• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    In Black and White the optional Character choice doesn't exist in the game as an NPC.

They're partner trainers in the Multi Line Battle Subway but whatever.

Another major difference. Wally doesn't play a crucial role to the over all story. While both Bell and Cheren had many interactions with Team Plasma as part of their character development. Wally's development happened off screen and through second hand knowledge by his family.

Yeah because Game Freak didn't have the faintest clue how to develop characters and write good ones at that time.

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Released: Sep. 12th, 2009 (Year after Platinum) (Same system and graphics as Platinum)

More importantly it was 10 years since Gold and Silver.

If we follow this "Grey/Gray" wouldn't be released until 2012...near...September to December

We don't know which game will come out first because it's happened in different orders before with FR/LG to Emerald and Platinum to HG/SS.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Compatible with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Compatible with Black/White.

When Diamond and Pearl aren't compatible then maybe they'd have reason to remake Ruby and Sapphire, but right now, there isn't a need to do this.

It's so wonderful to have to own at least one DS Lite system (rapidly being discontinued) and at least one other DS system available to be able to Pal Park from III to IV, then Pokétransfer from IV to V.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    @Mega Shock
    The other character is always treated as generic sprite. When you crossed one of the older versions with a newer one (I think it was Ruby/Sapphire with Fire Red/Leaf Green) The boy from the newer one always looked like the Boy from the older one on the older one's game. Generics are usually easier to use than to program different NPCs with the Pokemon.

Too many quotes to quote XD

If you use the 10 year count between G/S and their remakes then the R/S remakes will be in 2014 XD Which was my estimated year.

As for the DS lite's discontinuing. So far only Gamestop has publicly announced they aren't stocking the systems anymore. The ones near me still have a good few in stock and are still taking older ones for the 3DS trade in. I asked today and the managers all said that they were still accepting them for trade ins just that their corporate office is no longer sending them shipments from their warehouses. So they now have limited quantities.

I work at Toys R Us and my boss (well department supervisor) said we are still getting them for another year or so until Nintendo stops making them. I think you can still order custom DS's as well from the main site. Which is a lot more expensive than retail ones.

Personally I hope they bring back the Dongle system. They removed it cause they wanted to stop selling GBA and push the DS games which weren't making enough sales to match the system's sales in the beginning.

But ya. So far there is still a way to double transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 4 to Gen 5. And until that is 100% gone there really isn't a point to the remake.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Both the 3rd gen and the new one have a sassy grass type. any one else noticed that there the only 2 that ever had any emotion except for happy?

PS: if i does get remade it would probably not include emerald ( like how crytal never got redone) and both pokemon would be available in either game like in HGSS.

My guess for the names would probably be like

Shining Sapphire and and radiating ruby.
    and i feel like ruby would have more advancements like cites while sapphire would be more forested because kyoger was always all calm while groudon was always freaking out and screaming

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • But ya. So far there is still a way to double transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 4 to Gen 5. And until that is 100% gone there really isn't a point to the remake.

By a similar definition, there wasn't really a point to HeartGold and SoulSilver being released. All Johto Pokemon were available in Generation 3 somehow, though the method(s) of obtaining them all were tedious. That Generation is still interactive via Generation 4 via Pal Park, so regarding Johto Pokemon availability, HGSS weren't necessary; they just made things easier. DPPt even made getting certain Johto Pokemon easier, which could have also limited the chance for GS remakes. Really, when you get right down to it, the only "point" to HGSS was seeing Johto (and by extension, Kanto) in 3D. In the same vein, RS3DS isn't necessary either, but given the nature of remakes, it is likely.
    RS3DS is essentially in the exact same boat as HGSS were - not necessary per say, but desired by a good portion of the fandom.

Hoenn Pokemon availability should not be used as a reason to justify whether there's a "point" to RS3DS's viability. It's just as hard to get Hoenn Pokemon as it is to get Johto Pokemon - coupled with RSE and FRLG, you just need 1-3 additional games for Johto Pokemon. The process of transferring them to Generation 4 was still a hassle, but it could be done. Yet HGSS exist. As long as Nintendo can profit for it, RS3DS is a very likely venture for Nintendo.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire remakes? Mondo epic. A lot of people that disliked the originals argue against remaking these two games, particularly citing the monotony of the water Routes later in the game, but I figure that this is their chance to fix those mistakes, maybe change up the wild Pokemon encounters and such... That, and they could finally decide on Brendan's hair color!

Years
  • If they do choose to remake them, they better keep the music identical with the same instruments, just higher quality. Same with the graphics. I loved those trees.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Ruby and Sapphire remakes? Mondo epic. A lot of people that disliked the originals argue against remaking these two games, particularly citing the monotony of the water Routes later in the game, but I figure that this is their chance to fix those mistakes, maybe change up the wild Pokemon encounters and such... That, and they could finally decide on Brendan's hair color!
    I found the water routes pretty tiresome and monotonous too. I honestly hated all those Wingulls popping up all the time. So yeah, I agree. And maybe add some more land in between those water routes?
    If they do choose to remake them, they better keep the music identical with the same instruments, just higher quality. Same with the graphics. I loved those trees.
    I actually hated those trees. :x

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    If they do choose to remake them, they better keep the music identical with the same instruments, just higher quality. Same with the graphics. I loved those trees.

One of the original composers for R/S no longer works on Pokémon games and the music team for B/W was lead by a new member (Shota Kageyama) who joined Game Freak for HG/SS. It's pretty likely the music will at least see some re-interpretation by the new music staff working at Game Freak (alongside Masuda and Ichinose who also worked on R/S).

Besides that, the music will naturally be re-arranged and re-worked because they're no longer working with the limitations of the Game Boy Advance's sound hardware.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'd buy it. I loved R/S/E and since Sapphire was the first game I ever bought I wouldn't mind playing it again to see how much has changed and such. So overall, I'd love to buy it. New graphics and such, it makes me jittery just thinking about it :D /notreaaly:x

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I wonder what the Gym's TM spread would be. Maybe something aong the lines of....

Roxanne = Rock Tomb

Brawly = Bulk Up

Wattson = Charge Beam

Flannery = Overheat

Norman = Realiate or Work Up

Winnona = Acrobatics or Sky Drop (or lolPluck)

Tate&Lisa = Calm Mind

Wallace or Juan = Scald

The only people that would change there TMs giveaway would be Wattson, Norman, Winnona and the 8th Leader. Wattson will be tougher then his ever was, Norman is more or less the same, since you can status him now, but you should watch out for a Retaliate, or if he has Work Up, dont let him set up. Winnona will be a nightmare if she gets Acrobatics since you will have to deal with EQ + Dragon Breath + 110Base Acrobatics after Sitrus Berry. Though if Sky Drop or Pluck is given to her, she will be a joke. The 8th Leader will be tougher to, because if Juan appears for the RS remakes (I'm guessing this since there was Crysal stuff in the HGSS remakes) you will have to deal with Double Team + Rest + Burn. Good luck Physical Attackers. Oh and no Aerial Ace Swellow to bypass it and enjoy the Burn.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Due to the plot differences between RS and Emerald, I can see all three being remade. Otherwise, I think Game Freak will make the classic mistake of following a remake (Emerald) in another remake (the RS remakes) which generally results in disaster. I can see a large portion of the fanbase boycotting the remakes if they redo all the changes they made for Emerald without the other "third version" bonuses.

The "worst-case" reasonable scenario is:
    -Wallace is the champion. (Follows Emerald.)
    -Steven is a bonus boss. (Follows Emerald.)
    -The BW Battle Subway replaces the Hoenn Battle Tower/Frontier.
    -There are no gym rematches or animated sprites.
    -Brendan and May keep their Emerald outfits, and/or one of them is renamed.

Keep in mind that this is NOT what I think will happen. This is the worst-case scenario, composed of the worst things that have happened to remakes, plus an inexplicable Battle Subway appearance.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I hated Battle Subway :c. I see no point to it other than to make us groan and moan by not having Battle Frontier..*cries silently*. I honestly cannot think of anything they could actually make better...Perhaps..No..Um..*shrugs* I absolutely love Hoenn and R/S/E in its entirety, even the water routes, though they make me so mad..They are still fun! :D. I hope they just take it, make it with better graphics, Sinnoh Pokes, Unova pokes, a few extra end game things like rematches with the gym leaders, and maybe some uber boss like Red or two to get other starters from other regions ^_^. Other than that, the only thing I would like is it being able to be played on a Ds Lite XD.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    I wonder what the Gym's TM spread would be. Maybe something aong the lines of....

Roxanne = Rock Tomb

Brawly = Bulk Up

Wattson = Charge Beam

Flannery = Overheat

Norman = Realiate or Work Up

Winnona = Acrobatics or Sky Drop (or lolPluck)

Tate&Lisa = Calm Mind

Wallace or Juan = Scald

The only people that would change there TMs giveaway would be Wattson, Norman, Winnona and the 8th Leader. Wattson will be tougher then his ever was, Norman is more or less the same, since you can status him now, but you should watch out for a Retaliate, or if he has Work Up, dont let him set up. Winnona will be a nightmare if she gets Acrobatics since you will have to deal with EQ + Dragon Breath + 110Base Acrobatics after Sitrus Berry. Though if Sky Drop or Pluck is given to her, she will be a joke. The 8th Leader will be tougher to, because if Juan appears for the RS remakes (I'm guessing this since there was Crysal stuff in the HGSS remakes) you will have to deal with Double Team + Rest + Burn. Good luck Physical Attackers. Oh and no Aerial Ace Swellow to bypass it and enjoy the Burn.

Well now that TMs aren't tradeable anymore, they could reintroduce the old TMs or introduce completely new ones within the current generation. I would appreciate that because I miss quite a few old TMs such as Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse and some others.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Hoenn is the potentially most beautiful region yet, with:

- Foretrees tree houses
    - Pacifidlog in general
    - Falabor and surrounding, if it gets some more significant craters
    - Dewford, if it gets a beach theme or something
    - Sotopolis' crater structure
    - Verdanturfs flowery clean area

(Sorry that i cant spell the town names :I)

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I'm sure they'll come; I don't think we're ready for them yet.
    I don't want R/S remakes in the 5th Gen for two reasons:
    1. (the lesser reason) 5th Gen and 3rd Gen take place in completely different timelines. Remember, R/S/E are contemporary with R/B/Y; D/P/Pt are contemporary with G/S/C, all of which are set 3 years after Gen I/III.
    B/W take place some undisclosed number of years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS.
    I don't want them messing that up or coming up with some "time machine" to make it work. Make Gen VI contemporary with Gen III if you have to.
    2. (the main reason) If these remakes come out in Gen V, they'll have to be compatible with the DSi, so that they can communicate with B/W. That means no 3DS version, which doesn't make sense after the 3DS launch, especially considering it'll be at least next year, probably later, that we get them. No go.

So yeah, while I want them and see them coming soon, I can't see it working in Gen V. And I'm hoping Nintendo sees this too.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm sure they'll come; I don't think we're ready for them yet.
    I don't want R/S remakes in the 5th Gen for two reasons:
    1. (the lesser reason) 5th Gen and 3rd Gen take place in completely different timelines. Remember, R/S/E are contemporary with R/B/Y; D/P/Pt are contemporary with G/S/C, all of which are set 3 years after Gen I/III.
    B/W take place some undisclosed number of years after D/P/Pt/HG/SS.
    I don't want them messing that up or coming up with some "time machine" to make it work. Make Gen VI contemporary with Gen III if you have to.
    2. (the main reason) If these remakes come out in Gen V, they'll have to be compatible with the DSi, so that they can communicate with B/W. That means no 3DS version, which doesn't make sense after the 3DS launch, especially considering it'll be at least next year, probably later, that we get them. No go.

So yeah, while I want them and see them coming soon, I can't see it working in Gen V. And I'm hoping Nintendo sees this too.

1) the time line you speak of its false ....well kinda...actually your right but you see pokemon games never really relied on time lines to tell a story so they will in fact remake it for the 5th gen. plus R/S events are completly left out of BW so maybe thats whay because there gonna remake it.

2) i see no reason why the remakes cant be on the 3ds and still interact with the ds versions. the reason the for the other games were because they were on 2 completely different platforms( gb advanced and Nintendo ds for example) where as the only difference between the ds and 3ds cartridges are really the 3d aspects right? i might be totally wrong please let me know if i am and why.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    They could in theory make a 3DS-compatible version that works on a DS (albeit minus certain features). That'd be interesting to see.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    1) the time line you speak of its false ....well kinda...actually your right but you see pokemon games never really relied on time lines to tell a story so they will in fact remake it for the 5th gen. plus R/S events are completly left out of BW so maybe thats whay because there gonna remake it.

2) i see no reason why the remakes cant be on the 3ds and still interact with the ds versions. the reason the for the other games were because they were on 2 completely different platforms( gb advanced and Nintendo ds for example) where as the only difference between the ds and 3ds cartridges are really the 3d aspects right? i might be totally wrong please let me know if i am and why.
    Because of the new hardware functionality, 3DS games cannot communicate with regular DS games as far as I know. If anyone has any proof otherwise, please correct me.
    As for the timeline, I know they don't rely on these as perfect; I'm just saying I'd rather they did use these as guidelines. I want some sort of consistency in the Pokemon games' plot. I know Nintendo can do that much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back