• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 372 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I found another fork of Red/Blue DX but this one does not have challenge plus mode and some of the obsolete code has been updated; also includes the sucker punch bugfix

I'm the author of that fork, for now it's basically just CaptainSwag101's (may his soul be blessed) with additional cleanup so that it doesn't print 163538 error messages while building the ROMs, and a light rework of game modes.

In the original, Challenge+ mode removes stat exp but also the Lucky Egg item. I found the second change pretty annoying given how much of a grindfest the game becomes after the fourth badge, so i just tweaked Challenge mode as "no stat exp, Lucky Egg enabled".

Days
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I'm the author of that fork, for now it's basically just CaptainSwag101's (may his soul be blessed) with additional cleanup so that it doesn't print 163538 error messages while building the ROMs, and a light rework of game modes.

In the original, Challenge+ mode removes stat exp but also the Lucky Egg item. I found the second change pretty annoying given how much of a grindfest the game becomes after the fourth badge, so i just tweaked Challenge mode as "no stat exp, Lucky Egg enabled".
That sound amazing. This hackrom is my all time favorite and I'd like to modify it a little bit, starting from your version.
But when I try to compile your fork I have the following error message :

"
make: python2: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: ligne 1: python2 : commande introuvable
make: *** [Makefile:76: red/audio.o] Error 127
"
I installed the python3 setuptool and such on Cigwin as there is no python2 library available on it, have you any idea how I can proceed to succeed? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem (refer to page 12)

EDIT : managed to succeed. Downloaded the 2.7 python version by myself, then the rgbds 2.5 (current versions doesn't work) and then add cygwin to the path. Thank you chatgpt (wich explained me a lot a things), I'm happy now.

Thanks !

Last edited:
Years
I was gonna play this, but I am very turned off by all those version exclusives. It's not even like I can inject them into my game with PKhex. What am I expected to do. Patch both a Blue and Red rom, play twice, and trade the exclusives I want to use on my team over? I genuinely don't get the point of having version exclusives in a rom hack.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I was gonna play this, but I am very turned off by all those version exclusives. It's not even like I can inject them into my game with PKhex. What am I expected to do. Patch both a Blue and Red rom, play twice, and trade the exclusives I want to use on my team over? I genuinely don't get the point of having version exclusives in a rom hack.
The "version exclusive" mons still have a chance to appear in either game, it's just a very low encounter rate. You'll end up chancing into them while grinding in tall grass.

Years

I'm wondering if you're generous enough to perhaps post the ips patches there on your github page, so that others may just download the ips patches.

I just don't have the time & energy right now to build & compile the patches myself cuz of my busy schedule

Back