• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 372 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
when joltik used sucker punch the game froze And I used the latest version I'm using blue dx Normal Mode (H1) keeps the difficulty nearly unchanged from the original game

Years
when joltik used sucker punch the game froze And I used the latest version I'm using blue dx Normal Mode (H1) keeps the difficulty nearly unchanged from the original game

edit 12/17 - Joltik can use sucker punch without any lockups/freezes only when it knocks out the opposing pokemon. however, the game does seem to freeze/hang when sucker punch is used to do damage but doesn't KO the opponent

I'm using Blue DX Normal mode H1 with Gen 2 sprites and playing it thru latest BGB emulator version; also tested this with Red DX Normal H1 as well and got the same results

what emulator are you using, blgmadresh0000?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
(gave up on a 3DS VC injection as i got for christmas from a friend, a Retroflag GPi Case kit)
encountered a odd Graphical glitch in mGBA & Gambette i know the OP shows theres minor graphical glitches depending on emulator but is this expected? it happens once after leaving pallet town on a new game

Sorry for Small image, the LCD on a GPi Case uses a low resolution.
S2amleR.png

Years
I've decided to replay this game again..

I had reported a few years ago that Sucker Punch was glitched and I remember how this screw up Elite Four Agatha battle, her ghost types Pokémon tried to use it but once it was glitched they cannot hit me, since I like to play the Challange Mode (H4) this was disappointing, there's no epic battle against her until it get fixed.

I realized this game didn't received any udpates since then, The 1.10 version will never come? This hack is "abandoned"?

At least, the Sucker Punch deserves to be fixed, this is the only game breaking glitch that makes this game not seem as an official one.

Anyone who can fix it, please, watch this motivational video to get inspired:

https://youtu.be/ZXsQAXx_ao0

from here:

This is actually fixed in the github, it was the last commit.

I wasn't fully aware from when I previously posted that the sucker punch problem was supposedly fixed but that "fix" from github was never actually released or nobody so far was able to build the updated hacks to include the fix for sucker punch

so far, it looks like it's either abandoned or discontinued since there were no updates in almost six years now

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
That makes me sad, this would have been the best hack ever if sucker punch was fixed, or at least removed.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Why does the DX patch remove the No Music Edition Patch? Can't I have both? I want a Red and Blue with Colors and No Music.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 26, 2023
Can I get a shiny magikarp from the guy on the Pokémon center?

Years
Why does the DX patch remove the No Music Edition Patch? Can't I have both? I want a Red and Blue with Colors and No Music.

I guess that is not possible since the DX patch stores music data in different rom addresses than original non-dx games.
therefore the DX and "no music" patches are incompatible with each other. ask/contact the creator of the "no music edition" patch about this

Can I get a shiny magikarp from the guy on the Pokémon center?

probably not, at least not thru normal means (unless you use some sort of GS cheat code to force a shiny variant of it)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I guess that is not possible since the DX patch stores music data in different rom addresses than original non-dx games.
therefore the DX and "no music" patches are incompatible with each other. ask/contact the creator of the "no music edition" patch about this

probably not, at least not thru normal means (unless you use some sort of GS cheat code to force a shiny variant of it)

I have run into an issue with the DX rom hack where the game is crashing due to a bug left by the modders. When using the move "Sucker Punch" as Joltik, if the Pokemon is not knocked out by the move or if the move does not miss, the game softlocks. I have asked for help on the issue at the Romhacking.net Discord server, but they aren't able to help me resolve the issue. Here is a video of the exact problem that takes place and footage of the debugger's findings.
https://youtu.be/fsBCxJlrNz8

SpringtraP-MasK

Just a Artist
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
(Quick Links: [URL="https://www.sendspace.com/file/iimqgs" said:
Game Patches (all difficulties) + Documents[/URL] | Lunar IPS | How to Patch | Red and Blue Competitive Save Files | Github Source)
Recommended emulator: BGB or VBA-M

Is there an ult download link? the one you posted here has made my computer beep and go nuts like there is a virus on the file hosting site you chose to use. this has happened three times and i had to restore my pc each time just to be safe. I want to play this hack but if I can't download it I'm going to have to pass on it until a different download link with the completed patch is available. and I know the GitHub is available, but I do not know how to compile code or assemble the rom/patch for this. ive tried to do that with another hack that had to be recompiled from code, i got frustrated and gave up on it when i couldent get anything and the program to work.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
hi, i looked at the documentations of the game learnsets and heracross can't learn a single fighting type move despite being a bug/fighting type. when gen 3 came out it was a miracle heracross learned a fighting move even tho it was only one, brick break at level 23. also umbreon has 60 sp attack and 130 sp defense when it came out so why is it nerfed? Also PS: Just a tip, you should've put flamethrower as a tm in this game if you were gonna remake the tms cuz flamethrower was so hard to get in gen 1 and 2 that it was so frustrating

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Why doesn't pp ups work? and why are there lucky eggs if held items weren't a thing until gen 2? how are we supposed to use them?

Years
Why doesn't pp ups work?

why are you asking this? what specific dx patches did you use?
pp ups work on my end (both red dx & blue dx and in both using gen1 and gen 2 patches)
and I'm playing these games using BGB emulator

Is there an ult download link? the one you posted here has made my computer beep and go nuts like there is a virus on the file hosting site you chose to use. this has happened three times and i had to restore my pc each time just to be safe. I want to play this hack but if I can't download it I'm going to have to pass on it until a different download link with the completed patch is available. and I know the GitHub is available, but I do not know how to compile code or assemble the rom/patch for this. ive tried to do that with another hack that had to be recompiled from code, i got frustrated and gave up on it when i couldent get anything and the program to work.

the original download link to the patch files & docs is still working as of late Sept. 2023 but I may try to find time to upload & post them up onto an alternate site by end of September in case the old download link suddenly stops working.

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 3, 2023
I have run into an issue with the DX rom hack where the game is crashing due to a bug left by the modders. When using the move "Sucker Punch" as Joltik, if the Pokemon is not knocked out by the move or if the move does not miss, the game softlocks. I have asked for help on the issue at the Romhacking.net Discord server, but they aren't able to help me resolve the issue. Here is a video of the exact problem that takes place and footage of the debugger's findings.
https://youtu.be/fsBCxJlrNz8

I think someone forked this project and their github claims to have fixed it,
https://github.com/CaptainSwag101/pokereddeluxe

I dont have the right setup to test that its fixed right now. I was going to try and fix it myself but this is probably easier :)

Years
the original download link to the patch files & docs is still working as of late Sept. 2023 but I may try to find time to upload & post them up onto an alternate site by end of September in case the old download link suddenly stops working.

recently posted here a few days ago as per one person's request a few months ago (this one is released "as is" and without the "sucker punch" bug fix)

I didn't realize that someone else "forked" the Red/Blue DX project for a long time until recently

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
why are you asking this? what specific dx patches did you use?
pp ups work on my end (both red dx & blue dx and in both using gen1 and gen 2 patches)
and I'm playing these games using BGB emulator

I'm using blue dx, Gen 2 sprites. whenever i try to use a PP Up, it says "(Name) This isn't the time to use that!" And apparently Lucky egg is in this game and i have no idea how it works cuz items never existed in this generation.

Years
I'm using blue dx, Gen 2 sprites. whenever i try to use a PP Up, it says "(Name) This isn't the time to use that!" And apparently Lucky egg is in this game and i have no idea how it works cuz items never existed in this generation.

just wondering where exactly you got the non-working pp up? I got most of them from different locations and they appear to work
didn't test the lucky egg item at all since I never used it
btw, I too am using the blue dx gen 2 sprite version but the H1 normal edition. did not have time to test the H2 Normal+, H3 Challenge & H4 Challenge+ editions of blue dx gen 2.

I think someone forked this project and their github claims to have fixed it,
https://github.com/CaptainSwag101/pokereddeluxe

I dont have the right setup to test that its fixed right now. I was going to try and fix it myself but this is probably easier :)

I found another fork of Red/Blue DX but this one does not have challenge plus mode and some of the obsolete code has been updated; also includes the sucker punch bugfix

Last edited:
Back