• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'd hope so as well, especially as Nintendo have said they are allowing companies to update their games over the eshop on the 3DS.

The problem with that though is that either the R/S remakes will be on the 3DS with the same game engine as B/W, and then the same with Grey, or they will have designed a new engine for the remakes and Grey will use that.

Neither of these things make much sense, as either a generation will be split into two engines, or they will keep the same engine but then (assuming they come out on the 3DS) the 3DS games will have been basically designed for the DS, with a few tweaks.

I wouldn't mind either, but I can see them going with the second option (the first seems too much effort for one generation), which could harm the reception and sales of the games.

The problem is that gamefreak have a valid reason for the dilemma they're in; I bet by the time they found out that the 3DS existed they were too far through black and white to change anything without basically starting from scratch and making us wait an extra few years for new games.

That is assuming they didnt know about the 3DS. Nintendo seems like a smart company. SO im sure that That Game freak was kept informed about the 3DS. So it wouldnt surprise me if they planed to have B/W come out for the ds and for future instalments to come out on the 3DS

I'd hope so as well, especially as Nintendo have said they are allowing companies to update their games over the eshop on the 3DS.

The problem with that though is that either the R/S remakes will be on the 3DS with the same game engine as B/W, and then the same with Grey, or they will have designed a new engine for the remakes and Grey will use that.

Neither of these things make much sense, as either a generation will be split into two engines, or they will keep the same engine but then (assuming they come out on the 3DS) the 3DS games will have been basically designed for the DS, with a few tweaks.

I wouldn't mind either, but I can see them going with the second option (the first seems too much effort for one generation), which could harm the reception and sales of the games.

The problem is that gamefreak have a valid reason for the dilemma they're in; I bet by the time they found out that the 3DS existed they were too far through black and white to change anything without basically starting from scratch and making us wait an extra few years for new games.

That is assuming they didnt know about the 3DS. Nintendo seems like a smart company. SO im sure that That Game freak was kept informed about the 3DS. So it wouldnt surprise me if they planed to have B/W come out for the ds and for future instalments to come out on the 3DS

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I always think of more and more things that were in Ruby & Sapphire and how good they would be in a remake, I really hope one comes along soon.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I have a bit of an idea for a twist on the Emerald storyline between the two versions. In both versions, Kyogre and Groudon end up in their cataclysmic battle at Sootopolis City. In the Ruby remake, you end up catching Groudon at Lv45, and Kyogre at Lv70 in the post-game. In the Sapphire remake, it's reversed. I'd much prefer this as opposed to having to wait till the post-game to catch them both, as you did in Emerald. And I like the idea of Regigigas being accessible after catching the Regis. I also wonder if Birth Island, Navel Rock, and Faraway Island will be brought back, accessible with Mystery Gift items.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I have a bit of an idea for a twist on the Emerald storyline between the two versions. In both versions, Kyogre and Groudon end up in their cataclysmic battle at Sootopolis City. In the Ruby remake, you end up catching Groudon at Lv45, and Kyogre at Lv70 in the post-game. In the Sapphire remake, it's reversed. I'd much prefer this as opposed to having to wait till the post-game to catch them both, as you did in Emerald. And I like the idea of Regigigas being accessible after catching the Regis. I also wonder if Birth Island, Navel Rock, and Faraway Island will be brought back, accessible with Mystery Gift items.
    Also Rayquaza should be accessible in the after game, as its level is 70,
    you can defeat the elite four easily by it, it should have been like this in emerald.

pokeskate

Lerroux says "bye-bye!
    Years
    I honestly think that ruby/saphire/emerald were and still are some of the best poke games ever. they were the first games to actually feature decent graphics and i really liked the story line-it was very unique, just like black/whites. thats just my opinion...but i made an oath to myself to buy every new pokemon game that comes out(the ones with real stories not games like puzzle or myster dungeon) so ima buy it anyway:) iv kept this oath ever since r/s/e came out lol

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think they will maintain the version exclusives for both Ruby & Sapphire but include some Emerald features as they did with HG/SS because I'm sure they would want to make each game slightly different.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    As it's said in serebii, new Pokemon announcement will come in jump festa! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    I think they will maintain the version exclusives for both Ruby & Sapphire but include some Emerald features as they did with HG/SS because I'm sure they would want to make each game slightly different.

I agree with him, the version exclusive Pokemon from the original Ruby & Sapphire will be retained but they might add some extra post-game Pokemon to the version exclusives. (like some certain Gen IV and V Pokemon and maybe some earlier Pokemon too)

They should also include some Emerald features (like the Battle Frontier).

And they should make Brendan/May's starter reach its final form and be available for rematches unlike the original R/S.

In the case of Wally, he will reappear and they might make his team similar to the original but maybe change the Pokemon (except Gardevoir as it was his first Pokemon).

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    I agree with him, the version exclusive Pokemon from the original Ruby & Sapphire will be retained but they might add some extra post-game Pokemon to the version exclusives. (like some certain Gen IV and V Pokemon and maybe some earlier Pokemon too)

They should also include some Emerald features (like the Battle Frontier).

And they should make Brendan/May's starter reach its final form and be available for rematches unlike the original R/S.

In the case of Wally, he will reappear and they might make his team similar to the original but maybe change the Pokemon (except Gardevoir as it was his first Pokemon).

I guess you are right. Version Exclusives have been consistent since FRLGHGSS. I think though, some Pokemon from previous generation will be unavailable too. Pokemon like Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon, glaceon. Also, Lillipup;s line comes to my mind as cannot be found in the wild. Also Throh, sawk, and Volcarona.

Rufflet and Vullaby are also exclusives: maybe Ruby and Sapphire respectively.

Aarghhh... too many exclusives.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I guess you are right. Version Exclusives have been consistent since FRLGHGSS. I think though, some Pokemon from previous generation will be unavailable too. Pokemon like Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon, glaceon. Also, Lillipup;s line comes to my mind as cannot be found in the wild. Also Throh, sawk, and Volcarona.

Rufflet and Vullaby are also exclusives: maybe Ruby and Sapphire respectively.

Aarghhh... too many exclusives.

Hopefully they'll add a moss rock somewhere near fortree, and if you level up magneton in mauville power plant it'll evolve. That wouldn't be too hard for them to do.
    Not sure where they could put an ice rock though, maybe shoal cave? I can see them letting nosepass evolve, as it is a 3rd gen pokemon, same with roselia and snorunt(to froslass).

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Hopefully they'll add a moss rock somewhere near fortree, and if you level up magneton in mauville power plant it'll evolve. That wouldn't be too hard for them to do.
    Not sure where they could put an ice rock though, maybe shoal cave? I can see them letting nosepass evolve, as it is a 3rd gen pokemon, same with roselia and snorunt(to froslass).

Didn't think of those locations. Why not the moss rock at Petalburg Forest? For easy accessibility though. Maybe they will add a new place for probopass, though.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I can see them adding a new location to Hoenn as they did with FRLG (Sevii Islands) & HGSS (Route 45 I think) where you will be able to acess post-storyline to catch multiregion pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh & Unova.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I really hope mirage island makes a reappearance, I never found it in sapphire or emerald. And finding it would be a lot easier now, with the advent of the gts and wireless trading.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    What it needs:

-Wallace as Champion
    -Able to re-battle Steven after beating the Elite Four again
    -Able to choose to battle Team Magma, Aqua or both
    (For example, in Petalburg woods when you see the Devon guy getting robbed you can either battle a Magma Grunt and follow Ruby's storyline or an Aqua Grunt and follow Aqua's storyline or battle them both in a double battle, following Emerald's storyline)
    -Battle Frontier
    -Able to catch Groudon (if battling Magma), Kyogre (if battling Aqua) or Rayquaza (if battling them both)

might have other ideas...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moss Rock in Petalburg Woods obv, but I'm thinking Ice Rock in Shoal Cave in the room where Snorunt is. As for a mountain area for Probopass and Magnezone, Granite Cave should suffice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Moss Rock in Petalburg Woods obv, but I'm thinking Ice Rock in Shoal Cave in the room where Snorunt is. As for a mountain area for Probopass and Magnezone, Granite Cave should suffice.

As far as location-based evolution goes, they may put in alternatives within the game so trading isn't required to receive those evolutions (I'm thinking 50% chance), but if they do, they probably won't be in areas that existed in the previous generations (or they would be in a new room/area that didn't exist in the previous generation) and such areas will not be accessible until after defeating the Elite Four and obtaining the (Inter)National Dex.

Gamefreak tends to feel compelled to cover up their tracks, but really their efforts to do so to counter all the innocent young/obnoxious know-it-all fans inquiring why their Azumarill won't produce an Azurill are becoming a tangled mess. Having two Pokemon requiring a held item to be held to be produced when breeding? Ok, but still fairly silly. Having nine different incenses to explain why those Pokemon didn't exist before? Ridiculous. They've even contradicted themselves when they introduced Mamoswine in generation IV- it is technically possible to obtain a Piloswine with AncientPower in generation III via breeding.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    As far as location-based evolution goes, they may put in alternatives within the game so trading isn't required to receive those evolutions (I'm thinking 50% chance), but if they do, they probably won't be in areas that existed in the previous generations (or they would be in a new room/area that didn't exist in the previous generation) and such areas will not be accessible until after defeating the Elite Four and obtaining the (Inter)National Dex.

Gamefreak tends to feel compelled to cover up their tracks, but really their efforts to do so to counter all the innocent young/obnoxious know-it-all fans inquiring why their Azumarill won't produce an Azurill are becoming a tangled mess. Having two Pokemon requiring a held item to be held to be produced when breeding? Ok, but still fairly silly. Having nine different incenses to explain why those Pokemon didn't exist before? Ridiculous. They've even contradicted themselves when they introduced Mamoswine in generation IV- it is technically possible to obtain a Piloswine with AncientPower in generation III via breeding.

I think things like level up with ancientpower, level up near moss rock, etc. might be partially to explain why the pokemon didn't exist before, but also just to make the evolutions more interesting, rather than just the standard leveling up. It brings more variety to the game, and can make some pokemon more of a challenge to get.

Those baby pokemon annoy me though, increasing their happiness always takes forever...

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I'm expecting the R/S remakes will come first, the US 3rd version will come after 2 years from the US release of B/W, If it's going to be out in spring 2012, the US release would be in the Fall, unless they break the pattern.

But wouldn't be better if grey comes first?, so the the remakes would have much more updated things.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back