• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    also Fire Red and Leaf Green were made 2 gens after there origonals and so we afre in gen 5 which is 2 gens after Ruby and Sapphire

also Fire Red and Leaf Green were made 2 gens after there originals and so we are in gen 5 which is 2 gens after Ruby and Sapphire

Last edited:
    Years
  • There really is no reason. The main reasons the first two gens were remade was because 1) The first two gens were not compatible with any forward generations and 2) They are widely considered classics, while they are very good games, not the same can be said about Ruby and Sapphire. Just because it has been two generations they should remake the Hoenn games? So will they remake Diamond and Pearl automatically when the next new games get out? After that will they will remake Black and white?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    If they can make money off them, of course!

Remember that R/S aren't forward compatible either, and haven't been since the DSi was made three years ago.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Regardless of the state of DS Lite production - which if it's not discontinued already they will stop producing models in the very near future - you're still talking about a five year old system that has been succeeded twice. Nintendo simply doesn't look at things from the perspective of the DS Lite owner any more. They're this close to dropping the DSi once the year closes and Zelda: Four Swords comes out as it is.

Years
  • The DS Lite is far from obsolete, even in Nintendo's eyes, but that's beside the point. It is still possible to move Pokemon from Generation 3 to 4, no matter what new systems come out. In fact convince seems to be a non-issue for Nintendo, as moving Pokemon from Gen 4 to 5 requires two DSes. Also, unlike Generation 2 legendaries, which were largely unavailable in the Hoenn, Pokemon such as Groudon and Latias were able to catch in Gen 4. Most importantly though, outside of hardcore Pokemon players (like everyone on this forum) the demand for this game is simply not there.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • There really is no reason. The main reasons the first two gens were remade was because 1) The first two gens were not compatible with any forward generations and 2) They are widely considered classics, while they are very good games, not the same can be said about Ruby and Sapphire. Just because it has been two generations they should remake the Hoenn games? So will they remake Diamond and Pearl automatically when the next new games get out? After that will they will remake Black and white?
    Of course they are going to remake them, many Pokemon fans including me wants it, Nintendo will make a lot of money if they did it.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Obviously I'd buy it :) A remake of RSE, it would be great !
    I hope it will be a remake of Emeraude, I want the new Battle Frontier, with Wifi etc. This one was just marvellous !

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Hey guys, I find this image in a Japanese forum!

img689,imageshack,us/img689/3797/20110830183926,jpg

I can't post images, please modify the "," for "."

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Hey guys, I find this image in a Japanese forum!

img689,imageshack,us/img689/3797/20110830183926,jpg

I can't post images, please modify the "," for "."

Looks convincing lol, also the top right picture next to kyogre is the part where you exit petalburg woods from the north, right?

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This is the image the guy above was going on about :)
    i think its fake though because the picture in the background of Groudons leg is from this image:
    Spoiler:

but i hope they do make a remake, i love R/S. They're my fave game and the Pokemon Adventure manga based on Ruby and Sapphire is amazing too!

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • Yeah, that does look pretty fake. Especially because of the fact that the Mudkip is following May, which means it is probably a HGSS hack.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This is the image the guy above was going on about :)
    i think its fake though because the picture in the background of Groudons leg is from this image:
    Spoiler:

but i hope they do make a remake, i love R/S. They're my fave game and the Pokemon Adventure manga based on Ruby and Sapphire is amazing too!

How I wish... How I wish the images are not fakes :@

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    A RSE remake would be amazing, hope that there would be new areas of course and stuff to do after you beat the E4 besides just the Latis and Rayquaza this time around though.

That, and fighting the Hoenn Frontier Brains again would be nice, only change I wish for when it comes to the Battle Frontier is that the guys you're using at the time are automatically entered at Level 50 whether they're higher or lower leveled than that upon starting a round like in DPP's Frontier.

Shea Man

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo Fanboy
    Years
  • Ooh! The HGSS Lead follow concept was totally deck, and I'd love to see it again - it was a feature I'd always hoped to see again...

Yellow/HGSS = Deck

I wonder what they'll call it.

Aquamarine/Beryl? Think; Sapphire and Ruby come from Corundum, and Emerald comes from Beryl. These either...

A. Signify the base type set and mirror the original RB series
    B. Represent the Legends of Hoenn; Groudon/Ruby; Kyogre/Sapphire; Rayquaza/Emerald In which case they might make Ice White/Stone Orange/Steel Silver
    C. Simply based off valuable minerals and will be named perhaps after two Beryl gemstones; or another valuable mineral

Last edited:

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • I actually, was one of the only people who hated the whole "Pokemon follow you" thing. Mainly because they were usually in the way of other NPC's. I hope they don't bring the following stuff back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2011
    Hello again! In the same forum I found other image!

img199,imageshack,us/img199/7088/20110830183955,jpg

I don't know if the image is fake or not but if it is fake is a good fake xD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back