• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
    It won't be a spin off to Nintendo Wii, as confirmed on Bulbanews:

During the brief reference to the new game, Iwata did not clarify which console it will be for, however, he did state that the Wii U will not be released before June next year.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I'm really hoping this game, though unconfirmed, is the RS remakes or Grey. However, RS remakes seems more likely, especially considering that 2012 is the 10th anniversary year for Ruby and Sapphire in Japan.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    Right now I'm loving replaying Emerald, if they do remake them, I hope Emerald is one of them. But besides all that, I still wish that we could play a game where you are able to go to all the regions and catch every single pokemon. I wouldn't care how much it was, I'd still buy it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Right now I'm loving replaying Emerald, if they do remake them, I hope Emerald is one of them. But besides all that, I still wish that we could play a game where you are able to go to all the regions and catch every single pokemon. I wouldn't care how much it was, I'd still buy it.
    What I'm assuming is it's going to be Ruby and Sapphire, but with a twist on the plot to make them both more similar to Emerald, such as Juan as the last Gym Leader, and fighting both Team Magma and Team Aqua.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    They will add Emerald's storyline in R/S remakes, like HG/SS it has crystal's storyline.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I really hope this is the rs remake we have been drooling for since hgss. I think it will be. I hope it will be. My big hope is for all 4 starter trios from the previous generations to be available before the end of the game. I hate how in hgss you had to beat the game for all of the good stuff to open up. I want to have my torrterra and charizard and feraligatr before the elite four. That way you can have more good Pokemon through all the fun stuff. And maybe add more things to do before you challenge the league at evergrande.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I really hope this is the rs remake we have been drooling for since hgss. I think it will be. I hope it will be. My big hope is for all 4 starter trios from the previous generations to be available before the end of the game. I hate how in hgss you had to beat the game for all of the good stuff to open up. I want to have my torrterra and charizard and feraligatr before the elite four. That way you can have more good Pokemon through all the fun stuff. And maybe add more things to do before you challenge the league at evergrande.

It wouldn't really have the Hoenn feeling if you got access to stuff like that before beating the Elite Four.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Awww, that's no fun. ;( I don't think they'd add in that much stuff. The most they'll do to the Hoenn Dex is add are the evos and pre evos that were added in gen IV, like Budew, Dusknoir, etc.

Years

He's got a point, starters from every region should be obtainable through special means.

And of course, like HG/SS introduced Mamoswine, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Ambipom and Yanmega to the Johto Pokedex, a R/S remake should include all pre-evos and evos of Hoenn Pokemon such as Budew, Roserade, Froslass, Dusknoir, Probopass, Gallade etc.

Also, some Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Pokemon should be obtained during a swarm.

Cos swarms are cool and you can obtain great Pokemon from them.

I'd love to see all starters be obtainable, even the ones you don't choose.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    He's got a point, starters from every region should be obtainable through special means.

And of course, like HG/SS introduced Mamoswine, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Ambipom and Yanmega to the Johto Pokedex, a R/S remake should include all pre-evos and evos of Hoenn Pokemon such as Budew, Roserade, Froslass, Dusknoir, Probopass, Gallade etc.

Also, some Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Pokemon should be obtained during a swarm.

Cos swarms are cool and you can obtain great Pokemon from them.

I'd love to see all starters be obtainable, even the ones you don't choose.

He was talking about before the Elite Four though. Sure they should be obtainable someway, but let all that be after you defeat the E4.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    Easy, make the unavailable Hoenn pokemon in BW available in the remakes.

On a side note, I just realised that yesterday was the 6th month anniversary of this thread. Has the speculation really been going on for this long?

Years
    Easy, make the unavailable Hoenn pokemon in BW available in the remakes.

On a side note, I just realised that yesterday was the 6th month anniversary of this thread. Has the speculation really been going on for this long?

Yup, my Manectric-loving buddy here is right. Some of the great Hoenn Pokemon are only available with Poke Transfer, so we really need Ruby/Sapphire remakes to possibly eliminate the need for it.

Plus, I'd love to see Hoenn get a 5th Gen graphics upgrade.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Hopefully this time Team Magma obtains the red orb,Team Aqua obtains the blue orb, instead of the opposite.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I just realized I still have my swampert that I started with in my first Pokemon game sapphire with from 2003. It is on my white verision and it would be awesome to transfer it to the remake of the game in which I first got him. That would really be great. This remake assuming it happens would be the first time we would be able to do that since frlg were not compadable with rby and hgss were not compadable with gsc. That would really be awesome to do. Now that I think of it swampert has been in every game I have had ( sapphire firered emerald diamond platinum heartgold and white) bring him on to sapphire's remake would bring it all full circle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Since they introduce Kanto in every generation, it would be great if they add the sevii islands where we can battle gym leaders of Kanto and
    rematch the gym leaders of Hoenn.

And please GF make the back sprite of the Pokemons cleaner.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's called a sprite.

They probably should have gone with the entire full view of each Pokémon being displayed in battle instead of zooming into the back sprite.

They aren't going to redraw all of them larger again, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    In D/P/Pt someone says that he wants to see a rocket launches in hoenn, maybe they will make a cutscene of that.

I think also OAK will make an appearance in the after game, so you can get the National dex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back