things can happen with video games. We wound up loosing all our Pokemon to an accident involving our Alpha Sapphire cartridge, which we had every Pokemon we ever caught on at the time, which made us loose all interest in the franchise for a few years. Sometimes you just need to start over and try your best to get to where you were before, not doing anything about it makes it just kind of fester.

There may be some methods to see if it's a problem with your cart, or if something just happened because when you dropped it it hit the cart in the "sweet spot". If you bought it second hand, you may want to see if your game is a bootleg. You could also probably try starting over and try to replicate what happened to corrupt it (I guess maybe restarting in the middle of a capture?) and basically just see if it happened again. If it's bad cart, maybe you could return it?

Back