• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 372 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Sorry to double post, but I've noticed an oddity with the "Blue Deluxe" patches which isn't present in the Red one. All the Pokémon you encounter/starter have the "Psn" status hut it doesn't do damage. The biggest issue is that the status covers up the level of the Pokémon you are going up against.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Great hack! Too many nice features, from fast text to buyable TMs!

I have only a few complains:
  1. I completed Challenge mode, but level scaling level gain was too big, specially on early game, when I haven't a full party. I almost became stuck on Cerulean, since rival blocks me on the bridge.
  2. Ominous Wind was a power 60 move with 5 PP without effect.
  3. No option for using Red/Blue backsprites.
  4. Instead of "version Blue uses Green sprites" rule, mixed Green sprites for some pokémon.
  5. Only a single GYM Leader rematch.
  6. Misty doesn't uses a Starmie on first battle.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hey, does anyone know here I can find a Shiny stone in Blue Deluxe? I have a level 48 floette which I'm dying to evolve. If anyone knows, can you please tell me? Thank you!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 24, 2020
Hey. I've found a game crippling glitch that has DESTROYED the ability to catch pokémon subsequently.
I've been playing this hack for a while and only now have I had to change box: When I do there is literally all my boxes full of glitch pokémon, I can't release them because there's guaranteed to be at least one glitch pokemon that crashes the game, catching any new pokemon with a glitch box selected will cause a game crash, the only useable box is box 1, and as soon as you switch box to the only free box left (at this point was 7), it causes box 1 and 7 to instantly corrupt.

If you need more info, screenshots etc.
Please say so, I'm not going to post them now in case this bug somehow won't get fixed. I'll post them if it's necessary.
-L0ST

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Has anyone gotten this to work on psp emulator yet? I can get it to work on the e[mulator] but it doesn't have any sound and I really want to play this game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Has anyone gotten this to work on psp emulator yet? I can get it to work on the e[mulator] but it doesn't have any sound and I really want to play this game.

I haven't tried this one on psp yet, but EmuMaster 3.00 has always been reliable for me.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
This hack is great, thank you for it, now i can catch my army of 7 Eeveelutions (and Joltik/Alakazam) in a gen 1 game

Last edited:

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Only thing I don't like about this hack is how the soundtrack is dependant on the difficulty patch you use, a lot of the Gen 2 remixes are only avaliable in the harder patches. This is just a personal gripe though so don't mind me.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I just dont like the idea of new pokemons (if u just leave it 150) this hack would be the perfect gen 1 hack

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
Hi! I would really love to play this game but everytime I click on the download link it does not work. Please Help!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
Sorry for the late reply, mate! I read your post earlier but I forgot to answer you!

Here, I downloaded the .rar and I've uploaded to my own MediaFire account.
I hope it helps you and anyone else who could have your same problem!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6rxt2i9zpn0hai7/Red_%26_Blue_DX_1.09.rar/file

I'm not sharing this link out of this forum.

I've read this game's patch distribution is not authorized for other sites than PokeCommunity, Pokemon Reborn or Skeetendo.

I'm sharing it only HERE in PokeCommunity.

If I'm not even allowed to host HERE an alternative link to download, let me know and I'll delete it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I've decided to replay this game again..

I had reported a few years ago that Sucker Punch was glitched and I remember how this screw up Elite Four Agatha battle, her ghost types Pokémon tried to use it but once it was glitched they cannot hit me, since I like to play the Challange Mode (H4) this was disappointing, there's no epic battle against her until it get fixed.

I realized this game didn't received any udpates since then, The 1.10 version will never come? This hack is "abandoned"?

At least, the Sucker Punch deserves to be fixed, this is the only game breaking glitch that makes this game not seem as an official one.

Anyone who can fix it, please, watch this motivational video to get inspired:

https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
So i have this weird thing, i leveled up my Glaceon to level 47 and "she" (i named her Basia after Barbara) wanted to learn Bubblebeam, is that normal?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Dec 2, 2019
Pretty cool hack so far. Personally I still prefer something with more modern mechanics but I admire you use new gen mon In the Dex. May I just suggest one thing. Adding Meltan/Melmetal since they are technically Kanto Pokemon. I personally would get rid of the klink line and replace with Meltan/Melmetal and idk that 3rd slot use it on Mimikyu just to add an Aloan Mon. Just me of course.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
I experimented with trying to mess with the original red rom and I was able to do it! I changed some text and wrote the rom file, but I followed the exact same steps except I did it with the red deluxe on github, It seems like I downloaded all the files but for whatever reason It will not let me make the file, this is the lines of text I get in Cygiwin

Mega Media Monster@DESKTOP-JKGRVRQ ~/pokereddeluxe
$ make
find: 'yellow': No such file or directory
make: python: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: python: command not found
make: *** [Makefile:76: red/audio.o] Error 127

Mega Media Monster@DESKTOP-JKGRVRQ ~/pokereddeluxe

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
does anyone know how the hecc to get shuppet

In the Pokemon Tower on the 7th floor (where you battled the 3 Rocket Grunts and saved Mr. Fuji).

Depending on what version you are playing on, it will have a 9% encounter rate in the Red version and a 1% encounter rate in the Blue version.

Last edited:
Back