• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'm expecting the R/S remakes will come first, the US 3rd version will come after 2 years from the US release of B/W, If it's going to be out in spring 2012, the US release would be in the Fall, unless they break the pattern.

But wouldn't be better if grey comes first?, so the the remakes would have much more updated things.

Well I'm sure whatever is first will have the upgrades that the other would follow anyway. Also can't be sure of what kind of upgrades exactly seeing as we have the Pokedex 3D app out(which could indicate Gray/ey/Chrome), but I guess RS remakes could work as well as a 'break', etc.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well it could be either any if you base it of previous patterns, a third game 2 years after BW or RS remake 10 year anniversary both occur in 2012. If none are announced in December which I'm sure it could well be then It most definitely will be in early 2012 because there is going to be a major game in 2012 I really do see it. The new game in spring could be irrelivant but nobody knows, something will happen in December.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    A little titbit of info from Pokebeach;
    pokebeach said:
    Upcoming merchandise releases strongly suggest that Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion will be featured in the 15th Pokemon movie (and by extension, Keldeo). The flier to the right states that the Musketeer Trio will have "activity in 2012," referring to the Pokemon franchise as a whole. A lot of big-name merchandise featuring the three is also scheduled for release starting in February, such as Takara Tomy figures, plushes, Bandai toys, and Plamo models - this kind of merchandise "hyping" only happens for a Pokemon movie. Last year, Entei, Suicune, and Raikou merchandise for the Zoroark movie began showing up around March; this year, Victini goods were rolling out by the end of February for the Victini movies. The evidence is almost enough to confirm their roles in the 15th movie short of an official announcement.
    Some of the merchandise promoting Virizion, Terrakion, and Cobalion, such as this one for Bandai figures, also features the infamous "?" signs, which in the past have referred to "new" Pokemon. The next "new" Pokemon to be revealed is Keldeo, so this is likely who the question marks are referring to. Not only that, but if you're going to have a movie with the Musketeer Trio, Keldeo will almost certainly be included as it is the trio's fourth member in the video games. Despite this entire article, anyone could have predicted Keldeo would be the star of the next movie and that the Musketeer Trio would be included as well. Keldeo is the first "hidden" Legendary at the end of the PokeDex this generation, and each recent in-generation Pokemon movie has featured a hidden Legendary (#491 Darkrai in 2007, #492 Shaymin in 2008, #493 Arceus in 2009).
    Since Pokemon teaser trailers usually come out around December, we'll probably get confirmation of this news within the next few weeks. Once we do, we'll know for sure that there will be a Keldeo distribution next year, its appearance in the TCG, etc.

So could the announcement in december just be about the new movie and unveiling Keldeo officially for the first time? It wouldn't suprise me.

Intelligence

The return
    Years
    If Grey comes out first, I won't buy it. I got very bored with my Black and White after the main story and now have nothing left to do in my Pokemon games (Emerald, Black, White). All I want is the remakes, even if they are going to be on the 3DS, I would buy a 3DS just for them.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    A little titbit of info from Pokebeach;

So could the announcement in december just be about the new movie and unveiling Keldeo officially for the first time? It wouldn't suprise me.

If they left out December as well, there wouldn't really be much time to hype up the game coming out in Spring. I'm not saying the announcement at Jump Festa couldn't be Keldeo, but I'm pretty sure something would be told about the new game, even if it's just a little something to hint at what it'd be and nothing more.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Why would they make such a big deal of it and attend just to reveal a Pokémon? There's got to be more to it. ~ Also, they said a new game is coming Spring 2012 so really like C Payne said December is the latest time to unveil something like that, otherwise it would just be rushed. Plus they said "Big announcement" so surely that can't be a minor thing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Why would they make such a big deal of it and attend just to reveal a Pokémon? There's got to be more to it. ~ Also, they said a new game is coming Spring 2012 so really like C Payne said December is the latest time to unveil something like that, otherwise it would just be rushed. Plus they said "Big announcement" so surely that can't be a minor thing.

Nobody "said a new game is coming Spring 2012". It was a passing mention during a Nintendo report that's been hyped up by other sources and not officially acknowledged in any form.

You're over-relying on these two things being connected to each other in the first place, and that they're specifically to do with a new Game Freak Pokémon game, when they could just as easily be not. The best thing to do is take a step back and remember that we don't have a solid ground to guess what could be announced.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I assumed it had been confirmed and I was trying to fit a decent pattern and Jumpa Fest seemed like the most plausible, guess I was wrong. Nonetheless it still could be something relevant. That's true that we have nothing to base it off

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Keep in mind that they called the Mewtwo announcement a "new shocking announcement" or something similar, so using the word "big" doesn't imply it's anything more than an event. :x

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    If they really want to make it a surprise, they should reveal the games before the Jump festa, in an unexpected day or at least on Corocoro.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I'm really hoping that mirage island and emerald's battle frontier make reapperances, along with southern island, faraway island and birth island as events. Though I'd really like it if they made southern island not an event.
    And hopefully some sort of location based jirachi. Maybe that white rock outside mossdeep space centre for example. (Or the moon!)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I'm really hoping that mirage island and emerald's battle frontier make reapperances, along with southern island, faraway island and birth island as events. Though I'd really like it if they made southern island not an event.
    And hopefully some sort of location based jirachi. Maybe that white rock outside mossdeep space centre for example. (Or the moon!)
    Hell yeah! I definitely want those events to return. And as far as Jirachi, note how Jirachi is one of only two legendary Pokemon (other than the unreleased last 3) who hasn't had an in-game location yet, the other being Manaphy. This would give them a reason to put Jirachi in. Also, note that Deoxys debuted in the remake of its generation, so maybe Genesect will debut in the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was never able to get the events that went on within the games, so it would be great to have the same events in a remake. Or they could always have a different event type with the same Pokémon that were given out before. I think it would probably be more ideal to do this, since movesets for Jirachi and the rest changed throughout generations and those who are into competitive battling would probably like this more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I think it's now obvious that the 3rd game will come first since the first merchandise from movie 15 has been confirmed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Pokemon Japan's official website updated their news feed and said they have news regarding Jump Festa. Using translators, it says "they will deliver some latest news regarding the Pokemon games" or "they will deliver the latest Pokemon games" on Jump Festa.. so I guess whatever the new game is, it'll be announced there like most people were speculating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Pokemon Japan's official website updated their news feed and said they have news regarding Jump Festa. Using translators, it says "they will deliver some latest news regarding the Pokemon games" or "they will deliver the latest Pokemon games" on Jump Festa.. so I guess whatever the new game is, it'll be announced there like most people were speculating.
    And as I said before it's a high chance that it' Grey, so I guess The R/S remakes will be out in late 2012.

I can't wait for 17 December!!!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There's still a chance this new Pokémon game won't be for the mainstream gaming too. For all we know it could be another spinoff, so I'm still not getting any high hopes on a third game for Black and White or an RS remake.

Though I would definitely prefer having an RS remake announced rather than a third game because I've waited my whole life forever for this to happen. n_n It just seems like it would make more sense to have the remake announced before a third game for BW (to me anyway).

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I would much rather the RS remakes, but with all the new merch I feel like its hard to deny that the next main game will be Gray if they are indeed going to announce a main game at Jump Festa.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back