• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Really do hope these are released next year. Way more excited for this than the third game of Black/White. Hoenn was always my favorite, so it'll be awesome to see it remade with Gen V graphics.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2011
    My pokemon "career" if you want to call it that started with Pokemon Ruby, i got hooked on the game and would love it to be remade, my problem is that i no longer have a ds lite, making it impossible for me to transfer pokemon from anything before 5th gen, so it would be spectacular if they remade R/S/E for the DS and/or 3DS.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    A lot of people say that they don't want the female player character to be replaced, but I honestly wouldn't mind. I have nothing against May but I tend to love new faces...Err, well...usually just the female characters, haha. I'm more or less indifferent towards the males. I always play as the female.

I'm also really looking forward to costume redesigns. Especially Phoebe! I really like her a lot. Also also, I don't think this rumored new game will be the remakes, but I could be (and hope I am!) wrong.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's very unlikely they'd do that from now on because Ruby and Sapphire were the first generation of games to include a female player choice from the start.

Plus May is also already a character that shows up in the game. More importantly she has a counterpart in the cartoon, if they ever decide to dig that series back up to coincide with a remake.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Ruby and Sapphire were the first generation of games to include a female player choice from the start.

You could never play as a girl in Gold and Silver which gave them the precedent to design a new character for HG/SS instead of using Kris.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Hopefully they have news about what this new game is gonna be. Trying not to get my hopes up because I don't wanna be disappointed, but if it is the remakes then I'll be so happy!! Its the perfect time to announce whatever the new game is so hopefully they'll announce it in Coro Coro.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    One thing I've been wondering is what TMs the Gym Leaders will give you.

Roxanne- Rock Tomb
    Brawly- Bulk Up or Low Sweep
    Wattson- Volt Switch maybe thunder wave
    Flannery- Flame Charge or Overheat
    Norman- Facade
    Winona- Aerial Ace Pluck or Sky Drop
    Liza and Tate- Psyshock or Calm Mind
    Wallace/Juan- Scald

blue

gucci
    Years
    One thing I've been wondering is what TMs the Gym Leaders will give you.
    Roxanne- Rock Tomb
    Brawly- Bulk Up or Low Sweep
    Wattson- Volt Switch maybe thunder wave
    Flannery- Flame Charge or Overheat
    Norman- Facade
    Winona- Aerial Ace Pluck or Sky Drop
    Liza and Tate- Psyshock or Calm Mind
    Wallace/Juan- Scald

That's what I was thinking the other day, it took time actually but I came up with this:

Roxanne - Sleath Rock
    Brawly - Bulk Up/Drain Punch
    Wattson - Shock Wave/Volt Switch
    Flannery - Flare Blitz/Overheat
    Norman - Captivate
    Winona - Aerial Ace/Acrobatics
    Tate & Liza - Trick Room/Calm Mind
    Wallace/Juan - Brine/Scald

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    That's what I was thinking the other day, it took time actually but I came up with this:

Roxanne - Sleath Rock
    Brawly - Bulk Up/Drain Punch
    Wattson - Shock Wave/Volt Switch
    Flannery - Flare Blitz/Overheat
    Norman - Captivate
    Winona - Aerial Ace/Acrobatics
    Tate & Liza - Trick Room/Calm Mind
    Wallace/Juan - Brine/Scald

Just one problem with this: They never change TMs within a generation. So, I have my doubts. But, since TMs can no longer be held or traded, who knows? Maybe they'll change the TMs. One can always hope for the elemental punches. And the elemental fang moves. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2012
    There's no way N will be in any remake. Unless we discover he was born as a lad called Wally and as revenge for being defeated by you he changed his name to N and became a maniac.

Just dug up this old post. Well, this would be a huge twist. I mean, look at them:

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

They look the same 8D

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Because the artist specifically drew them as such.

They wear white shirts and have hair that's different shades of green. I guess that means Red and Ethan are brothers because they wear red tops and have caps.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    "I guess that means Red and Ethan are brothers because they wear red tops and have caps."

I think you might be on to something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    just because they both have green hair makes them brothers? then maybe Cilan is a step-brother......./sarcasm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back