• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Now THAT I can agree with. Honestly, if they remade RS without secret bases, it'd feel like Hoenn I'm sure, but there would be something missing if they weren't included. And with Wi-Fi now, as opposed to link cables in the day, there are more opportunities for them to be used.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've said this before but the return of something like secret bases is a must!

Now THAT I can agree with. Honestly, if they remade RS without secret bases, it'd feel like Hoenn I'm sure, but there would be something missing if they weren't included. And with Wi-Fi now, as opposed to link cables in the day, there are more opportunities for them to be used.

I really hope that they do. I was seriously unhappy to find out that you couldn't decorate your Room in HG/SS. Which honestly was the only reason I wanted to get the remakes, so I could try to collect the room decorations and play with them in the room. I didn't like that it was removed and if R/S are remade I only hope for the Secret bases to do decorating.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I actually never used the secret bases, maybe because I was younger and I didn't explore the features as much as I do now but I'd like them to return so that I can try them out and I can only imagine they could improve it with Wi-Fi and what not.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The only reason I actually put effort into my secret base in Emerald was so that my friend and I could EV train and grind when we mixed records. So when we mixed records, we'd have our team and I'd have a team of level 50-ish Sceptile/Crobat for free Speed EV's and grinding, and my friend would do the same. I thought that was a bonus. Too bad it was only once a day, but whatever.

An issue I had with the RS secret bases was that you couldn't decorate as much as I wanted to. There was limited space, like ten items total or something, and it left a lot of open space in the bigger bases. And that annoyed me since I wanted to show off all the dolls I collected.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    It was 16 I think. Hopefully they up it by a bit. Tbh, I tried to add obstacles at times to make mine feel more like a gym when friends visited it, haha. It's why I liked the gym statue thing. I also liked the sale of things at the top of Lilycove dept. store. Adding things like slides and TV's and such were really fun.

One thing I disliked though were the holes in the floor in some of the bases(some of which had a good design). I hated having to waste item space with floor boards to cover the wholes. Please let us fix them up or something, but not at the cost of space.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Hoenn is my least favourite region, mainly because of the water routes. Here's hoping all of that wasted space is filled.

I doubt that would happen, that's what made up Hoenn kind of and if it was a remake they would want to remake it to exact detail, otherwise it would have something like 3 new towns in place of the water routes. I loved Hoenn with it's water and sand routes!

Years
    Hoenn is my least favorite region also, but I am excited to see it with the new graphics. Maybe I'll like it better this time around because of that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Hoenn is my least favourite region, mainly because of the water routes. Here's hoping all of that wasted space is filled.

It can't happen because Hoenn's concept is based on contrast between land and water, that's why there must be so much water routes in this region.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It can't happen because Hoenn's concept is based on contrast between land and water, that's why there must be so much water routes in this region.

Add to the fact that they never changed the layout of the World maps in Remakes, they have ADDED to the maps, but generally the maps are always the same.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Add to the fact that they never changed the layout of the World maps in Remakes, they have ADDED to the maps, but generally the maps are always the same.

On top of that, the entire region of Hoenn is an island with Mossdeep, Sotopolis, and Ever Grande City being a trio of smaller islands. And Pacifidlog Town connected by floating logs supported by a colony of Corosola underneath. So in actuality, Hoenn's really a small archipelago. You're gonna have to do some surfing to get around~

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I hope the secret basses have a some added features though, at least like a PC or something like that you could pick up. I really liked building my base in the originals, at least though my first play through, but after that, it just seemed kinda pointless anything useful coming from it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I understand where your coming from , but that may not be the case for RS because the version differences was so great compared to others , and in my opinion that's what made it great so in the remakes they should stick to RS instead of emerald.

Would you really like R/S remakes without Rayquaza's appearance in storyline and Weather Crisis cutscene which has great potential to be much extended than original version?

If they base R/S remakes on Emerald's storyline, Ruby and Sapphire difference can still be saved by making Groudon or Kyogre catchable in Cave of Origin after Weather Crisis. Remember that there is no obligatory encounter with Rayquaza in Emerald storyline. I think it was done on purpose to make place in storyline for Groudon/Kyogre encounter in R/S remakes.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Rayquaza will be the main legendary in remakes as was Suicune in HGSS, kind of anyway. Kyorgre & Groudon will be catchable at different levels depending on your game but I think the plot from emerald will be inserted into R/S remakes with a few slight changes here and there due to upgraded features etc.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    I am going to go with what Suicune just said about it.

I really want Gamefreak to use some really smexy graphics with it though.
    Black and White wasn't awesome on the graphics, but sure, they were okay, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I'm not so sure. There are big differences in the stories of Ruby and Sapphire and Gold and Silver.

Gold and Silver didn't have 2 different storylines. The only difference was that Lugia and Ho-oh were obtainable at different points in the game, but they were both still there. HG/SS added a few extra battles and conversations about them to make them seem more important to the plot than the originals did, which all you did in those was go catch, there was not plot for Lugia and Ho-oh. Crystal didn't change the story, but added to it. Since Lugia and Ho-oh weren't story specific in the versions, the story involving Suicune didn't disrupt anything.

With R/S/E, it's different, as each story in all 3 games is very different. If they decide to release 2 remake versions of Ruby and Sapphire, they would have to keep Groudon's and Kyogre's plots intact, as that was what the version difference was. It would make no sense to use Emerald's story because it doesn't reflect the events of Ruby or Sapphire. They could always go in and give Rayquaza more story, like they did for Lugia and Ho-oh in HG/SS and make it mandatory to encounter it though. If not, they would be better off releasing 1 single remake of Emerald, rather than 2 of Ruby and Sapphire.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    They could still have both teams involved, just give one a bigger role depending on the game(Ruby- Magma bigger, Sapphire- Aqua bigger).

Maybe you could foil one team(the lesser one in your game)'s efforts at reawakening their pokemon, buying the other team(main one in your version) time to get through with their final plan(s). This way we would still get the extreme drought or rainfall, etc...

Except there's a problem with that. Where would Rayquaza fit in(due to it being used to calm down the fight of both)? It would seem pretty stupid to awaken it just to calm down one, imo, as the colossal battle between Groudon and Kyogre added much more to the depth of the story. It would also be a waste to just leave it waiting until after the E4, with no interaction in the main plot, throwing away Emerald almost completely. Even the Battle Frontier wouldn't do it as much justice as being able to add in the main 'Emerald' element, if you get what I mean(pretty much is the combination of the two).

I say this because I highly doubt they'd choose to just make one version over two, but then again this time they have a bit more on their hands: They probably would want to make them true to the originals, but without scrapping Emerald completely.

That's why I would see them making two different versions like they have, but just make one team more dominant than the other, depending on which version you choose to get, although I'm not sure how they'd implement the Rayquaza storyline then, if one gets defeated and the other succeeding(which is all I can think of atm that would give them a separate feel, hm...).

This is a really interesting thing to think about if you think about it...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    As we know, there is no storyline encounter with any legendary in Emerald, so having storyline encounter with Groudon or Kyogre after Weather Crisis in R/S remakes would perfectly fill that lack of encounter from Emerald storyline.

I thought that remakes' storyline after Weather Crisis could be like this: player must go again to peak of Mt. Pyre and be informed that only one team leader gave back Red or Blue orb (depending on your version). The other team leader is still trying to control Groudon or Kyogre, causing drought or heavy rain (just like in original Ruby or Sapphire). Player will must to defeat team leader and encounter Groudon or Kyorge in Cave of Origin to stop drought or heavy rain.

Storyline like that would keep most important Ruby and Sapphire differences without canceling storyline from Emerald.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Where have you been? You do encounter the legendaries during the story, just not 'by yourself'. Also facing both teams, the colossal battle, etc. is what made Emerald...well Emerald. Taking those out of the plot would indeed keep true to the original Ruby/Sapphire, but you honestly think they'd scrap Emerald completely in the remakes? I highly doubt that, tbh. The BF is just the BF btw, I'm talking storyline.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back