• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I WANT SHINY DOLLIES PLEASE. Haha. Shiny Treecko has great colors. ...Not that I'd start with it though tbh. lol Good idea though. So fluffy. ...Or have shiny start dolls to commemorate actual shiny starter dolls that are released in the real world. OH I'm thinking too good to be true stuff haha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Or have shiny start dolls to commemorate actual shiny starter dolls that are released in the real world.
    I WOULD BUY THEM ALL.
    That sounds like an epic idea. And you only get the dolls by pre-ordering.
    And indeed it does have great colors. I starts with it sometimes, but mostly it's Torchic or Mudkip. Shiny Mudkip doll plz. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    I think it's safe to say Contest will make a return in R|S Remakes because of the fact the contest were R|S MAIN accessory, I don't think they would get rid of that in the remakes so maybe they will bring it back just for these games.

The idea of shiny starter dolls sounds amazing I would so get them all! :D

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I WOULD BUY THEM ALL.
    That sounds like an epic idea. And you only get the dolls by pre-ordering.
    And indeed it does have great colors. I starts with it sometimes, but mostly it's Torchic or Mudkip. Shiny Mudkip doll plz. <3

I would pre-order also, if it means getting them, ha.

I think it's safe to say Contest will make a return in R|S Remakes because of the fact the contest were R|S MAIN accessory, I don't think they would get rid of that in the remakes so maybe they will bring it back just for these games.

As long as they worked along the lines of how the originals worked, then I'm all for them.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well the fact that contests & secret bases were both exclusive to RS and apparently had a positive reaction with players I'd assume that they would recreate this and expand on features in remakes. I'd probably end up buying both Ruby & Sapphire given the version exclusives etc.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Well the fact that contests & secret bases were both exclusive to RS and apparently had a positive reaction with players I'd assume that they would recreate this and expand on features in remakes. I'd probably end up buying both Ruby & Sapphire given the version exclusives etc.

I hope the old berry growing makes a return as well. I enjoyed planting them and checking on them throughout my play times, and they really helped with giving Hoenn that 'nature' feel. With this whole new pot thing and DW growing, I don't use them as much nowadays, the old berry growing would be another nice option to have again.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I hope the old berry growing makes a return as well. I enjoyed planting them and checking on them throughout my play times, and they really helped with giving Hoenn that 'nature' feel. With this whole new pot thing and DW growing, I don't use them as much nowadays, the old berry growing would be another nice option to have again.
    I NURSED those berries like they were my babies. I missed the discussion of berry growing from before, but gosh, I would water mine every hour on the hour until they were fully bloomed. I can't tell you how many hundreds of Pecha and Sitrus berries I had. And they trees were so adorable!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If the Remakes can link to Global Link, putting Berry growing system becomes redundant. Allow Berry Growing in the Remakes defeats the purpose of growing them in the Dream World.

Its kinda lose lose for the company.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    If the Remakes can link to Global Link, putting Berry growing system becomes redundant. Allow Berry Growing in the Remakes defeats the purpose of growing them in the Dream World.

But not everyone has access to the Dream World. (i.e. me)
    So what about those people who can't access Wi-Fi or for those who don't even have it? And it doesn't defeat the purpose. People like to do different things. I would completely forget about my berries in the Dream World if I had access to it. Where as, since I play my game everyday, I personally wouldn't forget about the berries I've planted.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

The Pokémon Dream World is not a completely static thing - that's the whole point of an online service.

It can change, they can change it and deliver new and totally different content to Ruby and Sapphire players, instead of going back the game and hacking out features that it was designed around. Don't take the easy way out - put the effort in that a AAA title should.

Why are you so adamant they'll ignore the design of this region and what they designed these games around for the things they made specifically for B/W? Contests and Musicals are both side-game equals. Hoenn Contests were replaced by Sinnoh Super Contests, which were replaced by Jhoto Pokéthlons which were replaced by Unova Musicals. This doesn't mean Game Freak said "These things suck we're never doing them again" it means they want to design different types of game for each different region, to provide variety for players by changing things around each time they play a new game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Contests were always my favorite side things to do in any Pokemon game. Not to mention the Emerald Battle Frontier was also my favorite!

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
    Contests were always my favorite side things to do in any Pokemon game. Not to mention the Emerald Battle Frontier was also my favorite!
    I don't think they'll add the Frontier Brain. Since that was in Emerald & we are talking about Ruby & Sapphire remakes unfortunately they will not be in unless they make an Emerald remake which I doubt.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't think they'll add the Frontier Brain. Since that was in Emerald & we are talking about Ruby & Sapphire remakes unfortunately they will not be in unless they make an Emerald remake which I doubt.
    That's not quite true. If that was the case, they wouldn't have added in things that were in Crystal only (Eusine for one) in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I'd say there is a good chance for there for me the Frontier Brain in the remakes.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I agree with Tara. There's no way they'd skip out on the Battle Frontier, since all games after Emerald have had them, or have had some form of them. The real question is which Frontier they'd use. PtHGSS' frontier, Emerald's, or an entirely new one?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I agree with Tara. There's no way they'd skip out on the Battle Frontier, since all games after Emerald have had them, or have had some form of them. The real question is which Frontier they'd use. PtHGSS' frontier, Emerald's, or an entirely new one?
    I hope they use the original from Emerald. However if they would introduce new ones, I'd be excited to see what they bring. I hope they include something like the Battle Pike. :c

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Exactly, they'd be RS remakes, but with Emerald stuff mixed in(more likely to have more of an Emerald feel still).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Exactly, they'd be RS remakes, but with Emerald stuff mixed in(more likely to have more of an Emerald feel still).

Then it wouldn't be Ruby/Sapphire Remakes. It would be two Emerald Remakes.

From my knowledge, HeartGold/SoulSilver have quite a bit of Crystal-related things jammed into them. On the top of my head, the Suicune subplot and Mysticalman Eusine, Suicune retaining his "roaming Pokemon" moveset from Crystal, the Global Terminal (which emulates the Pokemon Communication Center that was introduced in Crystal), animated sprites, the Battle Frontier (roughly an extension of Crystal's Battle Tower) are all Crystal elements. HG and SS even have things that the Generation 2 games didn't have at all (and I don't mean things like 3D graphical enhancements, which was essentially guaranteed by virtue of the DS's capabilities and the standard set by DPPt), such as an event Giovanni battle and walking Pokemon, a feature previously exclusive to Yellow Version.

The RS remakes are likely going to have Emerald bits mixed in regardless, such as the Hoenn Battle Frontier, Gym Leader rematches, Pokemon abilities having effects in the overworld (i.e., Flame Body reducing the Egg-hatching duration by 50%), and Speed Forme Deoxys.
    Despite these inclusions, the RS remakes are very capable of staying faithful to the original Ruby and Sapphire Versions while embracing things that made Emerald great in its own right, just as HG/SS incorporated Crystal's elements while primarily staying true to Gold and Silver.

Although my gut is telling me that the Ruby/Sapphire variant of the "Hoenn" plot will be used, I'd really prefer it if Emerald's plot was used, as IMO it seamlessly integrates Team Magma and Team Aqua's activities (although Team Magma seems to get a bigger portion of the spotlight...) and give all three members of the Weather Trio a chance to shine. I would hate for Rayquaza to simply be relegated to "that legendary green Pokemon you can catch in that out-of-the-way tower near that out-of-the-way floating city" status, when we know its connection with Groudon and Kyogre with the release of Emerald.

Concerning the Battle Tower/Frontier: XanderO, would you honestly have Ruby/Sapphire's one-mode only Battle Tower featuring only Hoenn-Pokedex Pokemon with subpar items as prizes, or would you rather have Emerald's full-fledged Battle Frontier, complete with a wide array of move tutors, useful items, and more than one battling mode (more than one facility, even!) available?

As for which variant of Battle Frontier would likely be used, I would think that the RS remakes would use Emerald's Battle Frontier setup complete with Hoenn's Frontier Brains, possibly with some revamps. The Platinum Battle Frontier has been done twice (I thought HG/SS deserved a unique Battle Frontier of their own, but whatever); a return in Hoenn would just seem really lazy, especially since Hoenn has its own Frontier to work off of.

Creating a entirely new Battle Frontier from scratch would just seem very jarring IMO, especially since the Hoenn Frontier Brains are the only "Frontier" group aside from the BW Subway Bosses to have been prominently featured in the anime - they even had a whole season dedicated to them! Plus, it would just seem rude to do away with what Emerald managed to contribute to the characters of Pokemon. New Battle Frontier ideas could be quite useful for "Gray Version", though...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Wow are we really going to get people going super pedantic over what classifies as an "Such-and-such Remake".

HG/SS included Eusine's story, unique themes for the Legendary Beasts, Beuna's Password and many many more things that were only in Crystal. Game Freak does not care in the slightest about trivial things like remakes including features from games that don't share the exact same name. Stop bringing this issue up.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back