• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    They'll make it, for the money. HG/SS were unnecessary Dex-wise, unlike FR/LG. For me, perhaps because I was 9, R/S seem too recent for a remake.
    FR/LG will not be remade, remaking a remake would be asinine.
    DSi exclusivity is non-existent, it's the same game cards from DS.
    Hints are not hints, just good continuity.
    Following math, R/S remakes wouldn't come out until 2014; 8 years for R/G/B, 10 for G/S, 12 for R/S.
    Contradicting myself: Gen I will eventually be re-rereleased, in 2024, 2026.20 years constitutes a remake.

Nintendo knew that hoenn remake would not be successful because many people hated the 3rd gen cuz misty went..

that's why it would not be a nice idea making remakes of hoenn...

Yes, because R/S sold HORRIBLY. Nintendo also listens to money more than people, most companies do. Nintendo wouldn't remake the anime.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Not trying to offend anyone, but some of these speculation "hints" weren't really hints IMO, even though G/S remakes did happen.

5. Kurt's unique Pokeballs are obtainable in the game, but only by hacking.
    Actually they aren't programmed into D/P/Pt at all.

6. By hacking, you can get your Pokemon to be from Johto, meaning the game is trade-able with a Johto game...
    lol, what's funny is that when you trade a Pokemon from HG/SS to D/P/Pt, it doesn't say Johto, it just says, "Faraway place". And interestingly, if you trade a Pokemon from D/P/Pt to HG/SS, it'll actually say it's Sinnoh location.

11. Crasher Wake and Chuck hold their arms in the same way.
    No offense, but I think this had absolutely nothing to do with "hinting" at a G/S remake.

12. After Bebe gives you an Eevee, she mentions Bill having a bunch of them.
    lol, what's funny is that when Bill gives you the Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, he mentions that it just came along, implying that Bill does not have a bunch of Eevees. Way to go, GameFreak.

13. There is a GS ball in the middle of every Pokemon Center.
    There's a Pokeball in the middle of every Pokemon Center since Gen III...

Anyways, I think there will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake in the future, but I don't think it should be Gen V. It just seems too soon, after all, then that's like saying we'll be getting Diamond/Pearl remakes in Gen VI, and that's just... I mean, seriously, can you imagine the thought of Diamond/Pearl remakes in Gen VI? I think it would be way too soon for that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I would so buy it. Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I ever played (along with Crystal). I reckon these will be the last remakes ever made. No point remaking a remake

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    If there is, I think it would be great; mainly because I enjoyed Ruby. But it would have to include some features from HG/SS, e.g going to a different region, Pokémon following you, the new movepools, etc. etc..

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    Well honestly there is a tradition of Kanto being in each generation (Gen I was entirely Kanto, Gen II you went to Kanto after beating Johto, Gen III RBG was remade, Gen IV HGSS had the ability to go to Kanto) so there might be in some way the ability to go to Kanto, however I would love to see Hoenn remade.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    If there was a Hoenn remake, do you think maybe it would be in the style of Black and White, with the sense of depth? Also if they dont let Pokemon follow you in Black and White, they would be able to bring it back in the Hoenn remakes to make it a little more popular, considering the flop the originals made compared to other games in the series.

Years
    I think kantos might have been put back to R/B/Y standards rather than a G/S/C kanto so they didnt have to remake RF/LG but could remake R/S plus its true you can get the legandaries and starters but you cant get alot of standard pokemon.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    I would love fr/lg remake for i was expecting the sevi islands in hg/ss and they wernt there :(...
    id also love a 3 gen remake jus for the memories and the graphics and underwater :D

Years
    Yes, because R/S sold HORRIBLY. Nintendo also listens to money more than people, most companies do. Nintendo wouldn't remake the anime.
    What? I hope that was sarcasm.

How did they have bad sales? RS are the 18th best-selling console games of all time, and the best-selling games for the GBA, with over 1 million more sales than FRLG; and that's not including Emerald.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    Considering I buy every game off course i would, but thats not besides the fact I love Hoenn

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Yeah, I would. Contrary to a lot of people's opinions on here, I loved the Hoenn region. The gameplay and music were my favourite parts, as well as the new Pokemon, storylines and side quests.

A remake would seem a bit weird at first though, considering Ruby and Sapphire come from the same Generation as the 1st Gen remakes.

Even weirder - Once the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are out, people will be speculating Diamond and Pearl remakes.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    Well, to plan it out:

Gen I:
    1998-Red & Blue (Duo)
    1999-Yellow (Follow up)

Gen II:
    2000-Gold & Silver (Duo)
    2001-Crystal (Follow up)

Gen III:
    2003-Ruby & Saphire (Duo)
    2004-FireRed & LeafGreen (Remake of Gen I Duo)
    2005-Emerald (Ruby & Saphire Follow Up)

Gen IV:
    2007-Diamond & Pearl (Duo)
    2009 -Platinum (Follow up)
    2010-HeartGold & SoulSilver (Remake of Gen II duo)

Gen V:
    2011-Black & White

Gen V:
    2011-Black & White (Duo)
    ~2012-????? (Follow Up)
    ~2013-????? & ????? (Remake of Gen III Duo)

(If Pokemon goes to Gen VI)

Gen VI:
    ~2015-New Duo
    ~2016-Follow up
    ~2017-Gen IV Remake

Now some people were saying it would feel to soon for a Gen IV remake after Gen V, but look, By the possible time it would be released, it would be 10 years apart, and the graphics would be even way better than B/W.

Note: not to be rude but this is really urking me, people keep saying they want a remake of the follow up game and that hgss is a remake of crystal: By the time they get remade, they mix the storylines of the three games, including the suicune plot, and still give you the lugia/ho-oh storyline twisted in. They most likely will remake the duo with the features of the follow up's features.

But anyway, yes I am a semi hater of Hoenn-based games, but Seeing it in B/W 3D would be awsome. So yes, like any pokemon game, (if i like it or not) I probably will buy both.

Years
    A remake of RS will definately happen. Although, since Black and White are being released on the DS, it'll be interesting to see how they do it. I suppose there's still no reason not to remake RS, just because it'd be on the DS.

Anyway, an RS remake would be interesting, to say the least. I wonder who the Champion'd be? Steven or Wallace? (Since there was no real need to make Wallace the Champion in the first place, they could go either way with it).

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    A remake of RS will definately happen. Although, since Black and White are being released on the DS, it'll be interesting to see how they do it. I suppose there's still no reason not to remake RS, just because it'd be on the DS.

Anyway, an RS remake would be interesting, to say the least. I wonder who the Champion'd be? Steven or Wallace? (Since there was no real need to make Wallace the Champion in the first place, they could go either way with it).
    I seriously doubt that the rest of 5th Gen will be on DS, because the DS is pretty much dead by the time 2011 hits. The DS came out in 2004. I have a strong feeling that the rest of 5th Gen will be on 3DS, just like how in 2nd Gen they moved from GB to GBC, I think they'll move from DS to 3DS.

Also about who will be the Champion, it's interesting to note that in HG/SS, when Steven appears for the first time in Vermilion City, he introduces himself as the Hoenn Champion, even though as of 2005 (Pokemon Emerald) Steven is not the Hoenn Champion. Either they made a mistake, or they deliberately said that because they're planning on making Steven the Champion again.

I think Steven fits as a much better Champion as Wallace, and here's why:
    *Steven was originally designed as the Champion
    *Wallace was originally designed as a Gym Leader
    *In D/P/Pt, the Champion, Cynthia, meets up with you throughout the game. In R/S, Steven's role is extremely similar to Cynthia's, he meets up with you throughout the game, and you find out he's the Champion.
    *In Pokemon Emerald, Steven is just some random guy that meets up with you throughout the game. And you don't even see Wallace until you reach Sootopolis.
    *Juan has absolutely no reason to exist.

The only thing I liked about Wallace being the Champion is that when I fought him for the first time in Emerald, I thought he was HARD. IMO, Wallace seemed a lot tougher than Steven. Though Metagross is a much more epic Pokemon of to end the Pokemon League than Milotic. After all, generally pseudo legendaries should be the Champion's strongest. Look at it this way:
    FireRed/LeafGreen Champion signature: Lv63 or Lv75 Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise
    - Okay, so none of those Pokemon are pseudo legendaries, but this is an exception, since your rival is the Champion. The final member of the Elite Four uses a pseudo legendary.

HeartGold/SoulSilver: Lv50 or Lv75 Dragonite
    - Yep, pseudo legendary

Ruby/Sapphire: Lv58 Metagross
    - Yep, pseudo legendary

Emerald: Lv58 Milotic
    - A random Pokemon. wtf!?!?!?

Diamond/Pearl: Lv66 Garchomp
    - Yep, pseudo legendary

Platinum: Lv62 or Lv78 Garchomp
    - Yep, pseudo legendary

So generally, I think Steven & Metagross is much more fitting as the Champion's final Pokemon than Milotic, since the majority of the Champion's use a pseudo legendary as their strongest Pokemon.

Well, to plan it out:

Gen I:
    1998-Red & Blue (Duo)
    1999-Yellow (Follow up)

Actually, Gen I went like this:

February 1996 - Red & Green (Duo, Japanese release)

October 1996 - Blue (Original follow up, Japanese release)

1998 - Yellow (Anime-based spinoff, Japanese release)

1998 - Red & Blue (Duo, translated from Japanese Blue. Basically it's the Japanese Blue version with wild Pokemon from Red & Green, plus it's been translated to English. American release)

1999 - Yellow (American release. In America it's considered a follow up, but in Japan it's just an extra fourth game)

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    Actually, Gen I went like this:

February 1996 - Red & Green (Duo, Japanese release)

October 1996 - Blue (Original follow up, Japanese release)

1998 - Yellow (Anime-based spinoff, Japanese release)

1998 - Red & Blue (Duo, translated from Japanese Blue. Basically it's the Japanese Blue version with wild Pokemon from Red & Green, plus it's been translated to English. American release)

1999 - Yellow (American release. In America it's considered a follow up, but in Japan it's just an extra fourth game)

Yeah, I only meant the N.A. Releases. :)

And I never thought of that... Who would be champion? I liked how Steven was kind of like Red in Emerald though. I hate Wallace, and Juan is just... No.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Of Course they would Remake them, starting with Gen 3 we've got a remake in all of them
    3rd Gen = FRLG
    4TH Gen = HGSS
    5th Gen = ?? Probably MRAS

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back