• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
  • I had to nerf Ledian recently, be sure to tell me how you like it.

Brief feedback re: Ledian--I'm not sure that it was too powerful before, rather I think it seemed that way because it reached it's final evo so early. A strong, fully evolved pokemon at level 18 is pretty damn powerful.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Brief feedback re: Ledian--I'm not sure that it was too powerful before, rather I think it seemed that way because it reached it's final evo so early. A strong, fully evolved pokemon at level 18 is pretty damn powerful.

I didn't hit it super hard. It still has Iron Fist and good attack.

Just not great attack and Iron Fist.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    yeah the aftermath thing alone is a nightmare, I mean if one were to try to catch anything with that ability and if for some screwed up reason if any of them have a move like Recover, you'd not only waste hours trying to catch it but it can basically waste your whole team without letting you have a chance to even throw a single pokeball lol.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    yeah the aftermath thing alone is a nightmare, I mean if one were to try to catch anything with that ability and if for some screwed up reason if any of them have a move like Recover, you'd not only waste hours trying to catch it but it can basically waste your whole team without letting you have a chance to even throw a single pokeball lol.

Serious enough for me to patch out aftermath till I/they fix it. UPDATED BETA 1-2.rar.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Um. Did you intend to turn the Blissey from the pokemon centers into Slowking? Whats more I got a crash going into a battle because somehow weather doesn't exist.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Um. Did you intend to turn the Blissey from the pokemon centers into Slowking? Whats more I got a crash going into a battle because somehow weather doesn't exist.

Battle crash fixed.

UPDATED. Demo 1-2.rar Needed!

Pokemon that learn Heal Pulse are now in Pokemon Centers.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Ah ok that makes sense, the heal pulse users I mean.

Another thing, my Ivysaur's Offer move does zero damage despite the description saying it's special-based normal attack with a base of 55. It instead acts the same as Attract.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Ah ok that makes sense, the heal pulse users I mean.

Another thing, my Ivysaur's Offer move does zero damage despite the description saying it's special-based normal attack with a base of 55. It instead acts the same as Attract.

Noted, replacing with swift for now. Phase 2 will be online in a week or two.

Replace Data with this, http://a.pomf.se/tirlzt.rar, you'll get Swift at 19.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    well my ivysaur is level 24 now but that's a good thing if I find a move re-learner anytime soon.

Hmm, another bug. The bikers after you beat Misty have one set that refuses to move toward you when spotted,a nd as such the battle doesn't begin. The game doesn't crash, but it acts like it freezes at that point. The biker in question is the second set on the far left side of the berry patches south of Cerulean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Hmm, another bug. The bikers after you beat Misty have one set that refuses to move toward you when spotted,a nd as such the battle doesn't begin. The game doesn't crash, but it acts like it freezes at that point. The biker in question is the second set on the far left side of the berry patches south of Cerulean.

Walk on the tile closest to that pair. I fixed them earlier but didn't replace all of the events. UPDATED. DEMO 1-2.rar NEEDED.

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    bsCgaPQ.png

Dex Slot 100 reached in Phase 2!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    speaking of the Krabby/Kingler duo I discovered Tickle has the same problem as Curse as it causes a non-fatal error when used. I don't think its so much the animation now but the fact multiple stats are affected since Curse on non-ghosts ups attack and deense while cutting speed while tickle drops attack and defense.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    speaking of the Krabby/Kingler duo I discovered Tickle has the same problem as Curse as it causes a non-fatal error when used. I don't think its so much the animation now but the fact multiple stats are affected since Curse on non-ghosts ups attack and deense while cutting speed while tickle drops attack and defense.

Fixed for both! Will upload later.

Thank you for reporting. :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Thank you for playing and the encouraging feedback. :)

I do leave lots of dev stuff and don't bug test enough, but I'd rather have the feedback on the Pokemon changes now rather than do them and have everyone hate it.

If you've enjoyed Pewter City, wait till real events happen! I only get better at eventing as the game goes on. There are lots of trades everywhere too, I do that to add more pokemon rather then clutter up the wild.

Does your Teddiursa have Guts? You can buy Flame Orbs in Celadon. ;)

I had to nerf Ledian recently, be sure to tell me how you like it.

You can catch Pikachu with Light Balls in the forest, if you're willing to hunt. Or mine for a Stone. But don't use those before Misty unless you want a easy time.

I'm not happy with the Woobat changes, but It didn't have a lot to work with...

Squirtle is a bro. You'll love him.

Yea Squirtle is great so far & I really like Woobat actually & I just switched out Ledian for Riolu, so the team is shaping up pretty well. The only minor thing I noticed is that even though Potions say they heal for 25 points it's still only healing for 20 points like in the main games.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Yea Squirtle is great so far & I really like Woobat actually & I just switched out Ledian for Riolu, so the team is shaping up pretty well. The only minor thing I noticed is that even though Potions say they heal for 25 points it's still only healing for 20 points like in the main games.

?

Just used one in battle and the field. Worked fine and restored 25 HP.

You should update to a new Demo 1-2.rar if you haven't.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    ?

Just used one in battle and the field. Worked fine and restored 25 HP.

You should update to a new Demo 1-2.rar if you haven't.

I don't know, I thought it was all updated, it only did 20 HP in battle but 25 in the field, I'll have to double check & make sure everything is all updated to be sure.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    I just did it and it was 25 for both. Let me upload what I have now.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 37
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I've taken a small break from this to play some rom hacks again but I'm curious; where do I find the EV reducing berries? Are they some of the berries mom asks you to grow on the berry farm? If so I would suppose that would make sense.

Also did you ever consider doing minigames for EV training if you haven't already? Something similar to the 6th gen's super training I mean. I actually envision something like the pokethlon for EV training since it makes so much sense. In fact the addition of a pokethlon dome in general can add some replay value too (though that might be tricky since the only place with enough room is Saffron City and you likely got something set in stone for that by now).

I mention this because you could not only do like the actual events there for the pokethlon championship but if you were to add an event training station as well that can act as like Super Training where depending on how well you perform in a training event you get like somewhere between 8-16 EVs for a stat relevant to the event in question.

Of course that may be a ton of extra work I figured I'd mention it for the heck of it.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    I've taken a small break from this to play some rom hacks again but I'm curious; where do I find the EV reducing berries? Are they some of the berries mom asks you to grow on the berry farm? If so I would suppose that would make sense.

Also did you ever consider doing minigames for EV training if you haven't already? Something similar to the 6th gen's super training I mean. I actually envision something like the pokethlon for EV training since it makes so much sense. In fact the addition of a pokethlon dome in general can add some replay value too (though that might be tricky since the only place with enough room is Saffron City and you likely got something set in stone for that by now).

I mention this because you could not only do like the actual events there for the pokethlon championship but if you were to add an event training station as well that can act as like Super Training where depending on how well you perform in a training event you get like somewhere between 8-16 EVs for a stat relevant to the event in question.

Of course that may be a ton of extra work I figured I'd mention it for the heck of it.

I look forward to ya playing it again. :)

Mom will reward you with two or three types of random berries every time you help her. You can gain all the berries that way, while farming cash!

I've seen the Punching bag minigame FL posted and thought that'd be a great way to do EV train. I do not know if I'll do that for this game...

But, we made it to the showcase! Woo! Just in time for the first pass of Phase 2 Rebalancing to be done. We're Kanto compete!

The tentative new BSTs and movesets! All feedback welcome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZtoTBCla8SAHPANgq8HZXGS7bgZAbTu9zUmMKWpnWy8/edit?usp=sharing

And the new moves!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vykW7dfCZEQ07obf36dc-mUgNZgpY-5XoWTBdbxSDrI/edit?usp=sharing

Back