• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
  • Image that the guy above wanted to post:

20110830183955.jpg

Could someone pleaaase translate the Japanese stuff written there?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    If the fake scans were real, then we would've already known about the R/S remakes. Especially when you consider than GameFreak/Nintendo certainly would've announced the games before allowing scans with screenshots to be released.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Plus, if they have even started a remake then they defiantly wouldn't be that far into production, they would probably be at the designing stage as they have only just finished B&W

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Plus, if they have even started a remake then they defiantly wouldn't be that far into production, they would probably be at the designing stage as they have only just finished B&W

Im not sure about that , because it they would need to be that far to display it when they announce a new game either this February or March , for a September release

blue

gucci
    Years
  • How I wish that was real, but that gives us an insight to what the RSE remake would look like and by the looks of that it's good! I really hope we get/hear about them soon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I think it won't look anything like that - they'll probably use the system jump to overhaul the graphics engine totally again. I could go into detail about how 3D Pokémon is easier to make than 2D sprites at this point but I really don't want to.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • Hello again! In the same forum I found other image!

img199,imageshack,us/img199/7088/20110830183955,jpg

I don't know if the image is fake or not but if it is fake is a good fake xD.
    It looks like a HG/SS hack for me but I like the pics!

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Again other image!
    img3,imageshack,us/img3/9097/20110830183945,jpg

I think can be fake because you can't see 3D like Diamond and Pearl or like Black and White.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • Again other image!
    img3,imageshack,us/img3/9097/20110830183945,jpg

I think can be fake because you can't see 3D like Diamond and Pearl or like Black and White.

Image is here:

20110830183945.jpg

Can you also provide us the site/forum/whatever you use to get those images? Would be a good way to have a better idea of the credibility of them.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • ...and I wouldn't exactly consider May's mugshot to be the best spriting. As much as I'm looking forward to hear official news on a Ruby / Sapphire remake, I don't think it would look like the 2D/3D graphics we had in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Now with the 3DS out and Black and White's enhanced graphics since the fourth generation, I would be looking at something similar to that if a remake is to be launched.

Still, I give my compliments to whoever is working up this supposed hack. It's looking really good just from the images.

leews24

ha
    Years
  • Some of you guys were saying that all the pokemons are transferrable
    from 3rd gen->4th gen->5th gen,
    but look, more than half the pokemon players today don't even have RSE,
    just cuz they were born when RSE was born.

And about the mugshots, if they're real, I'm gonna freak out since personally, it looks horribble,
    Brendan looks like Lupin 3rd

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Image is here:

Can you also provide us the site/forum/whatever you use to get those images? Would be a good way to have a better idea of the credibility of them.

The forum is the famous japanese forum called 2ch.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • Image is here:

20110830183945.jpg

Ok, now I'm sure that those pics are fake. There would be no way that the Vs. sprites would be so disproportionate and... choppy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The fact that they're edited HG/SS VS sprites isn't a bigger giveaway?

C'mon guys, step up your bull detectors when mishmashed screenshots appear totally out of the blue.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • The fact that they're edited HG/SS VS sprites isn't a bigger giveaway?

C'mon guys, step up your bull detectors when mishmashed screenshots appear totally out of the blue.
    this. the moment i looked at it it was obvious it was fake just cause of all the mismatched stuff.
    I can't believe that no one has noticed that May's bandanna is missing the Pokeball pattern,
    Also the hacks website is Here
    game freak could easily enough change the character design to not have the symbol on the bandanna.

also the japanese writing not only looks wrong with it's font and angle but is pretty bad japanese.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back