• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 372 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters

Linnie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Stg1N87.png

Decided I should do Gastrodon since I did Shellos, that way the sprites can be used without having the line be incomplete. I'm not at all happy with the way Gastrodon-East's backsprite turned out and I don't think it's par at all, but I didn't want to only have seven of the eight sprites done so I included it anyway. I hope it's satisfactory for you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
In my last attempt to get all the Pokemon in Blue DX, I found at least 2 bugs. Apparently, Slowpoke doesn't evolve according to the PDF guide by a Link Stone and also sometimes in a Wild Battle mostly, the music cuts out on me and it's just SFX playing instead like the cries and attacks. I'm thinking the latter is a emulator issue as I use Gameyob to play this game on my DS Lite and it hasn't had this happen before with any games I've played. The former I used the Gameshark code to catch a Slowking for now until it's fixed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Stg1N87.png

Decided I should do Gastrodon since I did Shellos, that way the sprites can be used without having the line be incomplete. I'm not at all happy with the way Gastrodon-East's backsprite turned out and I don't think it's par at all, but I didn't want to only have seven of the eight sprites done so I included it anyway. I hope it's satisfactory for you.

I can see where you're coming from with Gastrodon-East, but it's nothing unserviceable - I can work with it. Thank you!

In my last attempt to get all the Pokemon in Blue DX, I found at least 2 bugs. Apparently, Slowpoke doesn't evolve according to the PDF guide by a Link Stone and also sometimes in a Wild Battle mostly, the music cuts out on me and it's just SFX playing instead like the cries and attacks. I'm thinking the latter is a emulator issue as I use Gameyob to play this game on my DS Lite and it hasn't had this happen before with any games I've played. The former I used the Gameshark code to catch a Slowking for now until it's fixed.

Verified and fixed the Slowpoke issue - I'll release a compiled update when the remaining Gen 2 sprites are done and ready to go (or if more bugs surface in that time) - the fix is live on Github now, though. As for the BGM cutting out, I'm definitely thinking that's an emulator issue, as I've never had anything like that happen to me. I'll keep an eye out for it though, thanks!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I did complete the Pokedex and when I tried to get it rated by Prof. Oak, the game crashes too. I failed to mention that one as well because it kinda slipped my mind.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
BUG:

When you choose your first POCKET MONSTER, the screen gets white, but it fixes itself, when you press "A" many times, but your POCKET MONSTER is named "AAAAAAAA"

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
BUG:

When you choose your first POCKET MONSTER, the screen gets white, but it fixes itself, when you press "A" many times, but your POCKET MONSTER is named "AAAAAAAA"

Did you read OP? More specificaly - section named "bugs".

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
I did complete the Pokedex and when I tried to get it rated by Prof. Oak, the game crashes too. I failed to mention that one as well because it kinda slipped my mind.

Fixed! Thanks; this will be included in the next compiled update.

BUG:

This is a emulator-related bug. Use VBA-M or BGB - if you're using a mobile emulator, I know GBA4iOS works if you're on an iOS-enabled device.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Amazing work for sure ^_^

You wouldn't happen to be doing a Gold & Silver DX or even just a Crystal DX version would be amazing... If Possible try to get them to be trade compatible with all the new pokemon you have added...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Sprite bug:
http://imgur.com/XMsv6Lt

AND I were using BGB emulator {XD}

I know there were a few quirks when I used VBA-M; is that permanent?

Amazing work for sure ^_^

You wouldn't happen to be doing a Gold & Silver DX or even just a Crystal DX version would be amazing... If Possible try to get them to be trade compatible with all the new pokemon you have added...

I thought about a Gen 2 sequel really hard, but decided against it; and I'll explain why. When I made this hack, I made it with competitive in mind at first.

There are three reasons why I'm avoiding a Crystal DX - the three being that 1. I'm not very fond of Gen 2's metagame, which would be what I would build the roster and such around, 2. Most things I could do with the engine would be better done in Gen 3 (Gen 2 fixed a lot of Gen 1's bugs, and it feels less unique imo), and most importantly 3. People have outdone me with the type of hack I would aim for - XY Naturia is really good, and I don't think I could ever match up to it.

I'll drop this bombshell - I am planning on a sequel, and it's going to be based on Emerald. I'm just waiting to see if any ROM bases will be completed beforehand, as it saves me time and gives me time to recharge from (admittedly) hack burnout.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023

I thought about a Gen 2 sequel really hard, but decided against it; and I'll explain why. When I made this hack, I made it with competitive in mind at first.

There are three reasons why I'm avoiding a Crystal DX - the three being that 1. I'm not very fond of Gen 2's metagame, which would be what I would build the roster and such around, 2. Most things I could do with the engine would be better done in Gen 3 (Gen 2 fixed a lot of Gen 1's bugs, and it feels less unique imo), and most importantly 3. People have outdone me with the type of hack I would aim for - XY Naturia is really good, and I don't think I could ever match up to it.

I'll drop this bombshell - I am planning on a sequel, and it's going to be based on Emerald. I'm just waiting to see if any ROM bases will be completed beforehand, as it saves me time and gives me time to recharge from (admittedly) hack burnout.

I respect that...
I ask because the more I look at Red & Blue DX the more it just makes me want a Gold or Silver DX....sadly
Trade compatibility would be amazing, and the Gen 2 glitches are quite interesting in my opinion.
It would be interesting to see someone hack the coin case and exploit it even more so.
Turn it into something like the Debug item that was made for Pokemon Yellow.

Gen 1 and 2 will always be my favorites as the glitchquests are unique and fun to teach the kids...
To see all 721+ Pokemon in Gold, Silver or Crystal would be amazing to me...

As for XY Naturia I didn't even know about it and am looking it up now...
I haven't taken a liking to any of the Gold, Silver or Crystal hacks as the few that caught my interest either take away the glitches or changes the whole story, which all I have ever wanted was just more updated (Pokemon, Items, Types, Abilities, Moves ect)...

In my opinion Red DX and Blue DX are a dream come true so I do thank you for all your work an time ^_^ I am going to enjoy these for along time to come ^_^
Sadly Gold or Silver DX will stay as dreams though ='(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022

Does the VBA-M work with Windows

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Hiya! I'm really enjoying this rom hack (Blue Deluxe). I'm using just the default normal with Gen 2 sprites.

When I'm pressing A on the water, no textbox appears, but if I keep pressing A, I use surf, just like in later gen games. Is that supposed to happen?

I know if i talk to a tree, a pop up asks if I want to cut it like in later gens, but it doesn't appear to be like that for surf.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 21, 2021
Really enjoyed playing this, thanks!

Glad you've enjoyed playing!

Hiya! I'm really enjoying this rom hack (Blue Deluxe). I'm using just the default normal with Gen 2 sprites.

When I'm pressing A on the water, no textbox appears, but if I keep pressing A, I use surf, just like in later gen games. Is that supposed to happen?

I know if i talk to a tree, a pop up asks if I want to cut it like in later gens, but it doesn't appear to be like that for surf.

Good catch! It's not supposed to happen. Thankfully, it was a quick fix; said fix will be included in the next compiled update and is now live on the GitHub repository, thank you!

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I know this is kinda dumb but I wanted to ask what songs were ported over from TCG1/2 & Pinball?

Back