• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    As long as we can rebattle the Elite Four, gym leaders, rivals and Steven (and have their pokemon go up maybe 2-3 levels every time you beat them so you can battle them multiple times in a variety of ways) and add a timer as to when they can be battled )maybe Elite Four only on weekends and gym leaders once a day and rivals can be rebattled after whupping the E4 again

I'd also love a Wally/Steven vs May/Brendan double battle

just as long as their pokemon don't go over level 85, because Red's Pikachu should remain the highest leveled pokemon owned by a trainer outside of a Battle Frontier

and let us rename our rivals Q_Q

Well originally Steven was the highest levelled trainer in Hoenn and even then he was in the mid 70's so the most he would be bumped up is a few levels which would take him to 80, I doubt they would surpass Red.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Let me ask you this. Why is it a better idea to rush R/S/E remakes for a system that's about to be retired? The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess had built a huge amount of hype, so Nintendo used it as the introduction to the Wii. Great strategy. This is why that game's release was pushed back for the Wii, so they could save it for the new, better system. I don't see why remakes wouldn't do well in the same situation. The 3DS holds all kinds of potential for future Pokemon games. Why not wait a little longer and make these remakes even better?

Did you read some of my last posts though? I posted about how I'd expect them to be on the 3DS as well; It's odd enough how we still have to wait for DS games(BW2), but that's understandable in the sense that they want to keep the Gen together.

I'm more questioning on when they'd want to release the games(RS remakes, if they truely are), like a lot of us are. By the time the hype and craziness of BW2 wears off, it should be around the two year mark since the 3DS' release, which seems to be GF's hotspot(and a good spot anyways, so they can get to know what they're working with) now for releasing games on the latest system. By the logic some have on this, we'd have the start of Gen 6 around that time as well, which would mean a new pair of main series games; but wouldn't that be way too early/soon for something like that(mainly considering the rest of the world isn't even getting these BW sequels til at least sometime in fall)? That would mean that they would either wait a bit longer or put something to fill in(perfect for a remake), but that also would be odd as a new Gen starter.

One of my interests with this is what the heck they will actually do to kick off the next gen, since it seems like it could go any direction, with this one being a speedy one and ending sooner.

As for remakes' platform:
    Most people were so convinced that Unova's next game which is B2/W2 will be released for 3DS. I never liked idea of splitting gen 5 between two consoles and I was right because B2/W2 are confirmed to be for DS. And I think R/S remakes will be for DS as well. Imo they will be part of gen 5 because B/W have technical similarities to R/S/E. Gen 5's engine looks like was prepared for R/S remakes. Ignoring that preparation and making remakes for new 3DS' engine would be so illogical and mean waste of 5 gen's preparation for remakes.

The only way I would see it a waste is if you're referring to the new sprites of Gen 3 Pokemon(which doesn't really make sense either as I can't see a remake, if it were for the DS, to use the EXACT same sprites for a previous game; would take away from it's new feeling). It also would make sense in the way that, although BW is prettied up a bit, it wouldn't look like too much of a change from the originals; they would look just a little prettied up as well, but flattened out a bit to give it that semi 3D feeling DS games have. You yourself seem to be one of the many Hoenn fans, so, Hoenn fan to Hoenn fan, I have to ask you: Don't you think the region deserves better than the DS has to offer?

I don't mean to shoot down them coming out for the DS, because we can't know 100% at this point, but imo, what better way to give the Nature feel Hoenn has the justice it deserves than to actually have it in a real 3D environment(rather than the semi 3D the DS has)? Also, like has been said before, around mid '13 is when the whole BW2 games craziness should calm down, so wouldn't that be dragging the DS a bit too far when it is already trying to die down; BW2 is already stretching the limits with this(understandably).

Btw, what exactly is illogical? We've had items programmed in games with no use until a fair bit later, etc. I'm all for having them asap too, but I would rather wait for them to be on this gen's system.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Sorry to barge in all of your fascinating, lengthy theories and whatnot, but I found something in RSE that I hope remakes will change.

So, Rustboro, Mauville and Mossdeep all have the same city music. How late I may be in finding this out doesn't matter because they should change this! RSE has great music (in fact, the best in my opinion) and I'm sure the remakes will make them sound even better. But how dare they, fool us all (not that it's a big deal, since the games were amazing)! To have new city music for two of these cities will make it all more original. & I will be satisfied. ♥

pl0x GameFreak.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Did you read some of my last posts though? I posted about how I'd expect them to be on the 3DS as well; It's odd enough how we still have to wait for DS games(BW2), but that's understandable in the sense that they want to keep the Gen together.

That question wasn't solely for you, it was more for people thinking DS released would be best. Maybe I should have clarified that or separated it. Sorry.

I'm more questioning on when they'd want to release the games(RS remakes, if they truely are), like a lot of us are. By the time the hype and craziness of BW2 wears off, it should be around the two year mark since the 3DS' release, which seems to be GF's hotspot(and a good spot anyways, so they can get to know what they're working with) now for releasing games on the latest system. By the logic some have on this, we'd have the start of Gen 6 around that time as well, which would mean a new pair of main series games; but wouldn't that be way too early/soon for something like that(mainly considering the rest of the world isn't even getting these BW sequels til at least sometime in fall)? That would mean that they would either wait a bit longer or put something to fill in(perfect for a remake), but that also would be odd as a new Gen starter.

My guesses were little more than just guesses. I was just going by the fact that we rarely get more than 2 main series releases a year. But we have to remember that we can't solely rely on predicting Game Freak's plans based on tradition, because they broke tradition with a sequel release. That opens the field for all sorts of possibilites. Personally, I feel like the next "big" game we'll get will be the next "Battle Revolution" for the Wii. A true Pokemon game for the Wii is long overdue in my book, and I think it would hold people off long enough to plan a 6th Gen. game for the 3DS. (If not, Mystery Dungeon could return.) However, we won't get any news of something like this until at least the end of the year, if we even get anything.

One of my interests with this is what the heck they will actually do to kick off the next gen, since it seems like it could go any direction, with this one being a speedy one and ending sooner.

Well, again, spinoffs will fill in some of that time, whether they're being made by Game Freak or not. And I still say a new "Battle Revolution" should be made, but that's just something I'd like to see. But I still don't see R/S/E remakes as the introduction of Pokemon to the 3DS. It would be like FireRed and LeafGreen coming out before the original Ruby and Sapphire were released. We wouldn't have been able to trade any of Hoenn's Pokemon to those remakes. I still say Gen. 6 should come out first, then R/S/E remakes, if they are to be released on the 3DS. But as for WHEN, all I can do is guess. Who knows, they might start releasing games closer together because of the demand.

Sorry to barge in all of your fascinating, lengthy theories and whatnot, but I found something in RSE that I hope remakes will change.

So, Rustboro, Mauville and Mossdeep all have the same city music. How late I may be in finding this out doesn't matter because they should change this! RSE has great music (in fact, the best in my opinion) and I'm sure the remakes will make them sound even better. But how dare they, fool us all (not that it's a big deal, since the games were amazing)! To have new city music for two of these cities will make it all more original. & I will be satisfied. ♥

pl0x GameFreak.

I really doubt that would happen. No remake has changed the music of a town before, even if it wasn't unique. They only updated it. Remakes aren't about being original.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    The only way I would see it a waste is if you're referring to the new sprites of Gen 3 Pokemon(which doesn't really make sense either as I can't see a remake, if it were for the DS, to use the EXACT same sprites for a previous game; would take away from it's new feeling). It also would make sense in the way that, although BW is prettied up a bit, it wouldn't look like too much of a change from the originals; they would look just a little prettied up as well, but flattened out a bit to give it that semi 3D feeling DS games have. You yourself seem to be one of the many Hoenn fans, so, Hoenn fan to Hoenn fan, I have to ask you: Don't you think the region deserves better than the DS has to offer?

I don't mean to shoot down them coming out for the DS, because we can't know 100% at this point, but imo, what better way to give the Nature feel Hoenn has the justice it deserves than to actually have it in a real 3D environment(rather than the semi 3D the DS has)? Also, like has been said before, around mid '13 is when the whole BW2 games craziness should calm down, so wouldn't that be dragging the DS a bit too far when it is already trying to die down; BW2 is already stretching the limits with this(understandably).

Btw, what exactly is illogical? We've had items programmed in games with no use until a fair bit later, etc. I'm all for having them asap too, but I would rather wait for them to be on this gen's system.

I was referring to technical similarities of R/S/E and B/W which are desert, dive spots, water currents, weather changes caused by Pokemon, beginning of music in Mistralton City totally sounds like something from Hoenn game (trumpets similar to those from Hoenn), so it can be also said that B/W soundfont can sound Hoenn-ish when is composed right (HG/SS soundfont is also like this, but not as good as B/W soundfont). I meant that ignoring those similarities to develop remakes for 3DS starting everything from scratch would be illogical because people developing those games seem like they put those things already in B/W to make remakes' development easier.

You're asking if Hoenn deserves to be put on better system - yes it does, but if it's made for DS, it's fine for me. If in this gen it's Hoenn's turn to get remade, we should accept it. Every game would be better when made for newer system. Thinking in this way we shouldn't get FR/LG and HG/SS because Kanto and Johto also deserve to be for better system.

pl0x GameFreak.

It's possible, in the same way like Ecruteak and Cianwood had the same music in G/S/C but got totally different versions in HG/SS. But how each of those R/S/E cities should sound after making them different? I think Mossdeep should sound more calmly than other two, but I have no idea how Rustoboro and Mauville should sound differently from each other.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years

pl0x GameFreak.

RSE has the best music out of all the games IMO and to expand on this would be amazing but as much as I would love for this to happen I just don't think it will, like it's been said there were shared Town music's in GSC and then HGSS came along and it was the same for those.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well to remix the music for two of the cities (making Mossdeep's slower is a great idea) would be good. Perhaps Rustboro could have an additional beat to it (drums? i have no idea haha).

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Well to remix the music for two of the cities (making Mossdeep's slower is a great idea) would be good. Perhaps Rustboro could have an additional beat to it (drums? i have no idea haha).
    There's a guy on youtube that does remixes of all of the songs. he does quite well, actually.

But yeah, a slower Mossdeep, and maybe Sootopolis with a little more instrumental in it. I'd love to hear remixes of all of the music.

I'd love a little bit creepier remix for Mt. Pyre. That'd be fabulous. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think Sootopolis should be remixed with White's Opelucid's soundfont and some new instruments. The same goes with Mosdeep remixed with no-Summer Undella and Pacifidlog with Summer Undella.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    RSE has the best music out of all the games IMO and to expand on this would be amazing but as much as I would love for this to happen I just don't think it will, like it's been said there were shared Town music's in GSC and then HGSS came along and it was the same for those.

Not necessarily. Ecruteak and Cianwood have the same music in GSC and in HGSS, however, in HGSS they are variants on each other. So no, don't change the songs to completely different ones, but create a variation, unique to the area and its environment. Cianwood's was relaxing, since it's right on the beach. Ectruteak's was...haha. I don't know the word. JAPANESY. Because of the rich history and such in the city, and the Kimono Girls residing there. It's late here so my word choice sucks now. lol

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    So this has probably already been discussed, but do you think that when they make R/S remakes they will add the day and night/week system, and possibly the seasons system?

The seasons system maybe pushing it since Hoenn is more of a tropical setting. However, the day and night/week system is very feasible, and the removal of that was something I always hated R/S/E for.

It interests me because they're yet to run into adding this in a remake. FR/LG didn't have to add it because R/S/E didn't have it, and HG/SS naturally kept it and D/P/Pt had already added it back. But now we're here in Generation V, where the original game of the Generation has the day/night system but the one to be remade does not, and I'm wondering what exactly they'll do?

I really hope they give the R/S remakes a day/night system at least. It might help me like them a ton better than the original R/S.

blue

gucci
    Years
    So this has probably already been discussed, but do you think that when they make R/S remakes they will add the day and night/week system, and possibly the seasons system?

The seasons system maybe pushing it since Hoenn is more of a tropical setting. However, the day and night/week system is very feasible, and the removal of that was something I always hated R/S/E for.

It interests me because they're yet to run into adding this in a remake. FR/LG didn't have to add it because R/S/E didn't have it, and HG/SS naturally kept it and D/P/Pt had already added it back. But now we're here in Generation V, where the original game of the Generation has the day/night system but the one to be remade does not, and I'm wondering what exactly they'll do?

I really hope they give the R/S remakes a day/night system at least. It might help me like them a ton better than the original R/S.

Well now that all the latest games have Day/Night (DPPTHGSSBW) I'm assuming they would, it would be strange to dismiss this feature just because the originals didn't have D/N, there's also so many ways they could expand on this. Seasons I can see happening, they're relatively new but I think it will be carried on throughout several games because it makes sense really. Days Of The Week yes they could have many different events on certain days involved with the events that occur in RSE.

Years

Probably, I just really want them to have the day/night feature. Seasons I wouldnt be upset about if they left it out.

I really really really hope when the remakes surface, they add the follow me feature as they did with HGSS. I love that feature and I hated how it wasnt in BW.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I really really really hope when the remakes surface, they add the follow me feature as they did with HGSS. I love that feature and I hated how it wasnt in BW.

I guess I've never understood the love for the feature. Especially since in HG/SS the Pokemon that would be out always had to be the one in first place. So if you have a favorite Pokemon that you'd like to have follow you, but you don't necessarily want to use for the first Pokemon in battles that becomes a problem.

Years

I guess I've never understood the love for the feature. Especially since in HG/SS the Pokemon that would be out always had to be the one in first place. So if you have a favorite Pokemon that you'd like to have follow you, but you don't necessarily want to use for the first Pokemon in battles that becomes a problem.

True, but at least it could be any pokemon unlike in Yellow where it had to be Pikachu!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Then perhaps have an option to turn it off, since some people don't see the appeal. I personally love it and was disappointed it didn't make a comeback in BW.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Then perhaps have an option to turn it off, since some people don't see the appeal. I personally love it and was disappointed it didn't make a comeback in BW.

No, I'm not saying that I dislike it. It's just never been something that I've stressed about whether we have it or not.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I'm the same way with it. It's never really been one of those things I've hoped and prayed for in a Pokemon game since they reintroduced it into HG/SS. Sure it'd be nice if they did have it, but if they don't I just kinda shrug it off.

I do love the idea of pokemon following you though. It just makes it feel like they're really your partners rather than your instruments of war. :P
    Travelling Hoenn again, this time with a pokemon at your side would be cool!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back